H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove an H3 on SUnday and was impressed, but the dealer is 35 miles away and I've come up with some questions on things that didn't occur to me while there:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1. Does the automatic trans have a "sport" mode allowing you to shift up or down by just flicking the shift lever (vs. selecting a gear)?
2. I see some posts here about tire pressure monitoring, but the H3 literature doesn't mention it. Is it available?
3. If there are any AZ drivers around, how's the AC adequacy on 100F+ days? Any signs of engine overheating when idling in traffic?
4. Is the power loss at higher elevations very dramatic; e.g., 5000 feet?
5. Can any other GM dealers do warranty work on Hummers? Its a long way to the Hummer deale and it looks like loaners are not provided.
6. It appears GM doesn't include towing or roadside service in the warranty. Right?[/list]
Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

I drove an H3 on SUnday and was impressed, but the dealer is 35 miles away and I've come up with some questions on things that didn't occur to me while there:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1. Does the automatic trans have a "sport" mode allowing you to shift up or down by just flicking the shift lever (vs. selecting a gear)?
2. I see some posts here about tire pressure monitoring, but the H3 literature doesn't mention it. Is it available?
3. If there are any AZ drivers around, how's the AC adequacy on 100F+ days? Any signs of engine overheating when idling in traffic?
4. Is the power loss at higher elevations very dramatic; e.g., 5000 feet?
5. Can any other GM dealers do warranty work on Hummers? Its a long way to the Hummer deale and it looks like loaners are not provided.
6. It appears GM doesn't include towing or roadside service in the warranty. Right?[/list]
Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

1) No
2) It is standard on all H3s
3) Dallas here -- hit 101 yesterday, H3 cools down quick. No problems with over-heating (at least in my own truck, and no customer complaints)
4) Havent taken to higher elevations personally, but there's been numerous rocky mountain trips forum members have taken and there has been no problem.
5) Can they? Some can -- most wont. And only the best have Hummer Loaners
6) Hummer Roadside assistance comes with the factory 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. The number is 866-Hummer6

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

1. No
2. Tire pressure systems are required by law. Manufacturer must commit to 20% of their vehicles in 2006, and 100% by 2008. So, any new models coming out will definately have them installed. That is probably why it is not mentioned.
3. N/A
4. Always will be for any vehicle; however, wind resistance drops due to thinner air.
5. Some work, in an emergency they might be able to do. Some will require special tools only found at a Hummer dealer.
6. Roadside Assistance Program
As the owner of a new HUMMER vehicle, you are automatically enrolled in the HUMMER Roadside Assistance program. This value-added service is intended to provide peace of mind as you drive in the city or travel the open road. Call 1-866-HUMMER6 (486-6376) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to speak with a HUMMER Roadside Assistance Representative.

We will provide the following services during the Bumper-to-Bumper warranty period, at no expense to you:

• Fuel Delivery: Delivery of enough fuel ($5 maximum) for the customer to get to the nearest service station.

• Lock-out Service (identification required): Replacement keys or locksmith service will be covered at no charge if you are unable to gain entry into your vehicle. Delivery of the replacement key will be covered within 10 miles (16 km).

• Emergency Tow: Tow to the nearest dealership for warranty service or in the event of a vehicle-disabling accident.

• Flat Tire Change: Installation of a spare tire will be covered at no charge. The customer is responsible for the repair or replacement of the tire if not covered by a warrantable failure.

• Jump Start: No-start occurrences which require a battery jump start will be covered at no charge.

• Dealer Locator Service Directions to the nearest dealer.

• Trip Routing: A Roadside Assistance Representative can provide specific information regarding this feature.

• Trip Interruption Expense Benefits: A Roadside Assistance Representative can provide specific information regarding this feature.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 PM

BUKHUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
6. Roadside Assistance Program
As the owner of a new HUMMER vehicle, you are automatically enrolled in the HUMMER Roadside Assistance program. This value-added service is intended to provide peace of mind as you drive in the city or travel the open road. Call 1-866-HUMMER6 (486-6376) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to speak with a HUMMER Roadside Assistance Representative.

We will provide the following services during the Bumper-to-Bumper warranty period, at no expense to you:

• Fuel Delivery: Delivery of enough fuel ($5 maximum) for the customer to get to the nearest service station.

• Lock-out Service (identification required): Replacement keys or locksmith service will be covered at no charge if you are unable to gain entry into your vehicle. Delivery of the replacement key will be covered within 10 miles (16 km).

• Emergency Tow: Tow to the nearest dealership for warranty service or in the event of a vehicle-disabling accident.

• Flat Tire Change: Installation of a spare tire will be covered at no charge. The customer is responsible for the repair or replacement of the tire if not covered by a warrantable failure.

• Jump Start: No-start occurrences which require a battery jump start will be covered at no charge.

• Dealer Locator Service Directions to the nearest dealer.

• Trip Routing: A Roadside Assistance Representative can provide specific information regarding this feature.

• Trip Interruption Expense Benefits: A Roadside Assistance Representative can provide specific information regarding this feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>great info! Thanks for the post!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BUKHUM:
great info! Thanks for the post! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're welcome.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Great info. Its surprising the H3 literature doesn't mention the roadside assistance.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

f5fstop:

You are my hero

Great post!

It's time to buck up little soldier
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 PM

afretiree is off the scale

I am also in AZ, our H3 A/C does great in the 110 degree heat. Only drawback is lack of temperature control by degrees, only settings of 1 or 2 etc.