H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we know of anyone that had a Mash Motors conversion done?

I want to doublecheck on a few things and would like to verify it with someone that has had a Mash Motors diesel conversion done.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do we know of anyone that had a Mash Motors conversion done?

I thought Mash was really big into Mazda Miata engine swaps? They were very well known for Monster Miata's. It was a miata with a 5.0 in it. I used to have a miata and man that car was allot of fun.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
I thought Mash was really big into Mazda Miata engine swaps? They were very well known for Monster Miata's. It was a miata with a 5.0 in it. I used to have a miata and man that car was allot of fun.

I had one of those too.... 'cept mine was supercharged.

Mark
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

that is a blast from the past. I need to dig up some pix of my old miata. Mine was a 95 and I turbo charged it. I had the VISRacing body kit on it and a custom hood scoop made for it. with a roll bar etc.... all kinds of crap done lol
Old 02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
that is a blast from the past. I need to dig up some pix of my old miata. Mine was a 95 and I turbo charged it. I had the VISRacing body kit on it and a custom hood scoop made for it. with a roll bar etc.... all kinds of crap done lol

I did that too....

Mine was a '95 with a supercharger though.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road

Ahhhh the kenne bell.....

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights
Optima Red Top w/ Priority Start Cut Off Mod
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Mark dude I'm hoping to get back in to dragracing and decided when I get to it I'm going with Monster Miata big v8 etc. etc. I'll have to do all the goodies to get HP to track. It is light well you know all the reasons. Sort of like building a 66 Mustang before they started adding more weight.
i have a guy local that builds any kind of race car you want from beginning to what ever level you want. He has many good ideas and have some for my H2 as well. He is the top Vette man in the state and people that move away still ship the car back for tune ups and stuff he is so liked. He is one of few people I would trust with engine and tranny ideas.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Mark dude I'm hoping to get back in to dragracing and decided when I get to it I'm going with Monster Miata big v8 etc. etc. I'll have to do all the goodies to get HP to track. It is light well you know all the reasons. Sort of like building a 66 Mustang before they started adding more weight.
i have a guy local that builds any kind of race car you want from beginning to what ever level you want. He has many good ideas and have some for my H2 as well. He is the top Vette man in the state and people that move away still ship the car back for tune ups and stuff he is so liked. He is one of few people I would trust with engine and tranny ideas.

TAZ

Hey Taz, hadn't heard from ya in a while. Hope things are going well.

I think the Monster Miata would be a great track car provided it was tubbed.... otherwise, just too much HP for a small car.

I'm in the process of finishing my S10 (finishing, huh, I've reconfigured it a dozen times since I bought it new in '96... it'll never be finished..lol)

Here's the engine that I'm fighting with to get it to fit correctly.

Back half...

Motor plate.

Building small vehicles with big motors has always been the way to go but damn, they can be a headache.

Mark
Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Elcova Newbie

SimonH2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Do we know of anyone that had a Mash Motors conversion done?

Hello. A couple years back, I was looking for someone who knew how to fit a Duramax into an H2 and I found Mash Motors with a few Google clicks. I went to Mike Mash's shop in the spring 2011 to get my 2007 H2SUT converted. If you are like me, your H2 is your Toy and you want it working better than best. That is true when it is original and true if you get this conversion done. It can be done by many people; the trick is to lift the body off the frame then patience will get most people through it. I decided to go to Mash Motors as it seemed to be the "renown" place.

There is no question that Michael Mash knows how to work this modification. Problem is absolutely no after sale support. I live 26 hours drive to Wichita so can't easily go visit if something goes wrong. The only alternative to driving back is the phone and the email and the hope that if something was missed, Mike would foot the bill for a local mechanics to do the work.

Well, Mash Motors overlooked many things. I have an air leak into the fuel system so every now and then, the truck won't start. I must open the hood, prime it and off I go. The air conditioning system was badly installed so the AC went dead in a few weeks. I had to get it recharged and checked at a local shop. The Bully Dog computer they installed was badly programmed so the speedometer was off by 14%. There was no way to fix that but for a complete reset of the Bully Dog which needed assistance of Bully and a $250 fee to have a Bully-pro guy do it. Mike Mash did not put the agreed cluster so I have miles instead of Km. He promised to send me the metric one but he never did. I still have a DTC about air intake warmer, the exhaust vibrates against the frame, the bendix coupling to the flywheel misses from time to time... So far, after spending $39K in conversion, I am in another $1000 to fix those annoying issues.

Would I convert it again: YES! But I encourage everyone to look for a shop close to home and make sure the mechanics you select is proud of his work, communicates well is and takes responsibility. Although at first sight you will not feel that, my experience is Mike Mash is not in the "pro" category. His main business is food catering and this conversion business seems to be a side line that he focuses on when he feels like it. Still, Mash Motors is a Web based company i.e. that is how you find him. He walks around with an I-Phone thus gets emails instantly but will ignore you for weeks. You call and get the answering machine most the time. When he decides to communicate back, he sends a "call me and we'll discuss" but why doesn't he call???

If things go well, I am sure that everyone will be pleased getting the conversion at Mash Motors but if they don't like it happened for me...the frustration you'll feel having your beloved Hummer not perfect and that you've been fooled by someone who doesn't care once the money is in his pocket ruins the pleasure of having a Diesel H2. Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Hummer Guru

Fortunately, the guy that did my conversion was FANTASTIC!

It took quite a bit longer than anticipated but the ONLY problem I had was a CEL because of a brake control module.

