Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ann Coulter

LMFAO!!! Methinks Ann Coulter's website got hacked. The site seems to be going up and down, so I have also included the text below. Good times.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/...gi?article=214

Quote:
An Open Letter to Readers
October 15, 2007

Dear Readers,

I've been participating in a charade for nearly eleven years, now. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You have all been a part of a sick joke that I began considering shortly after first getting on the air. At first, it was quite interesting to see how people would react when I would use twisted logic and poorly masked bigotry.

But eleven years is a long time to be living a fake life, and I can no longer tolerate this falsity. Even someone as fake as I tires out eventually.

Here's the truth, I don't care what people believe. Jews don't need to be "made perfect" as I so arrogantly proclaimed to Editor & Publisher not a half week ago. I don't even care if people are Muslim. Granted, I don't know much about the religion or the people, but they are people. This is something that we cannot forget, they are in an abhorrent situation. These people are in need of education. Perhaps if we did not participate in causing them misery, they would not hate us so.

In fact, does it really matter whether we are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or even Pagan? We are one nation. One. We should not let petty differences separate us, we are all American, and should act in that manner.

And with that, my precious viewers, I bid you adieu. My career as a media figurehead is over.

Signed,

Ann Coulter

P.S. - Oh, and Bill O'Reilly is also just acting.

Haha, did it again. Oh, those silly web admins...they just embarrass themselves.

(Admins, check for an e-mail address in the CMS. Find it. I know you will.)
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ann Coulter

Name:  fake.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  24.2 KB
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Hummer Authority

Which is why I said that her site probably got hacked...dumbass. It has been taken down already, but it was a legitimate page on her site at one point. Just sayin.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

It was posted on Ron Paul's Forum this morning:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25669

It seems she said something about Jews that didn't sit well with them. I don't know what it was.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Ann in her controversial style said the Jews need to get with the program and become Christians...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah but I don't think she meant it in that way. She jokingly said that Christians are perfected Jews. Of course the rating signal binged...Then he kept pushing her....she said that since Jesus was a Jew that the bible was a sequel, intelligently backing up her half joking debate.

But he just kept pushing and well, made it something it wasn't. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and text is different than dialect and body language.

She loves to debate and is very sarcastic. I wouldn't be surprised if she typed it.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone wanna check out my new do?

Runway???????
Old 10-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHummerGuy
Anyone wanna check out my new do?

Runway???????
Over-grown mossy forest.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Over-grown mossy forest.

Oh thats right. Expecting child.........sorry Ken
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Yeah but I don't think she meant it in that way. She jokingly said that Christians are perfected Jews. Of course the rating signal binged...Then he kept pushing her....she said that since Jesus was a Jew that the bible was a sequel, intelligently backing up her half joking debate.

But he just kept pushing and well, made it something it wasn't. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and text is different than dialect and body language.

She loves to debate and is very sarcastic. I wouldn't be surprised if she typed it.
She actally said that Jews need to be perfected by being made into Christians. WTF??? Even if I converted (which, no offense, will never happen) I'm sure (and God knows) I would never be perfect.

Last edited by tower : 10-17-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Hummer Deity

I'm not hairy dammit!

Here is the transcript:

DEUTSCH: Let me ask you a question. We're going to get off strengths and weakness for a second. If you had your way, and all of your — forget that any of them —
COULTER: I like this.
DEUTSCH: — are calculated marketing teases, and your dreams, which are genuine, came true having to do with immigration, having to do with women's — with abortion — what would this country look like?
COULTER: UMMMMM (pause) ... It would look like New York City during the Republican National Convention. In fact, that's what I think heaven is going to look like.
DEUTSCH: And what did that look like?
COULTER: Happy, joyful Republicans in the greatest city in the world.
DEUTSCH: No, no, no, no, but I'm talking about this country. You don't want to make this country — it's not about Republicans. I'm saying, what would the fabric of this country look like? Forget that the Republicans would be running the show.
COULTER: Well, everyone would root for America, the Democratic Party would look like Joe Lieberman, the Republican Party would look like Duncan Hunter
DEUTSCH: No, no, no, I don't want — I'm not talking about politically the landscape. What would our — would we be safer? Would people be happier? Would they be more —
COULTER: We would be a lot safer.
DEUTSCH: Would there be more tolerance? Would there be — would women be happier, would the races get along better? The Ann Coulter subscription — prescription. What — tell me what would be different in our fabric of country, because —
COULTER: Well, all of those things.
DEUTSCH: I can give — I can give you an argument there would be more divisiveness, that there would be more hate —
COULTER: Oh, no.
DEUTSCH: That there would be a bigger difference between the rich and the poor, a lot of other — tell me what — why this would be a better world? Let's give you — I'm going to give you — say this is your show.
COULTER: Well, OK, take the Republican National Convention. People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America, they —
DEUTSCH: Christian — so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?
COULTER: Yes.
DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?
COULTER: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?
DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place?
COULTER: Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not.
DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But — so we would be better if we were — if people — if there were no Jews, no Buddhists —
COULTER: Whenever I'm harangued by —
DEUTSCH: — in this country? You can't believe that.
COULTER: — you know, liberals on diversity —
DEUTSCH: Here you go again.
COULTER: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And —
DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.
COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire "Seinfeld" episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.
DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some "Seinfeld" episode? OK.
COULTER: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches — the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous.
DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not — we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or —
COULTER: Yeah.
DEUTSCH: Really?
COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.
DEUTSCH: Really?
COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.
DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.
COULTER: Yes.
DEUTSCH: You can't possibly — you're too educated, you can't — you're like my friend in —
COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.
DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean —
COULTER: We have the fast-track program.
DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.
COULTER: The head of Iran is not a Christian.
DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" —
COULTER: I don't know if you've been paying attention.
DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?
COULTER: No, we think — we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.
DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?
COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners —
DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued — when you say something absurd like that, there's no —
COULTER: What's absurd?
DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself —
COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.
DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans," and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more "Big Idea" when we come back.
(BREAK)
DEUTSCH: Welcome back to "The Big Idea." During the break, Ann said she wanted to explain her last comment. So I'm going to give her a chance. So you don't think that was offensive?
COULTER: No. I'm sorry. It is not intended to be. I don't think you should take it that way, but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe — this is just a statement of what the New Testament is — is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.
DEUTSCH: You said — your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.
COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.
DEUTSCH: But that's what you said — don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic —
COULTER: No!
DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?
COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.
DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought. OK —
COULTER: No, no, no, no, no. I don't want you being offended by this. This is what Christians consider themselves, because our testament is the continuation of your testament. You know that. So we think Jews go to heaven. I mean (Jerry) Falwell himself said that, but you have to follow laws. Ours is "Christ died for our sins." We consider ourselves perfected Christians. For me to say that for you to become a Christian is to become a perfected Christian is not offensive at all.
DEUTSCH: We will let the audience decide then, won't we? Ann Coulter. New book. More "Big Idea" straight ahead.

