H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I attended a Hummer Happening this weekend. I drove my H2 in places I would have never thought it would go. Mud bogs, rocks, hills ditches you name it and I drove through it. At a couple locations the front wheel would come off the ground. That is a funny feeling indeed. One hill you had a to drive through a mud bog, cross a log, turn hard left and climb an extremly steep hill that was full of rocks and ruts and it had barely enough troom on the sides. What a thrill that was. The resort where the dealer had the event, rents out H2's and H1's for $275.00 for two hours. Their H2's are beat up. Lots of rock strikes and bent bumpers. The kids that run the rentals say the H2's are very good off road and usually have problems with ground clearance issues (stumps, rocks) and the H1's will go just about anywhere. They brought an H1 out with our group just in case someone got really stuck. All in all I am very impressed with the performance with the H2.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I attended a Hummer Happening this weekend. I drove my H2 in places I would have never thought it would go. Mud bogs, rocks, hills ditches you name it and I drove through it. At a couple locations the front wheel would come off the ground. That is a funny feeling indeed. One hill you had a to drive through a mud bog, cross a log, turn hard left and climb an extremly steep hill that was full of rocks and ruts and it had barely enough troom on the sides. What a thrill that was. The resort where the dealer had the event, rents out H2's and H1's for $275.00 for two hours. Their H2's are beat up. Lots of rock strikes and bent bumpers. The kids that run the rentals say the H2's are very good off road and usually have problems with ground clearance issues (stumps, rocks) and the H1's will go just about anywhere. They brought an H1 out with our group just in case someone got really stuck. All in all I am very impressed with the performance with the H2.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-19-2003, 02:15 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

Although I do't own one I go along with Steve R and sometimes drive his and I must say I am amazed that such a large vehicle can do so much.
I my self am looking forward the H3 to come out
that is more my size Replaceing my old Cherokee. Anyone that dosen't take there H2 offroad, they don't know what there missing!

I want an H3!
XM satellite radio,killing AM and FM one sub at a time!
Old 08-20-2003, 05:13 AM

marinron is off the scale

You probably learned this at the Hummer Happening, but just in case...
You can get about three more inches of clearance on the H2 by removing the step tubes. They come off easily by just removing the bolts. You can put them back on again when you get home.