Once I replaced it, I?ve had zero problems. (I recently had an issue with fuel rail pressure but that had nothing to do with the conversion but rather, the tuner I installed. (quick fix, changed some settings in the tune)

Other than that, I?ve had ZERO problems and I assure you I paid probably 1/3 of what Mash Motors charges. (special deal for me... )

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH2
Hello. A couple years back, I was looking for someone who knew how to fit a Duramax into an H2 and I found Mash Motors with a few Google clicks. I went to Mike Mash's shop in the spring 2011 to get my 2007 H2SUT converted. If you are like me, your H2 is your Toy and you want it working better than best. That is true when it is original and true if you get this conversion done. It can be done by many people; the trick is to lift the body off the frame then patience will get most people through it. I decided to go to Mash Motors as it seemed to be the "renown" place.

There is no question that Michael Mash knows how to work this modification. Problem is absolutely no after sale support. I live 26 hours drive to Wichita so can't easily go visit if something goes wrong. The only alternative to driving back is the phone and the email and the hope that if something was missed, Mike would foot the bill for a local mechanics to do the work.

Well, Mash Motors overlooked many things. I have an air leak into the fuel system so every now and then, the truck won't start. I must open the hood, prime it and off I go. The air conditioning system was badly installed so the AC went dead in a few weeks. I had to get it recharged and checked at a local shop. The Bully Dog computer they installed was badly programmed so the speedometer was off by 14%. There was no way to fix that but for a complete reset of the Bully Dog which needed assistance of Bully and a $250 fee to have a Bully-pro guy do it. Mike Mash did not put the agreed cluster so I have miles instead of Km. He promised to send me the metric one but he never did. I still have a DTC about air intake warmer, the exhaust vibrates against the frame, the bendix coupling to the flywheel misses from time to time... So far, after spending $39K in conversion, I am in another $1000 to fix those annoying issues.

Would I convert it again: YES! But I encourage everyone to look for a shop close to home and make sure the mechanics you select is proud of his work, communicates well is and takes responsibility. Although at first sight you will not feel that, my experience is Mike Mash is not in the "pro" category. His main business is food catering and this conversion business seems to be a side line that he focuses on when he feels like it. Still, Mash Motors is a Web based company i.e. that is how you find him. He walks around with an I-Phone thus gets emails instantly but will ignore you for weeks. You call and get the answering machine most the time. When he decides to communicate back, he sends a "call me and we'll discuss" but why doesn't he call???

If things go well, I am sure that everyone will be pleased getting the conversion at Mash Motors but if they don't like it happened for me...the frustration you'll feel having your beloved Hummer not perfect and that you've been fooled by someone who doesn't care once the money is in his pocket ruins the pleasure of having a Diesel H2. Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road

Same guy that did Mark's conversion has mine now. Great guy, great communicator, and very meticulous!

Thanks for the reference Mark!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark and pwrhse2k,

I would have sent you guys a PM but you know how that works...I had some questions about your conversions and was wondering if I could give one or both of you a shout. You can reach me via e-mail at dan (dot) mcguire (at) nice (dot) com if you would and if you leave a time and a number I can give you a call. I was also wondering if I could get the name and number of the guy who did/is doing your conversion.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 AM
Hummer Guru

I will send you my info Monday. I'm in Fl at the moment. If you're interested, I'm about to put my H2 up for sale.

I have had ZERO problems with no regrets at all but I'm about to buy a trailer for my UTV's and buying a fifth wheel trailer would be much more useful.

I hate like hell to sell my H2 but I can't afford to keep it and buy a new truck.

Mark
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

ben86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I will send you my info Monday. I'm in Fl at the moment. If you're interested, I'm about to put my H2 up for sale.

I have had ZERO problems with no regrets at all but I'm about to buy a trailer for my UTV's and buying a fifth wheel trailer would be much more useful.

I hate like hell to sell my H2 but I can't afford to keep it and buy a new truck.

Mark

in what city in Florida are you?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

You're going to sell your H2, Mark? After all you went through with the conversion! Are you going to be Hummerless once more?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Talking Re: Do we know of anyone that had a Mash Motors conversion done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86
in what city in Florida are you?
I was in spring hill. I left this morning and got about 45 miles from there and pulled over to change tunes to a performance tune. (which usually yields me 20.0 mpg in the highway)

Somehow (I have no idea how the fuk this happened but something screwed up) and while changing tunes, the cord must have come unPlugged.

No need to say that I now had to have the H2 towed back to Spring Hill and pull the ECM to either reflash it or replace it.

Funny, how I just said I've never had a problem ...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
You're going to sell your H2, Mark? After all you went through with the conversion! Are you going to be Hummerless once more?

Looks like it might haPpen again. Just can't tow a fifth wheel with the H2... Unless I can come up with the right bumper pull trailer.

I hate it because I love my H2 but I can't have two trucks (even though I don't owe anything on the hummer, I need the money from it to buy something else.

Mark
I'm driving my mother's car back to charlotte, guess I'll be driving back to Fl next weekend.

Last edited by OrangeCrush : 07-24-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Elcova Newbie

SimonH2 is on a distinguished road

If you want to be sure of what you get from Mike Mash, you would have to stick in his garage and look over his shoulder. He did my H2 in 2011. When I came back home, 26 hours drive from there, I had a series of problems come up. So I contacted Mike to help fix them remotely and he never tried to help. I ended up paying over $1000 more locally to get the screw up fixed. It sure is a great conversion and I would do it again but find someone trustworthy.