H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Lex_Ordo

Default Dealer scratched up my wheel!!!!!!

Can you believe it!
I purposely went to the dealer's service to have my regular 3 month PM done because I thought they would handle my truck a little better than the general service station.
When I got the truck back, the Inspection sticker was just slapped on the windshield, wasn't even straight, the windshield washer fluid wasn't filled, and the wheel, on my left rear was scratched!
As if it was rubbed against a concrete block.

Today, alledgedly, they will swap out a wheel from a return from lease truck of which I inspect and approve.
They seem like they want to make it right, but after this episode, I will not go to the dealer for service again.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dealer scratched up my wheel!!!!!!

Sounds like my experience at the dealership I go to. They put the frickin' paper mat over the floor mats, but then disrespect everything else on the vehicle.

Good thing is, they do always get things corrected. It's a bit aggravating that things need to be pointed out to them though.

The last "service manager" I dealt with said, "Well - it's not a luxury vehicle." WTF!!!! I don't give a %#&* if it's a Yugo, I want it returned to me in the same condition that it was brought in!!!

I know.....I know.......
Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Lex ,what dealer did you go to.

When ramp in st james installed my first set of replacement roof rails they scuffed up the track with the crossbows.(I didnt say nothing at the time as you can not see it)
When I recently brang it in again for another roof rail replacement I said be carefull not to scratch the track putting in the crossbows and I noticed the track was replaced also and no scuffs.

If you go into the repair shop you can see the techs banging stuff around tossing tires/rims to the ground.You would think they would be more carefull.

I only go in for warranty problems ,Ill do the rest myself.

BTW The service rep in febuary said I have 25,000 miles on the H3 and I need the rears ,trans and transfer case serviced it would be $1,000
I told them the book said 100,000 miles I would do it myself at 50,000 miles.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Lex_Ordo

fourfour2,
It was North Bay, in Great Neck.
I'm leaving for the showroom right now, so we will see how the day transpires from here out.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck lex.
lex are you a state trooper ?
My neighbor is one ,I beleve he works out east. Chris B is nice guy in his 30,s drives a undercover WRX he is a investigator,hes been on the job about 10 years.

Lex you ever get out to smiths point beach ?,Its only open at the inlet for fishing now the ocean side should be open soon.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Steve - SanJose

Not seeing that kind of sloppy service here from my dealer.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

you have a right to expect your vehicle returned in better condition than when you brought it in, it is in HUMMER's mission statement...
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Lex_Ordo

Bad news.

I looked at an early '06 H3 which I think just came off lease. Maybe it was owned and sold back for a new car?
Interesting to see the interior of this truck. It has a completely different Headliner material than any of the other H3's I've seen. Must have been one of the very first ones off the line.
Whatever it's circumstance, the wheels all looked bad. The Spare had some scratches on the surface and the four road wheels looked like they had been rubbing the curbs on parking. Not to mention the build up of brake dust that would be no easy task to remove.

I told the dealer that my 1 year old wheels even with the scratch that the dealer service put on it looked better.
Well, I have to wait until Monday now to talk with the president of the dealership. After this, it goes to GM, and Hummer directly. I should be covered Bumbper to bumper still, and let GM charge back the Dealership.

All this for a Wheel!

Last edited by Lex_Ordo : 05-02-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Hummer Guru

wow that must be one hell of a scratch? you must never wheel off-road cuz that would be the least of your worries.
scratches, pits, paint
it's all been hit.
good luck man!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Damn dealers! I've had to call Hummer directly to resolve issues (missing skid plate and damaged condenser on the h3) at the only 2 dealerships within a reasonable distance of me. Now, I have to go back to get the 2 serviced. Hopefully they aren't dicks about it, cause I have to do it and if they are it will just be a wasted trip.

As for the techs... I always watch them while having service done. They dropped all 4 of my freshly powder coated h3 rims from 5 feet, let them bounce and just nearly saved them from falling over. Another time a tech took the secretary girl for a ride in my h3!! I had to go find them in the rear lot and get my truck back. It's almost like they don't care if they are employed or not.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Hummer Guru

wow am i lucky
Old 05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_Ordo
Can you believe it!
I purposely went to the dealer's service to have my regular 3 month PM done because I thought they would handle my truck a little better than the general service station.
When I got the truck back, the Inspection sticker was just slapped on the windshield, wasn't even straight, the windshield washer fluid wasn't filled, and the wheel, on my left rear was scratched!
As if it was rubbed against a concrete block.

