H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-22-2006, 04:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road
Default Stupid drivers, what she didn't know?

I gotta ask, perhaps being a new Hummer owner has shadowed what I see.

Do you get people in little cars that cut you off? I almost plowed this driver today, and all she did was laugh. Like I was worried about hurting my Hummer.
She bolted right in front of me, and had no cares in the world.

I plowed on the brakes, and was mad as hell thinking what a dumb ass. When I looked up at her rear view mirror she was laughing.

I swear I saw her giggle.

Why do people pass me so much only to find out I am going the speed limit or there is no more room?

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 07-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupid drivers, what she didn't know?

Three days ago I was turning left at a green light and as I was half way thru it I saw a teen girl, phone shoved in her, blow the red light narrowly missing me. A older man was stopped at the light and I saw him shaking his head. Just as luck had it she was going to the supermarket that I was. As I walked in I saw her and ask if she realized she almost hit me, she said If I did it would have been you fault cause I had a green light. The old man who saw everything came in and said young lady if you hit that gentleman I would pull the phone out of your ear and shove it up your as$. The young lady by now was feeling uncomfy and just wanting to get away and admited she did not even remember driving thru the light and said she never noticed MY BIG BLUE HUMMER. I was feeling bad cause the old man was yapping at her the whole way thru the store about how maybe she was too young to drive, how she definately should not have been driving while talking on the phone. After I checked out I passed her outside crying talking to her mom on the phone about how she almost hit a truck and never saw it cause she was on her phone. Two days later I saw her and her mom at the supermarket. I saw her point me out to her mom and they approached me. Her mom asked if her daughter almost did hit me. As I assured her the story was true she told me her daughter is no longer permitted to use her phone in the car and has to lock it in the trunk while driving. She further went to thank me for bringing it up to her daughter and her and making her daughter realize how dangerous it is to drive and talk. Maybe a small vistory for safe driving.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 07-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Steve - SanJose

I see stupid driving when driving any/all vehicles, not just the H3. But often the sloppy drivers are talking on a cell phone.

S.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Lucifer is off the scale

Cell phone jammers, tons of fun. They work good for that ******* that is driving 10 under the speed limit in the left lane while talking on the cell phone. http://www.infostream.biz/cellphonejammer.html
Old 07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Hummer Novice

Dirtdog74H1 is on a distinguished road

People are a-holes Metal!! deal with that stuff everyday being a Highway Officer here in PA.
had one yesterday, road rage, so a-hole rips around a full size Ram on a no passing street then jams on brakes forcing the truck to rear end it.
moral of the story is there are people like this everywhere. F em, get there tag a call it in. or message me with it, i'll run it and call and give em ****...
Old 07-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

I got the cell phone knuckle head issue understood.

In Europe, at least in England I know for a fact has a no cell phone driving law. Third offense and the Bobbys will lock you up over night.

How about other truck drivers? They pull out from behind you, pass you up, even if I am in the left lane doing the speed limit? Like they are trying to prove something. " Hey man, you beat me to the red light, dork "

Dirtdog74H1- Naw it's not worth it. Now I mention that I am moving to Butler PA Wednesday. I am moving my residents and business back home.

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 07-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the follow them and let them know how stupid they are method!!
Old 07-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Dirt dog, there is no road with more idiots on it that the PA TURNPIKE. Bad drivers, cell phones, speeders who are reckless. I drive it at least twice a month from PGH to Harrisburg and it can be a white knuckle ride esp late at night.

Hummer-metal , welcome home, Butler is not more than 25 miles from my home. Not much business in Butler

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

Old 07-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Elcova Rookie

H2the3 is on a distinguished road

...And few other reasons why people act/drive the way they do;

1) late for work, again...
2) late going home to make dinner...
3) In their little world other people drive too slow or don't know how to drive...
5) My car is faster than yours "Terret" Syndrome...
6) Soccer mom in a "Refrigerator on wheels" Van, late taking jr to practice...
7) Getting BJ and other drivers are watching.

...And the list goes on...I even saw a guy changing his clothes while driving in the highway WTF! Some people just don't give a hoot about others when they drive. I Just keep cool, drive defensive and try to stay away from "Hot heads" on the road because you never know what they're going to do.

I think the real reason they cut you off is because they're pissed off they don't have a Hummer
Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
Cell phone jammers, tons of fun. They work good for that ******* that is driving 10 under the speed limit in the left lane while talking on the cell phone. http://www.infostream.biz/cellphonejammer.html
those really work? anyone have one?

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 07-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

Our illustrious legislature is working on banning driving one handed with a cell phone stuck in their a$$. Get this! In the year 2008!

