H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 04-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

All-

After reading the banter back and forth between happy and dirty in happy's post, I noticed mention of a H1 with a duramax with allison transmission. Can anyone confirm for me when this will happen? I'm debating buying a used one (2002) right now and would hate for this new one to come out and drive down the prices even further/fastere. Anyways, I would appreciate someone setting the record straight on when the duramaxed/allisoned H1 is coming.

Thanks, in advance for your replies...
Hummer Professional

All-

After reading the banter back and forth between happy and dirty in happy's post, I noticed mention of a H1 with a duramax with allison transmission. Can anyone confirm for me when this will happen? I'm debating buying a used one (2002) right now and would hate for this new one to come out and drive down the prices even further/fastere. Anyways, I would appreciate someone setting the record straight on when the duramaxed/allisoned H1 is coming.

Hummer Professional

All-

Old 04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think that there is anyone that can give a solid answear. HUMMER has been testing the duramax, but is keeping very quiet about it. There are lots of rumors that it will be in the H1 in '05, but I doubt it. I doubt it because HUMMER has made alot of changes for to the 6.5 for the '04 model. Why would HUMMER make all of these changes to the 6.5 (those changes are the reason the '04's have come out so late) to replace it with the duramax a year later. Addtionally, the H1 is derived from the Humvee and built on the same assemblely line; I dont think that HUMMER will be putting the duramax in the Humvee for a long time, it doesnt make sense. The Humvee is serviced in a motorpool, I find it highly ill-logical that the military would be servicing two completly diffarent engines and transmissions because none of the parts are interchangable. That means that the military would have to carry twice as many parts to service the same amount of trucks. Just my opinon.

-007=
Old 04-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

Happy Hummer is off the scale

Well tonight I was at the Hummer dealer paying for the H1 and they said that the run for 2004 will be very short so they can shut the plant down and retool for the new engine and trans. I don't know how good this info is, but I did put a deposit on the dealers first 2005 soft top, if it does have the duramax and allison trans. That combo is simply AMAZING. If I get more info I will pass it on.

ROB
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2008 Harley Screamin Eagle Ultra
2006 Wild West Custom Chopper
Old 04-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

How many times do I have to tell you guys? It'll be out by the end of the year.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

DRTYFN,
Is it going to be an '04 model or an '05? I would love to have a Dmax in my 98, but its not woth the 45-50K that the converion costs, or the 2-3 three months that my truck would be gone. HUMMER will put the duramax in the H1, but I have thought that it would be while. I dont know why AMG would spend all that time and money doing R&D on the 6.5 to replace it a year later. In the '06 model there is talk of a new front axle/suspension setup, I saw a pictue of it and I have to say the setup looked really tough.

-007=
Old 05-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale

Here is the link to a bunch of info, in it they talk about duramax and when it's coming out http://www.amghummer.com/features/gossip/gossip.htm from what I think, 2 cents, the heavy duty option will be in the $25k to $50k range. You will get a lot of stuff( HD-package) hd brush guard, towing package, winch, off road tire package, allison is around $8,000 option for silverauto you can get now. Also get the Duromax as an option for about same amount. I here the allison will downshift going down hill and when you use your breaks. anyway it does a lot more then just being a transmission.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got an update today. It's going to be an '06 model out in early '05. Don't know why.
I also heard that production of the current H1 has been or is very soon to be halted so the line can be retooled(uh huh huh... tool) for the Duramax. I'm in line for a pewter wagon.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

In the trucks the Allison is +2000 option and Dmax +5000 option over the stock 6.0 gas.

I also heard that when they retooled the 6.5 they saw how bad it was and instantly went to the D/A power train. JK
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.