H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-23-2003, 07:16 PM

Brad is off the scale

Has anyone out there had any problems with there A/C blowing warm air? Sometimes it will blow cold and then start blowing warm. My temp is turned all the way to 60 when this happens and it will be hot in my rig so it isn't a temp adjustment problem.

I took it to the dealer last week and they said it needed a regulator on one of the lines, Is anybody surprised that it didn't work!!

I also have a popping noise in my rearend when I turn and the body shifts. Sometimes it is really loud. The dealer said they lubbed all of the moving parts but can you believe that it didn't work!!

2 days in the shop and no results does that seem familiar except for a scratch on my driver door.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

RonB is off the scale

Sorry to hear about your problems with your dealers' service dept. My ac was making a groaning noise that would increase/decrease with the engine rpm. My service dept replaced the compressor (some small, inexpensive part inside the compressor was installed backwards at the factory rendering the whole unit extinct) with one that had the problems you are describing (cracked case, leaking freon). They replaced it with yet another one and now it works perfectly.

As far as the popping/creaking noise I experienced, first they lubed the crap out of...well, whatever's down there. This reduced the noise, but it was still there while off-roading. I took it back and they "replaced both front shocks and re-torqued the cross member". I'll let you know if they crop up again
Old 09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Have the A/C problem with lack of sufficient cooling at times...my dealer doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

Unrelated to the A/C...dealer replaced the thermometer sensor (no fix), then the inside mirror/thermo unit, now I finally get accurate temp readings.

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 09-09-2003, 12:41 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

PewterPower....What you're discribing has nothing to do with the H2. It's a simple matter of the engine fan not being able to condense the refrigerant in the condenser (at the radiator)after sitting at idle for extended periods. Common problem with all vehicles in high ambient temperatures. As soon as you move forward the additional air over the condenser does the trick. You can install an electric aux fan that might help.

A/C business in Las Vegas
Old 08-24-2003, 11:33 PM

Gary C is off the scale

The popping noise is the trailing arms on the rear end,,,, bad bushings.

<font color=Gray>Pewter</font>, Lux, Ventvisors, Foose Wheels, Corsa Touring Exhaust, HID's
Old 09-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

PewterPower is off the scale

Has anyone experienced the following: When I'm sitting at idle for an extended period (10 mins)...the A/C does not blow cold air. The temperature inside the vehicle gets hot....and the temp on the mirror has been as high at 110...when it's actually in the 90's outside...

Once I start driving..the air blows cool and I"m happy again. Is this something that I should have checked by the dealer ?
Old 09-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Hummer Novice

8MYROVER is off the scale

There may be a pressure problem between the high and low side. On the new GM trucks, if they don't match exactly to specs, it blows hot and cold.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:14 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

I had the same problem, took it dealer and they said a valve in the ac was installed backwards at the factory. But of course this did not fix the problem, it seems that when the ac is blowing at high speed the air passes thru the coils so fast it dosent get cold, when this happens i put the ac on manual, turn the fan speed and the recirculate valve on.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:38 PM

Brad is off the scale

Thanks for your reply RonB. Maybe they will get my problems worked out one day.

Keep me posted on your popping noise.

Brad
Old 09-07-2003, 04:41 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

The a/c on my Hummer is the best one I have had since the R-134 nightmare. Not only does it blow very cold air, it has tremendous volume (cfm) as well.

Why can't they make an American car with a/c that moves alot of air but does not rquire turning up the stero??? Both my Mercedes (oldie but a goodie) and my wife's BMW will cool the car nicely and do not require hearing protection
Old 09-07-2003, 12:12 PM

Brad is off the scale

Thanks GaryC, sorry it took so long to get your post I haven't been on line in a while.

I will have them check it out.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:16 PM

Brad is off the scale

Has anyone out there had any problems with there A/C blowing warm air? Sometimes it will blow cold and then start blowing warm. My temp is turned all the way to 60 when this happens and it will be hot in my rig so it isn't a temp adjustment problem.

I took it to the dealer last week and they said it needed a regulator on one of the lines, Is anybody surprised that it didn't work!!

I also have a popping noise in my rearend when I turn and the body shifts. Sometimes it is really loud. The dealer said they lubbed all of the moving parts but can you believe that it didn't work!!

2 days in the shop and no results does that seem familiar except for a scratch on my driver door.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this thread. A TSB is out on the AC unit.

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=892608666 3

03 H2 Pewter W/Lux, Delphia XM Radio