H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

98 SNAKE EATER is off the scale

Just curious if anyone can confirm THIS story

Rick

Old 08-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

Just curious if anyone can confirm THIS story

Rick

Old 08-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

cognitive is off the scale

I think it's for real but as is usually the case, the story is told to be sensational. This is my take:

Woman takes H2 and some family for a ride around campus. She sees the dirt and decides to have some fun b/c it's late at night and no one is around. She doesn't realize that a 1 ft dirt wall at 45mph is not good for well... anything but figures she needs speed to get over it. She essentially wrecks on the 1 ft wall, loses control and hits the cement wall at an angle. At that point she was just trying to stop and certainly was NOT going 45 when she hit the cement. I bet when campus security and police were first on the scene, she was terrified and when asked why she did it she said it was a dumb idea and that she was sorry. But later... when the reporters came up or other officers, she jokingly said she wanted to jump the statue - a nervous statement she immediately took back. Then the reporter took the quote out of context or a policeman related the quote out of context to the press and it ended up on the forum.

Again, that's my take. Quotes in the press are for one purpose: to grab your attention. She could have said 50 other things about how it was stupid of her to endanger the lives of her family but they'll pick out the one quote that was said in jest and makes her look like a bimbo.

Anyway, I was upset reading the posts from the other thread about how terrible the H2 is. It was like hearing from someone who tells you "hey, why didn't you get a real hummer!" Where's the love?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:44 PM

3D Guy is off the scale

Hay that Hummer came from the same dealership that I just bought mine from LOL!!!
I will forward this to them and see what they think

.................................................. ........
That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong......... NOT!!

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod

3D Guy A.K.A. Brian Mundy

03, H2 Yellow, Lux, Sunroof, Air Suspension, 3rd Row. Brush Gaurd and 30gb iPod
Old 08-30-2003, 07:56 PM

argonaut is off the scale

what *******s. I hate people who are jealous of us. They are so rude. Oh yeah, that girl is stuoid, no matter what you say, she is just stupid and doesn't deserve to drive an H2.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 08-31-2003, 06:52 PM

ticket2ride is off the scale

It was stolen and trashed.

Clue: there's not even a temporary plate in the window. It was stolen off a new car dealer lot.

The story is complete bull****.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe Ticket2ride on this one. The story sounds fabricated for excitement. No one is that stupid.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:33 AM

dostacos is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ticket2ride:
It was stolen and trashed.

Clue: there's not even a temporary plate in the window. It was stolen off a new car dealer lot.

The story is complete bull****.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually there does seem to be a temp reg, In California they only put a small copy on the front right hand windshield. If you look at picture #5&6 on the other thread you can see it.

does not mean it was not stolen, although the guy posting is claiming first hand knowledge of the aftermath including having pictures of the kids.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:34 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
I believe Ticket2ride on this one. The story sounds fabricated for excitement. No one is that stupid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes they are, some people are here only as a warning to others
Old 09-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

There is no license plate. Just some sort of advertisement. I think it's funny how those people call the H2's a piece of crap because of the damage it incurred after hitting that ridge at 40 MPH. It really makes them look as stupid as the people that wrecked the Hummer in the first place. I'm sure not one of them could afford an H2 in the first place.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 09-02-2003, 11:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
There is no license plate. Just some sort of advertisement. I think it's funny how those people call the H2's a piece of crap because of the damage it incurred after hitting that ridge at 40 MPH. It really makes them look as stupid as the people that wrecked the Hummer in the first place. I'm sure not one of them could afford an H2 in the first place.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is a brand spanky new H2 in California we only have a copy of the registration taped on the front right inside windshield.

If you look at the butt end picture, it looks like the foot tall dirt wall might have taken out the front suspension and [at least to me,]got AIR and when she landed snap went the rear axle. Notice no tire tracks when she "cleared" the birm.

Would ANYTHING have survived? Sure, A Bradley fighting vehicle or an Abrams M1 main battle tank :-)

The really scary thought is if she actually thought she COULD do that without damage.

I think I will try to call the school tomorrow, or the dealer and see what they have to say
Old 09-03-2003, 01:20 AM

[quote]Originally posted by 98 SNAKE EATER:
Just curious if anyone can confirm http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=99961 story

Rick

NEWS FLASH!
I had called the La Sierra University Police and told the dispatcher that I wanted to talk to a supervisor regarding this issue, since its close to home anyway. The Supervisor called me today and told me that the story is completely false!

First off, I must say I was right on about this one.

Second, the lady was driving home around 3:30 or 4 and ran a red light near the shool at 40-50 mph in a 15pmh zone. She lost control of her vehicle flew over the 1-1/2 foot cut in the dirt and broke the front and rear axles. She was able to stop the vehicle once it was on the hard surface. END of STORY.

As for kids and mother, never happened.

this was on another board

of course she should still be horsewhipped for doing 50 in a 15 mph zone
Old 09-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Thanx for clarifying

I knew it was too stupid to be true..