H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Great pics guys.

Questions/ cocerns.

1st I just want to say it looks great!

1) What parts come with the kit?

2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ???

3) What do you use for shocks?

4) How does it ride vs stock?

5) Did those 37's hit the fenderwells or airdam in the front?

6) How did Chirs fit the 35's on his truck without lifting it? How much do they stuff into the fender wells? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tim this guy is the manager of product development, Mark Turner mturner@heckethorn.com he will be glad to answer any technical questions any of you guys have.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought. But it appears to be fine. Tell us how you fudged that 1/2" !!!!

Oh, and I'm sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I looked for about 3 weeks straight before I purchased my 35s and I belive that Procomp and Mickey Thompson are the only 2 companies that carry a 35" tire(at that time) in 16s that you can buy that will fit the stock width I had to go with a 315/75/16. That way I didn't have to take any chances with the tire rim being to narrow. I have even had them all the way down to 15lbs for trail riding and no problems at all with the trying to seperate from the rim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Toyo makes the same size, would these work???

Toyo Linky
Old 12-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

dudes the more I look at the picks the more I dig it . they did a great job , Im thinking 35's on these in a 16x8
Attached Images

* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 12-14-2005, 06:02 AM

gchurchill is off the scale

that has got to be one of the best lift jobs on a H3 that I have seen yet. The other ones, didnt look like they exactally fitted the vehicle. This one looks like it is really made for the vehicle! I am definetely going to look into something like that in the future!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:20 PM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) my concern is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire. i though you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to run a 12.50 wide tire. ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought. But it appears to be fine. Tell us how you fudged that 1/2" !!!!

Oh, and I'm sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I looked for about 3 weeks straight before I purchased my 35s and I belive that Procomp and Mickey Thompson are the only 2 companies that carry a 35" tire(at that time) in 16s that you can buy that will fit the stock width I had to go with a 315/75/16. That way I didn't have to take any chances with the tire rim being to narrow. I have even had them all the way down to 15lbs for trail riding and no problems at all with the trying to seperate from the rim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Toyo makes the same size, would these work???

Toyo Linky </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those tires are awesome, very little road noise compared to the competition, i have friend who runs those tires, only complaint i ahve about them is they do not clear out that well in the mud, but then again that is just my 2 cents.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about a shot of it next to a H2
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
how about a shot of it next to a H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet the roofline sits higher.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Killer is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently spoke with Davy Lee of Rough Country suspensions and for those of you who are interested the lift should be available to the general public sometime after the first of the year. He mentioned that the owner of this rig noticed very little loss of performance with the 37's but I can't see how that would hold true. I personally love this lift and think it has been thought out much longer than that of the Rancho. I like the fact that it allows the use of the factory rims and skid palte and requires no cutting. I also see that the articulation of the suspension is still tremendous and I would love to see how the Rancho faired in regards to this lift off road or on the Hummer course. I am going to get one as soon as it becomes available and once I am complete I will post pics for everyone to see. Until then I will enjoy my Hummer in stock form and will more than likely install 35's sometime within the next week or so.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

jacob is off the scale

Here's an email from Davy regarding some questions timgco asked...I'm very interested as well and his questions mirrored my own:
1.Non torsion bar drop kit. Keeps bars up in stock location. Really cool. Knuckles, new cv shafts, cross member drop front and rear. lower skid plate, sway bar links front and rear, shackles for the rear/leafs, Chrome monotube 5100 shocks
2.The factory rim will work with a P metric tires. It works just fine as seen.
3. We use our 5100 series Chrome Shocks. Monotube nitro 9000 model.
4. Rides exactly just like stock. Torsion bars have the same pre load torque as factory. No cranking on bars. Work in same factory range of motion.
5. 37's do not rub.
6. Selling price is 1999.95.
7. Winch plate is ours. It will be about 249.00 dollars. If you buy a T-max winch at that time, we will do you a deal on the plate.
8. We are about 100 days out on the kit before we can sell. Testing stage is done and we will slowly be getting parts in over the next 60-90 days.

