H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Should I enjoy my H2?

Yea rather wierd question, but I have an 03 with 50k miles and in fairly good condition..

It's obviously gained collectible status, even now.

Should I try to keep the miles to a minimum and use it rarely, or just go all out and enjoy the vehicle for what it is?

Preferably I could just buy another with 100k miles or so but that isn't financially possible
Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should I enjoy my H2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
Yea rather wierd question, but I have an 03 with 50k miles and in fairly good condition..

It's obviously gained collectible status, even now.

Should I try to keep the miles to a minimum and use it rarely, or just go all out and enjoy the vehicle for what it is?

Preferably I could just buy another with 100k miles or so but that isn't financially possible
I'd say go all out, WHEN and IF it ever gets to the end of it's life sell it off and get another low mile one or put in some money and have it fixed up
Old 02-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Hummer Novice

SuitedSpikes is on a distinguished road

No one else can answer the question for you.

You have to decide if you want to turn your H2 into an investment or keep it as a liability.

Are you a more financially driven or fun driven person?
Do you believe money is to be saved or enjoyed?
When you look at your H2 do you see money growing or good times to be had?

See it's two very different mind sets: you either need to see your H2 as an investment asset or an expendable toy with which to have fun. And ...

Only you, can prevent forest fires ... errr ... I mean decide with is right for you.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

My 06 has 34K on it. I drive a work truck every day for my business and only use my H2 in the evening or on the weekends. I never really considered keeping it as a collectable or show vehicle. But, this past spring I sold my Grand National that was sitting in the garage and found out that my H2 fits in there nicely. Since its been in the garage I now pamper it more. In fact I havnt driven it in the rain or in the snow this winter. I have always enjoyed having my Hummer be the go any where at any time vehicle and had no intentions of having a garage queen. I cleaned her up real nice this summer and by keeping it in the garage I have been babying it. With Hummer now defunct it has become more of a collectable. I have the LE version with Fusion Orange color as well. I guess I like keeping it clean and neat, like my recently sold show car. I dont plan on showing it but I guess i will give it a little more attention than a daily driver and try to keep it nice and for a long time. But I will drive it quite often when the weather is good. It does kinda suck, I used to love plowing through the snow in it, but now i just dont want to get it all sandy and salty with crap all over it.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Hummer Professional

I hear you intercooled..

I would love to have an H2 that's already been through it's collectible status with 150k+ miles on it and know I can play around in it and baby my current H2, knowing that in the end, as sad and as bad as it is, the H2's with high mileage will only become parts for the ones that do survive as reminents of the best automobile (along side the 1 and the 3) of the best automobile company, in the world.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Hummer Professional

I do wish someone would collect totalled Hummers in a singular spot, since there are so few hummers, more could be kept running, but then again one can dream of a HUMMER graveyard lmao but w/e

I'm not sure, My 2 is black, which when I think of a shining example of an 03 I think Sunset Orange Metallic, plus I have the 06 side mirrors on mine... which are obviously better but lower it's originality.

I really do want to use it and have fun with it, And in the end I probably will, but it hurts me to know I'm having this much fun, it's wierd, maybe I'm just wierd lol
Old 02-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

My H2 is a garage queen...I only drive it maybe once or twice a month now so I guess you can say that I treat it like a collector. I have a Range Rover for my daily driver. I've spent a lot of money to make my H2 unique so I plan on keeping it for a long time unless someone makes me an offer that I can't refuse.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

Z06RB is on a distinguished road

I put 19,000 miles in the first 15 months on my 09 H2. With the prospect of no more Hummers, I have now decided to drive it mainly weekends and to use my old Suburban as a daily driver. I would like to drive it more but at least this will help preserve it.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road

I bought my 07 Limited Edition Victory Red with 57k mi last November. I bought this mainly because I will be commuting from Illinois to Michigan for 5 months duration. This way, I am safe in winter weather and I know, I will make it to the place I need no matter what.

It really is up to the owner of H2 why they purchased and what they want to do. Some bought to preserve, some bought for off roading, and people like me, I bought to thoroughly enjoy the capable vehicle to get me from point A to point B, safely but in style.

Some people I know commented "Geees, are you even concern about the gas?" I have replied "Is gas more important than your life through blizzards?"

I love my truck. It is unique, safe, and blast to drive. I am going to drive, maintain, replace parts, and enjoy it. This is my two cents.