Rather than do it now, I think they know by that time people will be in such a habit that they can collect more revenue by giving tickets.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 07-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually bump draft them going into the corners and my problems disappear into a guard rail.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 07-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Northwest of Los Angeles, just outside all the traffic
Michael1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedieter
Our illustrious legislature is working on banning driving one handed with a cell phone stuck in their a$$. Get this! In the year 2008!

Rather than do it now, I think they know by that time people will be in such a habit that they can collect more revenue by giving tickets.

Best regards, Happy Jack

One handed cell phone driving is not the problem. Several studies have shown the problem is people are too involved in and distracted with their telephone conversation to drive well. There was no difference in accident avoidance between hands free and non-hand free cell phone users. Basically, all it means is whether you would like to be rear ended by a person with one or two hands on the wheel.

I was almost rear ended last week with some dumb*ss on his hands free cell phone. I saw the ear piece, changed lanes, and opened my window to signal him by. He got the message, as his driving improved dramatically after that.

Of course, we have bunch of stupid legislators in California who complain about the lack of science instruction in the schools, but heaven forbid that these idiots would ever look at a scientific study before making legislative decisions.

You want to fix the problem? Ban cell phone use.

Michael
Old 07-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

You can make a study show anything you want it to. I know from experience that one can't control a car with one hand as well as with two.

One time I had to wait for a woman in a market parking lot while she used one hand to turn the wheel enough to park. Heaven forbid that she put that damn thing down and shut her mouth long enough to park.

The potential distraction from what comes over the phone is another worrisome issue.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

ShortBus is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
Three days ago I was turning left at a green light and as I was half way thru it I saw a teen girl, phone shoved in her, blow the red light narrowly missing me. A older man was stopped at the light and I saw him shaking his head. Just as luck had it she was going to the supermarket that I was. As I walked in I saw her and ask if she realized she almost hit me, she said If I did it would have been you fault cause I had a green light. The old man who saw everything came in and said young lady if you hit that gentleman I would pull the phone out of your ear and shove it up your as$. The young lady by now was feeling uncomfy and just wanting to get away and admited she did not even remember driving thru the light and said she never noticed MY BIG BLUE HUMMER. I was feeling bad cause the old man was yapping at her the whole way thru the store about how maybe she was too young to drive, how she definately should not have been driving while talking on the phone. After I checked out I passed her outside crying talking to her mom on the phone about how she almost hit a truck and never saw it cause she was on her phone. Two days later I saw her and her mom at the supermarket. I saw her point me out to her mom and they approached me. Her mom asked if her daughter almost did hit me. As I assured her the story was true she told me her daughter is no longer permitted to use her phone in the car and has to lock it in the trunk while driving. She further went to thank me for bringing it up to her daughter and her and making her daughter realize how dangerous it is to drive and talk. Maybe a small vistory for safe driving.
This is how all parents should react.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Hummer Professional

How about people eating four course meals while driving. I know we could never get rid of drive thrus but they are another big pain in the ass

Other Cars.....

Old 07-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You can make a study show anything you want it to.

Very true and it's funny that those that through out studies to back up their argument never believe the studies from the other side

Quote:
I know from experience that one can't control a car with one hand as well as with two.

I don't completely agree with this. For you and your experience maybe so, but that does not mean it is true for everyone at every instance. Really depends on the circumstances. I found years ago that when driving on a closed road coarse that my lap times were faster with one hand versus two and there was no difference in my ability to control the vehicle. That does not mean that it is always the case, but definitely so at that time for me.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

You are talking about a different situation where you have total concentration on the road. That is not the same as the lovelies cruising around Mission Viejo in their giant SUVs with one hand on the cell phone and (hopefully) one hand on the wheel.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studyboy
One handed cell phone driving is not the problem. Several studies have shown the problem is people are too involved in and distracted with their telephone conversation to drive well.

Quote the study, who did it, when, what were the conditions, post a link. Otherwise you are just a STUPID FUKING DUMBA$$. Stop quoting studies! Are these studies from your college classes? Seems like you have a study for everything.

Quote:
I was almost rear ended last week with some dumb*ss on his hands free cell phone. I saw the ear piece, changed lanes, and opened my window to signal him by. He got the message, as his driving improved dramatically after that.

How big was the earpiece? Damn, must have been huge to earpiece to see from your rearview mirror. When I'm driving, I have my earpiece on all the time, even when I'm not on the phone, who says he was actually on the phone? Maybe he was distracted by following the dumbist piece of **** hummer driver on the planet.

Quote:
Of course, we have bunch of stupid legislators in California who complain about the lack of science instruction in the schools, but heaven forbid that these idiots would ever look at a scientific study before making legislative decisions.

You want to fix the problem? Ban cell phone use.

Might as well ban eating in the car, having small kids in the back seat, talking to friends in the car, drinking w/<.08% acohol, changing radio stations, and anything else that involves taking your hands off the wheel or distracts the driver.

Since your studies are a crock of ****, you might as well try to use some decent logic.