Thanks
Davy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:27 PM
To: Davy Lee
Subject: Hummer H3 Lift... [text][html]

I recently saw a post on an H3 forum with pictures of the new Rough Country 5 inch suspension lift on a Yellow H3. That lift looks GREAT! I couldn't find any information on your web site about it. I'm extremely interested in this product...along with every other H3 owner who saw the post on the forum! I have a few questions about the kit and was wondering if you could help me out. Attached is one of the pics from the post on the forum I read. FYI...here's the link: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9811023941

1) What parts come with the kit?
2) Is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire sufficient? I thought you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to fit a 12.50 wide tire???
3) What do you use for shocks?
4) How does it ride vs. stock?
5) Did those 37's hit the fender or airdam in the front? Any rubbing issues at all? What is the actual tire size and brand?
6) How much will this kit be selling for?
7) Where did you find a winch mount for that H3? (I've been looking everywhere for one)

Any information you have regarding this kit would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jacob Davis
Rapid City, SD
Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

jacob is off the scale

That is one sweet-ass lift kit...it's about time we saw a truly functional rig! I personally like it much better with the stock rims...leave the "Bling" for the mall rats. Looks way superior to Rancho's kit. Does anyone have the actual tire size that's on there? I bet some 315/75/16's (35's) would be enough. What do you guys think?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacob:
That is one sweet-ass lift kit...it's about time we saw a truly functional rig! I personally like it much better with the stock rims...leave the "Bling" for the mall rats. Looks way superior to Rancho's kit. Does anyone have the actual tire size that's on there? I bet some 315/75/16's (35's) would be enough. What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is exactly what I have on mine right now and I am going to leave them on when I lift it. I am the guy with the stock height H3 w/ 35s in those pics.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-15-2005, 01:33 AM

tmiller is off the scale

Anyone know how long it takes to install and how difficult it is to do?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Hey you guys, it seems like you like this kit as much as I do... do you think we could get a group discount for the forum members?

Does anyone know how good or bad those shocks are? I'd like to get the lift kit but I'd rather have RANCHO or FOX shocks.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Personally I would love to see an H3 with the Rough Country lift and 35's...I'm still skeptical about the 37's.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Killer:
Personally I would love to see an H3 with the Rough Country lift and 35's...I'm still skeptical about the 37's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as wheelwell/ tire clearance it will look close to this pic. But the tires won't stick out like mine do. That's really my only complaint about the Rancho kit. I think the 35's will look great.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks...I really like the look of your rig, it's bad ass!. I do have one question for you. What is the exact offset / backspacing of the rims you installed on you H3?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Killer:
Thanks...I really like the look of your rig, it's bad ass!. I do have one question for you. What is the exact offset / backspacing of the rims you installed on you H3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4.5" of backspace and it's not enough. Ranch said 4.5" backspace for 16, 17, or 18 rims, but plan on tearing up the inside of the sidewall of your tires when aired down. I also have 1/4" wheel spacers in the front. I am going to try 4" backspaced rims and see if that will clear. I called Rancho tech, talke d to Joe, and his comment was, this kit was designed with the factory specs in mind for wheel offest, and was not designed for airinig down that tire. He said to go with a 20" rim and I would be fine. WTF? So, I'm onto trying the different rims and if that doesn't work, the kit's going back to Rancho with a nice letter.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Damn...that sucks and I hate to hear that but at the same time I appreciate the information. Perhaps the Rough Country lift would be a better option??? I'm gonna level the front end a little (not more than 1.5") and put 35's on this weekend. http://www.truxxx.com has some good pics of an H3 leveled off with 35's. I like the look and it certainly would allow you to air down if and when necessary.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacob:
That is one sweet-ass lift kit...it's about time we saw a truly functional rig! I personally like it much better with the stock rims...leave the "Bling" for the mall rats. Looks way superior to Rancho's kit. Does anyone have the actual tire size that's on there? I bet some 315/75/16's (35's) would be enough. What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is exactly what I have on mine right now and I am going to leave them on when I lift it. I am the guy with the stock height H3 w/ 35s in those pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent you a PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeLeon:
Hey you guys, it seems like you like this kit as much as I do... do you think we could get a group discount for the forum members?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
After seeing these pictures, I would be up for being part of the group buy on the kit.