Rereading it, I still don't think she meant it to be so offensive. But I ca see how it would seem that way, I think he was egging her on and she didn't back down. FWIW, I think the country would be a better place if everyone were Cowboys fans.

The site was a prank btw.

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20...r-was-a-prank/
Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Wow...just...wow. I had no idea who she was before this (the link was posted on Fark and I copied it from there)...and after reading that interview I really don't care to know who she is.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned

But if you are Jewish, it WAS offensive. FWIW, I think the country would be a better place if everyone were Cowboys and Cowgirls. Yee-Haw!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
FWIW

Whats that mean?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Banned

For what it's worth
Old 10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Hummer Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
But if you are Jewish, it WAS offensive.

I am not a religous person (more scientific if you will) and have been considered naive when it comes to intentions of others. I don't like the fact that you or anyone was offended.

Reading the raw text it does seem offensive and still is probably. And I'm sorry about that. But what I meant was is that he seemed to be egging her on.

He asked her what her version of the perfect world was- she went on to describe her political version of perfection which was republican (which I'm sure is offensive to you too.). He did not want that version (which is her forte) and asked for specifics. In passing she mentioned Christian and he jumped all over it. "So we should all be Christian?" She joked "Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?"

She went on to describe about how liberals always tout diversity and how she feels that it isn't always a good thing and how there are many chips on shoulders etc. (which could be offensive to some as well) but then he brought up the Christian thing again and again. She joked how it would be fastrack- for her version.

Here is the video. She seems very tongue and cheek to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63rzfy8FFs

In research, apparently the bible does deem itself a perfected version of the old testament. (But what religion doesn't deem itself perfected?) I just don't think that she meant it to be offensive. Maybe, like I said before, I am being naive.

It just baffles me, not that anyone was offended because that's how things get now a days with all the media blogs and hype (not to mention her book is being marketed well because of it), but it's headlined as if this were a planned antisemitic speech. What baffles me further is that there are real people out there crusading specifically against jews, christians, blacks, whites, gays, etc. (Let's not forget democracy!!!) as thier soul purpose who do not get near the amount of attention and scrutiny.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

for the most part.

However, anyone that watches Ann or reads her books, knows she loves to offend!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not hairy dammit!

hahaha! Yeah right there Mrs. Nappy.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

I am also less religious and more in harmony with an "inside-out" concept of God than an "outside-in" one. Of course he was drawing her out. HE'S JEWISH and was totally offended by where she was going and wanted to have her make her position emphatically clear for the record. I don't have anything against Republicans. My dad is one and I was married to one. I suspect there are even a couple of people on this site whom I like and admire who might be republican. But I wouldn't take any crap from anyone telling me that I needed to be perfected out of being a Democrat and into being a Republican any more than I would from someone telling me that I needed to be perfected into being a Christian. (BTW, no offense intended toward Christianity. Some of my best friends... Oh, forget it!)
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
... (But what religion doesn't deem itself perfected?) I just don't think that she meant it to be offensive. ... It just baffles me, not that anyone was offended because that's how things get now a days with all the media blogs and hype (not to mention her book is being marketed well because of it), but it's headlined as if this were a planned antisemitic speech. What baffles me further is that there are real people out there crusading specifically against jews, christians, blacks, whites, gays, etc. (Let's not forget democracy!!!) as thier soul purpose who do not get near the amount of attention and scrutiny.

Right. I think "perfected" here just means better off or believing in the truest form of God. Forgetting who, if anyone, is right (we might find out when we die), most religious Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Moonies, Buddhists, Taoists, Zoroastrianists, Mowahidoons, and American Injuns all think they have a perfected view of spirituality. Coulter just came out and said it, but it's not that shocking to me.
I know most, especially orthodox, Jews think that they have a superior view of God over that of Christians and others, and thus are superior to them in a spiritual sense. It certainly would not/should not bother me if they come out and say it. You really can't have religious tolerance at all if everyone is required to believe that they're no better off than the followers of other religions in order to fit in with the PC culture.