Today, alledgedly, they will swap out a wheel from a return from lease truck of which I inspect and approve.
They seem like they want to make it right, but after this episode, I will not go to the dealer for service again.
WELL, God forbid you have to fill your own washer fluid, scratched wheel? you can live with that, BUT a inspection sticker JUST SLAPPED ON NOT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST TO MUCH. This could drive you to the nut house. I think you should call the president, take theropy, and try to GET OVER IT.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Steve - SanJose

Inspection stickers required there? I don't want any stickers on my rig.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Bah, evil dealerships. I enjoy doing service on my own, but I find it overwhelming sometimes, or think that maybe I will do something wrong. But I figure I probably will take the time and effort to make sure it's right to a much greater extent than a guy working at the dealership. So I continue to do my own work, save some money, and put in better fluids for the same price.

I would be angry about a scratched wheel, especially if I take good care of a truck, and don't use it off-road (which is probably 50% of the people here). And that washer fluid probably cost a fortune from the dealer!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog
WELL, God forbid you have to fill your own washer fluid, scratched wheel? you can live with that, BUT a inspection sticker JUST SLAPPED ON NOT STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST TO MUCH. This could drive you to the nut house. I think you should call the president, take theropy, and try to GET OVER IT.

Remind me to take advantage of you in any business dealings we may have.

You pay for all the fluids to be checked and topped off. A rim is damaged by the techs and you think that's perfectly acceptable? Next you'll be saying my skid plate that the dealer stole and the condenser that had half it's fins bent is all a part of having your vehicle serviced and if **** happens, oh well.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Remind me to take advantage of you in any business dealings we may have.

You pay for all the fluids to be checked and topped off. A rim is damaged by the techs and you think that's perfectly acceptable? Next you'll be saying my skid plate that the dealer stole and the condenser that had half it's fins bent is all a part of having your vehicle serviced and if **** happens, oh well.
NOW you got it.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bad news.

I looked at an early '06 H3 which I think just came off lease. Maybe it was owned and sold back for a new car?
Interesting to see the interior of this truck. It has a completely different Headliner material than any of the other H3's I've seen. Must have been one of the very first ones off the line.
Whatever it's circumstance, the wheels all looked bad. The Spare had some scratches on the surface and the four road wheels looked like they had been rubbing the curbs on parking. Not to mention the build up of brake dust that would be no easy task to remove.

I told the dealer that my 1 year old wheels even with the scratch that the dealer service put on it looked better.
Well, I have to wait until Monday now to talk with the president of the dealership. After this, it goes to GM, and Hummer directly. I should be covered Bumbper to bumper still, and let GM charge back the Dealership.

All this for a Wheel!

Feel for you, dealer should be made to replace the wheel; however, what part of warranty is a wheel scratched by a sloppy tech? Hummer might jump in and call the dealer, even though they have no real say since the dealer is an independent business person.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Lex_Ordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog

Tell you what.
Why don't you send me the $150 it cost for my service. It appears that you don't seem to care if you get quality service.
It really is too bad that I expect so much and you expect so little.

People like yourself, that allow negligent behavior create a society of low expectations. My money is hard earned and I don't care to throw it out the window when I pay for a service to be rendered. It's the unmanaged little things that create bigger problems. And we wonder why people don't want to keep service in the US.
Maybe I'd be better off sending my truck to India, so a GM rep there can work on my car.

I sure hope that this post doesn't offend you like the other post did!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tell you what.
Why don't you send me the $150 it cost for my service. It appears that you don't seem to care if you get quality service.
It really is too bad that I expect so much and you expect so little.

People like yourself, that allow negligent behavior create a society of low expectations. My money is hard earned and I don't care to throw it out the window when I pay for a service to be rendered. It's the unmanaged little things that create bigger problems. And we wonder why people don't want to keep service in the US.
Maybe I'd be better off sending my truck to India, so a GM rep there can work on my car.

I sure hope that this post doesn't offend you like the other post did!

Well said! I agree 100% It shouldn't be too much to ask for service to be done properly and get your car back looking the same as it did when you took it in.