H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the one!
Identicle to the MV-5O. Not sure why they changed the model #.
I'm sure that you will be very satisfied w/ this compressor!
I'm hoping to get the install w/ pics done around feb. 23-28. a buddy of mine borrowed my digital camera while on vacation in mexico, he will be back on feb. 22
SOON, VERY SOON!
Old 02-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

For the money it looks great and will work excellent for my needs having it permently mounted is great.My cheap plastic one I had for several years took 5 miniutes to fill up bike tire the other day and was straining .It was time to be replaced.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Hummer Expert

This compressor will fill a bike tire with-in a matter of seconds.
I use my compressor to fill up more of my daughters inflatable toys and bicycle tires, than I do to fill up my tires after off-roading!
very handy, especially when hard mounted.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Yeh cant wait to get it and install . A inexpensive addition to the H3,that will be very usefull over the next few years.

I dont know why it wasent designed in at the factory.My brothers VW suv has one and it works well.Those germans know how to engineer cars and trucks.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Hummer Expert

I would imagine that the VW compressor is used more for filling up the little one's inflatables.
I can't see a VW doing Hell's Revenge in Moab!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a link to another air compressor available. I figure, if it last for a good year of wheeling, I'm ahead of the game. Why put good money into something that is going to get full pf mud, and soaked beyond belief. I'm sure the hoses and fittings will outlast the compressor!
IMO!

Ric-H0

Good Cheap Compressor
Old 02-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Here's a link to another air compressor available. I figure, if it last for a good year of wheeling, I'm ahead of the game. Why put good money into something that is going to get full pf mud, and soaked beyond belief. I'm sure the hoses and fittings will outlast the compressor

Ric-H0

That one looks good too.I like the chrome shinny it would look good under the hood . Im not doing any chrome on the outside except the grill .Harbor freight is great I use them all the time.I already bought the masterflow.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Moved mounting brackets to mount laying on the side, they fit perfect!
I noticed that this compressor that I have is a Master Flow MF-1050. My first one was a Super Flow MV-50 (exactly the same).
I'm getting all of the parts gathered for the installation, I will prabably do it next week.
I'll keep you posted!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jp's-h3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to let you know I removed fuse box top the other day it was cold and 2 clips broke.Be carefull removing in the cold .If not covered by warranty (probobly not) it will be around $30.00 .Your wing nut idea is probobly better than trying to remove with compressor attached when its cold.
I will get a relacment next week.Cant wait for install advice and pics My mf-1050 left Ca yesturday should be in by the time I get back.Looks like install next weekend .I hope I dont need it this weekend.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

any install pics yet?

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jp's-h3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to let you know I removed fuse box top the other day it was cold and 2 clips broke.Be carefull removing in the cold .If not covered by warranty (probobly not) it will be around $30.00 .Your wing nut idea is probobly better than trying to remove with compressor attached when its cold.
I will get a relacment next week.Cant wait for install advice and pics My mf-1050 left Ca yesturday should be in by the time I get back.Looks like install next weekend .I hope I dont need it this weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cold and plastic do not go well together!
I tried taking the plastic cover off the rail system to put my rack on and, the cover broke.
It was covered by warranty though, I guess i'll use a blow dryer to warm things up! Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
any install pics yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next week!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jp's-h3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
any install pics yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next week! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool Deal!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Hummer Guru

jp's-h3 I was thinking a little silicone in the mounting bolt holes and under washers,Are you using 1 inch washers?
Also a cheap $1.00 store Plastic hair cover would be good to put over it when off roading.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Hummer Expert

Silicone, hair bag?
Great Idea's!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Just a little advice!
when you go to your local hose supplier, make sure that they take the hose coupling on the coil air hose, cut it off and re-install it on the length of air hose you purchase.
Then have them install a new female coupling to the coil air hose and, a male to the other end of the new length of hose you are purchasing.
This is the way I had them do it at Evco, here in Salt Lake, because they did not carry the same type of coupling's that are on the Master Flow air compressor and coil air hose.
(If your local hose supplier does carry these particular type of fittings then you can ignore what I just wrote!)
Old 02-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Guru

jp's-h3

Just received compressor in the mail today.Nice compressor!.
It looks like I should remove male fitting on compressor and replace with standard fitting also adapt hose end to standard fitting to use supplyed hose.(I have a 25 foot one I use at the beach also )Let me know how long of a hose needed to relocate under body and mounting bracket type/style?,pics of location ect.
Ill wait to install to see how you made out also list mounting bolt sizes ect.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

This thread may be dead granted but in case someone else decides to go with an air compressor, the link below seems to have some pretty fair prices and some quality stuff. I picked up my strap and shackles from these guys and they knocked some off the price just for the hell of it. And as I mentioned before, they don't carry crappy products. I still prefer my powertank, but than again I'm no player hater.

http://offroadrecovery.zoovy.com/cat...ircompressors/
Old 03-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nmikes:
This thread may be dead granted but in case someone else decides to go with an air compressor, the link below seems to have some pretty fair prices and some quality stuff. I picked up my strap and shackles from these guys and they knocked some off the price just for the hell of it. And as I mentioned before, they don't carry crappy products. I still
prefer my powertank, but than again I'm no player hater.

http://offroadrecovery.zoovy.com/cat...ircompressors/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seem's that these guy's prices are comparable to everyone else's prices out there!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Hummer Guru

My brother just told me he can get the type fittings that are on the compressor, He also has straight hard hose for relocating .He works at fed ex on the big rigs and use that type of hose all the time so he can make them up for me...freebee!.
jp's-h3 were are you relocating fittings to I looked under mid section of truck and Im not sure were to put it.I probobly work on it this weekend or next if the weather is good.Let me know how your comming along .