H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi all. I hope to have some good news here for everyone. I found a company that is about to release a 7" HID kit that will fit H2's. It's a Bi-Xenon system that uses one bulb and a selonoid activated shield for hi and low beams. I'm getting a set shipped overnight to try. Currently they requrire modification to the housing to fit. Around March they will be offering a retro kit that will include new housing so its plug and play for H2's. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Best part is that the kit should retail for about $500.00.

JN

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi all. I hope to have some good news here for everyone. I found a company that is about to release a 7" HID kit that will fit H2's. It's a Bi-Xenon system that uses one bulb and a selonoid activated shield for hi and low beams. I'm getting a set shipped overnight to try. Currently they requrire modification to the housing to fit. Around March they will be offering a retro kit that will include new housing so its plug and play for H2's. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Best part is that the kit should retail for about $500.00.

JN

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-04-2003, 06:48 PM

noc is off the scale

WoW! That is the good part. $500 bux is nice!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I just hope they are not related to MTC lighting in New Jersey.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 12-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Here is the kit from HIDTECH for only $379.99 if you want to retrofit it yourself. I think it would be some work to do if you don't know what your doing. You would need to build an enclosure for it.
$500.00 would be a great price if it includes everything!
HIDTECH HID KIT

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500

Old 12-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

No its a big name company. I'm keeping my lips tight right now until I see the product.

NJH2, are those the projectors they used in your application? Can you fit those in the stock enclosures?

These lights are complete lamps and all. You just need to trim the black plastic housing the lamps fit in I'm told.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yes, they are Hella Bixenon projectors. They fit but they needed to modifiy it and relocate my horns.

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500

Old 12-04-2003, 09:23 PM

H2Stealth is off the scale

I have a set of the original (hate to admit it) HIDS4LESS bi xenon projectors and the only problem we ever had was with the wiring harness. Since the H2 was not designed for the bi xenon proejctor, we had to try different harnesses from different vehicles and using different HID ballasts. The main concern with many people I have spoken with is the "spaghetti" that will be included with these lights. Spaghetti meaning extra wiring that cannot really be hidden from view (due to the headlights being part of the hood).

NJH2: Did you ever get a chance to shoot a pic of the wiring harness HIDTECH used on your vehicle?

03 Black with Nology Ignition products, K.I.T. carbon-fiber fender trim / hood scoop with handles / hood side tower caps / rear louvers / engine cover, 14 inch BulletProof Suspension powdercoated black installed by CTL MOTORSPORTS, Fox Racing Shhox, 44inch Truxus STS with 17x14 Weld Racing Wheels, Snyper brakes, Custom black bi-xenon projector headlights, Kodiak fold down steps, black grill, Pro-Fit custom black LVE fuel door, Benevento carbon-fiber dash kit, Husky Liners floor mats, MOMO shift knob / pedals, HITCHCAM rear camera, Royal Purple fluids, Cleargearz clear differential cover, Airaid intake / filter, Borla exhaust / headers, Optima Battery.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

H2 Stealth,

CAn you take a picture of the back of that headlight for me? I want to see how they mounted the projector. Thank you.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-15-2003, 05:41 AM

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=4486013582&m=589602650 5&r=8856058815#8856058815

03 Black with Nology Ignition products, K.I.T. carbon-fiber fender trim / hood scoop with handles / hood side tower caps / rear louvers / engine cover, 14 inch BulletProof Suspension powdercoated black installed by CTL MOTORSPORTS, Fox Racing Shox, 44inch Truxus STS with 17x14 Weld Racing Wheels, Snyper brakes, Custom black bi-xenon projector headlights, Kodiak fold down steps, black grill, Pro-Fit custom black LVE fuel door, Benevento carbon-fiber dash kit, Husky Liners floor mats, MOMO shift knob / pedals, HITCHCAM rear camera, Royal Purple fluids, Cleargearz clear differential cover, Airaid intake / filter, Borla exhaust / headers, Optima Battery.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

89vette-

Did you ever get the lights? If so, can you post some pics of them and let us know how they are working out for you.

Thanks.

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Old 12-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi. Yes I did get them and the performance is awesome. Its a nice sealed unit that hits in the H2 with very little trimming of the headlight bucket. However the look was not what I expected. Definately did not look right on an H2. I am looking for the look of the Hid for less system with the projector under the stock looking lens. I am working with the manufacturer on improving the design.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

89vette-

So no pics then? I'd at least like to see what they looked like.

Thanks.

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Old 12-22-2003, 12:49 AM

89vette:
Yes, pics please. If it's not the look you were expecting and does not have the projector under the stock looking lens, then what does it look like?

Also, the rear of the headlight has always been a BIG CONCERN as well as the HARNESS. What do these look like and how easy wa it to install the system (wiring)?

Did the $500 kit come with HIDS? I guess this is kind of a dumb question but the price seems very cheap considering the bi xenon projectors with hids normally cost around $300 to $400 themselves. Then add in the projector ring / enclosure, and the harness, and the assembly. Hell, just go to HIDTECH.com, go to "RETROS", and add up what they would charge you. The cheapest kit would run $729.

Just trying to help you (and that company) out to avoid any issues we already fixed when dealing with "that one company" in the past.

Hummerdogg:
I will have an answer to your last PM tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

If someone wants to host the pictures I will send them to you to post.

The kit will be complete and it is very easy to mount. It will include the housing, projector, bulbs and ballasts. There is only three wires to hook up. A ground, a low beam and a high beam. You just splice it to the exsisting wires that plug into your 9007 bulb now. If someone has a site to post the pictures, please send me your email at jwn@sgi.net.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-22-2003, 04:37 PM

I wish I had a site for you to post. I am really confused about the wiring. SPLICING? This is a scary term to use with such an expensive vehicle. Scary term to use with the headlight package as well. This may deter many people from buying this kit. I thought this was supposed to be "plug and play"? Or is your set just the prototype to "fine tune"?

Can you at least PM me some pics of the REAR and the WIRING HARNESS? Thanks.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

It's no big deal. This light is not specifically designed for an H2. It's is designed for many vehicles that use a 7" light. The light you have now used three wires. One ground, one low beam and one hi beam. You would have to cut off the stock headlight connector and splice three wires. I think when the final version is released, you will be able to just plug it into your stock socket.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 12-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Host them right here. When you reply, click the paperclip button, browse to the pic, and click OK.

You won't see the attachment, but its there & will show up when the post is added to the thread.

Try it!

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
Old 12-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor guy works around dangerous chemicals and whatnot all day, therefore the contact high has stopped him from seeing the paperclip...

Plus I think he is mad at me for not going to the happening as he has not returned my email! Wasn't my fault!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi guys. I see the paperclip now. Frank, I'm not mad at you and I don't work around chemicals . My e-mail is working fine now but over the last 4 weeks threre have been big problems. Please resend your e-mail.

Anyway back to the topic. Here are the pictures.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade