H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fuse box lid is pretty sturdy. the real test will be on the trails!
fourtofour is right, the lid is pretty fragile when cold, especially the clips that hold it on.
if it does break, it is a very inexpensive part to replace.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

jp's-h3
Hummer Professional

Posted Mar 15, 4:41 PM
My next project is to install a monitor w/ front and rear cameras, great for on and off road use!

I already have a rear cam I wonder if I can hook up a front one.I think It will mess me up driving though,I would zone out on the camera and miss something.
Remember the rear camera is mirror image and the front would not be.

rear cam pic
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It look's like we are both onto our next project.

Do you need another suggestion from me.....

What about that ARB rear locker now that "we" have a "built in" air source? Hmmmmmm. (Please?)
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 03-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Sorry!
I'm happy w / the factory rear locker.
Most certaily a front locker!

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 01-26-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Hummer Expert

Hey fourtofour!
I'm planning on hooking a screen switch up, so I can switch from one camera to the next. You could hook both cameras up and have a split screen but, that could be to confusing while driving.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Front camera would be cool But dont know if ill do it.list pics when you install.I know the rear camera comes in handy.Mine is a fish eye type 160 deg I beleve .so objects are closer then they look,you get used to it.the 120 deg hid the rear corners to much plus I have the camera mounted offset on the lic plate overhang.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Hummer Guru

What about that ARB rear locker now that "we" have a "built in" air source? Hmmmmmm

Im happy with factory rear locker.Not worryed about front.

List some pics of your compressor install
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Hummer Professional

I will treat myself to the compressor install this April when all the other cr_p I have to do are done
I am inspired by your (442 & jp's) though and have been living vicariously with it. Will ask specific questions (especially about the cool drop down line in the middle of the undercarriage) when I get going, though. Thanks.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 03-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
I am inspired by your (442 & jp's) efforts though and have been living vicariously with it. Will ask specific questions (especially about the cool drop down line in the middle of the undercarriage) when I get going, though.

typo.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Hummer Guru

ETD Get all the parts together you will need and it will only take about a hour to install , a little longer if you milk it.
It will take more time to gather the parts than to install. DO IT DO IT...

Jp the bracket I used at frame is that for the rock rails?.Its great having air handy when the TPS light goes on. I find in the cold weather every 4 to 5 weeks it goes on.I guess we should check air once a month.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Hummer Guru

I had a H3 recovery team sticker left that I bought in september.After posting pic I was told its a joke and to take it off.(I did)
I was thinking what to do with the other sticker and put it on the compressor.
I think it looks good and it matches the truck.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Then thinking what to do with the recovery team part of sticker.I put it above tow hook.I like it.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Hummer Guru

Cant see it to good heres a close up.

I have 2 stickers in white(originaly they sent me wrong color) I dont know what to do with them.Maybee i'll put it on my mother in laws jeep
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
ETD Get all the parts together you will need and it will only take about a hour to install , a little longer if you milk it.
It will take more time to gather the parts than to install. DO IT DO IT...

Jp the bracket I used at frame is that for the rock rails?.Its great having air handy when the TPS light goes on. I find in the cold weather every 4 to 5 weeks it goes on.I guess we should check air once a month.

I believe that the bracket you used is on the underside of the body. The rock slider bars attach directly to the frame.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I believe that the bracket you used is on the underside of the body. The rock slider bars attach directly to the frame.

I wonder what that bracket is for?

I know for a air hose hookup thats it.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Hummer Professional

Wow. 424. That sticker on the compressor made it look like a factory part. Mr. GM will surely be proud. Imagine it as a factory option? Better patent it (but not before I do mine ).
Old 03-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Guru

jp's-h3 Holds the patent on compressor I freely give up my rights on the sticker.Jp if you want one of my white ones let me know it was your GR8 idea.the white would look good on yours. I think Ill put the other one on my mother in laws jeep for fun .

The stickers are cheap on ebay you get 2 all colors. Just dont put it on as entended.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Hey fourtofour!
I'll take the white one, that would look pretty cool!
I'll send you a private message w/ my address.
let me know how much $ I owe you. Thanks bro!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Hummer Guru

JP A few stamps its on its way.As they say in NY Dont worry about it.List some picks and bump up this thread.
Pad
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Hummer Expert

I realize that the drive from the big apple to Moab is long but, if you where able to make it to the gathering, I'll buy you a beer or two! Thanks 442!