H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3 diesel, revisited

I think GM should drop a diesel in both the H3 and the H2. Having driven the H1 for a while, I have to say I don't mind the smell, and I like the ability to convert the truck over to SVO and get my fuel for free. I have a friend who is building a biodiesel system, and we've got the oil lined up (the places have to pay to dispose of it right now). He drives a 2003 Jetta TDI, and he's hoping to burn the bio in the winter for heating. But diesel is now $2.79 here in some places and gas is up at $3.09, so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't choose the diesel, and it gets better MPG.

I think if it came out tomorrow, it would break records. Particularly in the pickup, and if it wasn't priced sky-high. I think people are going to move to different areas of the market, but the powertrains they're looking for just aren't there. What else can you buy that's got a diesel and is going to follow the H3? Not the Liberty!
Old 05-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

why are you guys implying that matt19 didn't buy his own H3, cauze hes 20? guess what, im 19 and i go to school and work my a$$ off. I bought the H3 with my own money (though i did get a ford as a present from my mom and dad ). I dont earn a hundred grand as someone mentioned above, but i earn what most average 40 year old earn per year. I pay my own taxes and i bet most of you at my age didnt even know/care what taxes were. Now i dont know this guy matt, but it just pissed me off that you assume his situation. I beleive dei is also pretty young and from what i've read untill now it sounds like he is making most of his money. Dont know dei but this is from just reading his posts and taking his posts literaly, well at least the serious ones, and i could be wrong.

Now if you guys actually know this for a fact about this guy, then i apologize for my post.

about the topic of the thread, as i said earlier GM is not stupid, it is a company, and companies exist to make profit, not make people happy, thats just a side effect sometimes. It wasts to sell H3s, and blingers (the bigger market for hummers) dont give a shiet if it has a deisel or a gas or a nuclear reactor under the hood. They just want it to blind people and sound like its got something big under the hood, even though it may not.
Personally i think the alpha is a good compromise between the blinger and the off-roaders, power with a flash. The limited bling can always be taken off so no big deal for the offroaders, and there can always be more added for the blingers. The engine is harder to change, so thats why they needed to put one out from the factory, and they did just that. Deisel would probably be good, and get some market share, but it will probably be insignificant.

By the way, from what I know, GM will do much better in the near future. It has some great things lined up in every area of the market, and the restructuting seems to be going well. It may be stumbling now but then its gona jump at once. Rock on GM. oh and also ford and chrisler. Gotta support american made.

revisting old topics is good, theres nothing wrong with it, this forum was kinda dying anyways, except for the off topic and woodshed sections. Controversy and arguing is always good!

Last edited by marin8703 : 05-27-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

gr8hntr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
listen son, after you grow up and pay taxes on over 100k a year you EARNED you won't fully understand but it's Kool and The Gang bling or not. I road mine becase i like it and it is my hobby. I could have kept a pick-up if I just wanted a ride. Gas engine is fine, Diesel is overrated.

i think thats what matt19 was sayin
u make 100k a year and drive a 35k truck so to you its not much
its like someone making 30k a year and beat the crap out of a 12k truck
so us guys who only make 30k a year and drive a 35k or 40k truck
we have to take gr8 care of it

PCMforless RULES
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3telcobilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
listen son, after you grow up and pay taxes on over 100k a year you EARNED you won't fully understand but it's Kool and The Gang bling or not. I road mine becase i like it and it is my hobby. I could have kept a pick-up if I just wanted a ride. Gas engine is fine, Diesel is overrated.

+1! I just traded my '06 Dodge Cummins on my H3 as I didn't need the diesel + all the restrictions.. Can't idle the new diesels, can't idle the Dodge 48RE tranny in Park, you will burn it up, have to buy aftermarket fuel pumps/filters, beef up the tranny ect$ ect$. I had problems with mine and I have to have something dependable. The H3 wasn't the most logical choice for my job, but I have set mine up real nicely to do my oilfield job.

+ it's a lot more fun to drive...