H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 01-17-2004, 08:03 PM

Fistville is off the scale

I've seen the pictures, I intend on order an '05 but I want to sit in the new interior. When in god's name will the 2004s be delivered to dealerships. I call mine, and they give me the same BS answer of 1-6 weeks. So any info would help.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:03 PM

I've seen the pictures, I intend on order an '05 but I want to sit in the new interior. When in god's name will the 2004s be delivered to dealerships. I call mine, and they give me the same BS answer of 1-6 weeks. So any info would help.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, there are only 110 '04's coming out. The largest Hummer Dealer (sales) is Sherman Oaks. I spoke to the GM (I've purchased 2 hummers from him) and he said they are only getting 2 H1's allotted to them this year!

Let us know how it goes. Prices will certainly be up.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:38 PM

My dealership has 3 on order supposidly, http://www.weilhummer.com/en_US/ but then again they are a car dealership which means they are full of ****.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Try www.lynchhummer.com I believe they are the largest h1 dealer in the country.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:10 AM

HMMWV is off the scale

AMG is making 235 04s. Actually Lynch is the biggest in the world, not just the country.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:37 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Well, in this case, biggest in the country should be good enough, to say it is biggest in the world discredit the honor and make it a joke, since everyone knows Hummer is basically sold in the US, everywhere else is simply irrelevant. Much like the World Series, we all know what part of the world it covers, true there are Cubans and Canadians, but.. well, you know what I mean, I have no problem calling it World Series.

Now we get back to the BIGGEST Hummer dealer, I heard that about several dealerships and I've seen ad text claiming such, as people in the car business are the type of people who need to brag for a living, I can't blame them.

I was at my local dealer last week. I knew they were selling 100+ a month before. I asked the manager how's the Hummer business, he naturally said the Hummer sales is great, they cannot get enough of them, people wait in line. Sure, of course, like I cannot see the lines of new Hummers in the back lot.

235 is correct. Hummer manager told me Hummer intentionally make less H1s to make it more rare and exclusive. I was speechless. It is his job to lie, but do I really look that stupid?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

The other "rumor" I've seen for the low production numbers of 04's is that the military is taking up a huge chunk of AMG's production. New armored trucks.

Tend to believe this more than it's intentional to raise value.

2001 H1 Opentop

Former 03 H2 Adventure Series

http://homepage.mac.com/babiak1/

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 01-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

I do not think lynch has ever claimed to be the biggest hummer dealer, but I do believe they claim to be the biggest new and used reseller of H1's.

2001 H1 Opentop

2003 H2

Homepage:
Old 01-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

If there are buyers, I am sure they will make as many as they can. I personally am not too convinced about the military production. Wonder why 235, not 245 or 225. Most potential H1 buyers went to buy H2s. But H1 is very important to maintain the image to sell H2.

It is extremely expensive to run small production. Imagine if the H1 brochure (which I have) costs $50,000 to print, that is $212 per brochure, not the cost to make each brochure, but average cost for each of the 235 H1s to be sold. Likewise with everything exclusively or new made for 04 H1s.

When we make a new product, we spread out the development cost evenly among the projected quantity, add to the actual production cost to arrive at the cost for each unit. If the initial development cost is $10,000, we only sell 1,000 pcs, the cost to add is $10 each unit, vs. 1 cents if we plan to sell 1 million units. This simple calculation killed 99% of the new products we designed before they leave the design department.

There are products by itself we know in advance we will not sell enough to make money, but it helps or is critical to the sales of another product, then we do it and count it as part of the cost of the main seller, in this case, the H2.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
Good luck, there are only 110 '04's coming out. The largest Hummer Dealer (sales) is Sherman Oaks. I spoke to the GM (I've purchased 2 hummers from him) and he said they are only getting 2 H1's allotted to them this year!

Let us know how it goes. Prices will certainly be up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dealer is getting 2 and they are located between 2 of the orginal dealers in the country. Getting 2 is probably not a big deal. Lynch is getting 4 from what I can remember.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Well, in this case, biggest in the country should be good enough, to say it is biggest in the world discredit the honor and make it a joke, since everyone knows Hummer is basically sold in the US, everywhere else is simply irrelevant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will give you that but I have a friend that joined the Japan Hummer Owners group for a day when he was in Japan for business and he said that a lot of them buy their parts from Lynch. When talking about Hummer dealers you have to include parts also. And there are more than a few H1 dealers around the world and they continue evern after GM took the naming rights for North America.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Black H1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would look into the '05 as well, I want the Duramax diesel as mine did not feel like starting last weekend in -16 degree temperatures. Hummer of Sioux Falls is getting a red '04 and they have only sold one H1 (mine) since there inception as a HUMMER dealer. They look to Lynch for guidance in most of their HUMMER matters.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:42 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Here is the website for Hummer Club Japan. http://www.hummer.co.jp/
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2004, 05:44 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

That is a clean shop.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

How much is 11,000,000 yen? Sounds like a lot and that's what they want for the 2000 Wagon.

2001 H1 Opentop

2003 H2

Homepage:
Old 01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like $103,400 something and I would assume that includes at least one hooker.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

They're not hookers, they're geishas. And they've got special handling packages.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Why does the service rep at the desk look like Austin Powers Baby?
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Basically take off 2 zeros for fast calculation. Everything is expensive in Japan, or another way to look at it is the exchange rate, if the Yen is cheaper in relation to US$, at certain exchange rate, everything can be about same prices, coffee is no longer $8 a cup, no refill.

One major problem would be driving the wide H1 on Japanese streets, 2nd would be driving on the left side. It take extra passion and love to own American automobiles in Japan, there is always a hot market for American cars in Japan, certainly status symbols. I remembered years ago there was great deal of anger toward Janpan for not buying American cars, what most people did not know is:
1/ American car makers did not make any right hand drive cars, zero. Now there are very very few.
2/ Japan drives on the left side of the road. You would think everyone knows that, but many people do not know that.

You really have to love America to own an American car in Japan.
Attached Images