H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Hummer Novice

2luke2 is on a distinguished road
Default 2007 H3 Intake Review: Just starting.

First off I want to make perfectly clear I’m no expert nor do I claim to be. My posts here are all personal experiences and feelings lol. Now that that’s out of the way…

I know from personal experience, speaking with people in person, and on the boards that a lot of the new 07 H3 owners have been looking for a replacement CAI system. Currently the only intake systems that I have seen available have been the TrueFlow and Airaid system. I ruled out the Airaid system right from the start because they do nothing for removing 75% of the air restriction between the intake and the stock air box. So I started to peruse the TrueFlow system. I did some research and reading on the boards and some have mixed feelings because of the foam air filter along with the quality of the product maybe because the name isn’t as well known as K&N, but who knows for sure. So since I’m one of the 07 owners wanting a better solution for a better performing air intake system than the stock setup, I took it upon myself to look up a reputable dealer of TrueFlow system and ordered the system today. I’m going to keep this post updated with pictures and my experiences with the system in hopes to help support a good product if it truly is a good quality product or not.

I know that K&N is supposed to be doing R&D on their 07 version right now. My personal thoughts: Right off the bat I had worries about the K&N setup due to the fact that the filter is out in the open air even though they provide a piece of metal to deflect water and debris along with engine heat, but their setup is nowhere near water proof. If you’ve ever seen a picture of the underside of my hood you would know why I would be concerned. I do a lot of heavy offloading in very wet areas with lots of mud and some more mud. I like to test the water fording of the H3 over and over. I feel as though this is a huge chance for me to damage my truck without any protection for the air intake if I were using the K&N system. Then there is also the intake whine that you hear under hard acceleration. Now there are a lot of mixed feelings from what I can tell about it, personally I liked the whine a bit and it was growing on me. I would have liked it better if it wasn’t as loud under max acceleration, but none the less I was for the intake noise. Since the TrueFlow is using the stock box I expect for that whine to be very minimal if any at all. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to bash K&N at all, it’s just all I have to compare to, and again these are all my opinions.
At any rate I will be updating this post when the product arrives along with pictures. I have also inquired with the dealer about a group buy for this product should it be a good quality product. I’m dealing with a great guy so far by the name of Kirk. The website I found to have the best prices on this intake is:

http://www.grimmperformance.com/shop...mmer-3.5l.html

They have them listed for $201.99 with free shipping from what I understand. I will let you guys/gals know if there is enough interest for a group buy how much of a discount we can expect.

Thanks for your interest.
Luke

Last edited by 2luke2 : 04-17-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Hummer Novice

Default Re: 2007 H3 Intake Review: Just starting.

To give an update they are suppose to be giving me dyno results soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Steve - SanJose

Interest is waning (if there was any earlier).............
Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Hummer Novice

Didn't seem like it here.. I guess more interest on other boards brought me to post here as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Banned

KS Trekker is on a distinguished road

I am anxiously awaiting results as well. I am a 2007 H3 owner and I have been looking for a good CAI solution as well as an exhaust solution. My goal is to increase HP and torque while lowering fuel consumption as well. Keep me posted.