H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road
Default How to mount bolt on brush guard?

I know it sounds self explanatory (sp?) but I just want to be sure that I do it correctly before I mount my brush guard. Supposed to arrive tomorrow according to tracking. I thought I would install my own before I ordered one for the wifes and tried to install hers.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to mount bolt on brush guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa1411
I know it sounds self explanatory (sp?) but I just want to be sure that I do it correctly before I mount my brush guard. Supposed to arrive tomorrow according to tracking. I thought I would install my own before I ordered one for the wifes and tried to install hers.

With the 07 remove hooks/backing plate and install guard,early model 06's there is a bolt that holds the hook plate on the back some had to remove bumper or snap,twist,turn to get that stupid bolt out.
Yours should be easy to do
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
With the 07 remove hooks/backing plate and install guard,early model 06's there is a bolt that holds the hook plate on the back some had to remove bumper or snap,twist,turn to get that stupid bolt out.
Yours should be easy to do

I was curious, are the nuts welded permanently to the frame? So all I have to worry about is taking the bolts out right?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I was curious, are the nuts welded permanently to the frame? So all I have to worry about is taking the bolts out right?

Right ,just take the bolts out,nuts will stay in place.You might need a breaker bar or a impact wrench to avoid dropping your other set of nuts
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Right ,just take the bolts out,nuts will stay in place.You might need a breaker bar or a impact wrench to avoid dropping your other set of nuts

LOL! wife wouldnt be to happy! LOL
Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Got the brush guard mounted. Looks SWEET! but am having trouble, how do you remove the wheel base cover protector? Instructions say to remove factory clips securing the plastic cover, but cant figure out how to do this?
and installing the upper support brackets is making me nuts! I cant remove the factory bolt behind the front grill. I cant seem to find the correct socket to fit it! Can someone help me?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

I'm sitting here scratching my head.."wheel base cover protector"..???

You talking about those little plastic dillies holding the plastice part of the wheel well in..?? I'm guessing you got that Manik HD guard too huh..?? Those clips are two part.. Pull the top part out and the inside part will slide right out.. They are some boogers.. Best tool I found was two small flat head screwdrivers to wedge between the two halves and pry the center part out... I spent three times longer mounting those side support bars than I did getting the rest of the thing mounted..

On the 2 bolts in the grill.. Get out the metrics.. I think it was a 10mm and a 2ft extension..
Old 03-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Thank you Rob. It was 10mm for the front supports. was funny, had the 10mm socket in a cheap set my wife found on clearance from Harbor Frieight Tools. (love that place).
Side supports were a pain! But its done. Will post pic when I figure out how to resize the pic.
thanks again!

Ps. The dealer will be installing wifes guard!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you Rob. It was 10mm for the front supports. was funny, had the 10mm socket in a cheap set my wife found on clearance from Harbor Frieight Tools. (love that place).
Side supports were a pain! But its done. Will post pic when I figure out how to resize the pic.
thanks again!

Ps. The dealer will be installing wifes guard!
Glad ya got it all together...

Yeah Harbor is a great place to rummage through for stuff.. Was in there this past weeeknd to get a heavy chain to toss in with the recovery gear.. Ended up coming out with the chain, an axe, shovel and a wash brush (all for under $40)..

I'm standing in line waiting to check out and there's a guy there with a buggy load of stuff looking nervous and says something about his wife is gonna be pissed because he's been to the tool store again.. I held up the chain, axe and shovel and told him if he was buying the right tools she'd be afraid to say a word...