H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupid drivers, what she didn't know?

Ummm In Pennsylvania they are preparing to pass a law limiting the number of passangers in a driver's younger than 18 year old car. I bet the PA trooper on here could shed more light but it is (elvdave you have me tense to say this) shown in studies that the more teens in the car the higher the crash rates. We lost two just this week as 6 girls in a Saturn Vue hit a tree so hard the driver and the girl seated in the left rear seat were killed as the left side of the car was ripped off and the girl sitting in the cargo area (YES CARGO AREA) was critically injured.

I am all for IQ test and if you score less than a set score you have to post a sign on you car to warn others you are stupid. Drive thru resturaunts and cell phones will also be banned in these cars. Any one want to start the petition?

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Stupid drivers, what she didn't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evldave
Might as well ban eating in the car, having small kids in the back seat, talking to friends in the car, drinking w/<.08% acohol, changing radio stations, and anything else that involves taking your hands off the wheel or distracts the driver.

Dave, are you maybe in the cell phone business? The problem is undeniable and, because of the huge numbers of phone-addicted drivers, a hundred times worse than drunks, munchers and misbehaving kids. I see phone-caused bad driving virtually every commute. Its getting worse and worse.

It used to be that the guy doing 40 in the fast lane or weaving was a geezer or a drunk. Now, 99% chance its some self-absorbed jerk getting his next sales or work call over the cell phone.

Whats amazing is the denial and the political buy-offs that prevent taking any real steps to curb the problem.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWPC
Dave, are you maybe in the cell phone business? The problem is undeniable and, because of the huge numbers of phone-addicted drivers, a hundred times worse than drunks, munchers and misbehaving kids. I see phone-caused bad driving virtually every commute. Its getting worse and worse.

It used to be that the guy doing 40 in the fast lane or weaving was a geezer or a drunk. Now, 99% chance its some self-absorbed jerk getting his next sales or work call over the cell phone.

Whats amazing is the denial and the political buy-offs that prevent taking any real steps to curb the problem.

I agree that there are more dumbazzes out there driving and talking. But at what point do you draw the line? I'm guessing a soccer mom, with two yelling kids in the back seat, trying to feed them McDonalds is more of a safety risk on the road than me talking on my phone. So why outlaw my right to talk on the phone and non soccer mom's?

I'd be happy to make talking on a cell phone like drinking and driving - around here, no matter how little beer you've had, if you are involved in an accident and have been drinking, you are considered at-fault (have a buddy who got in lots of trouble after having a single beer and getting t-boned at a 4-way). Seems like we are legislating behavior instead of just penalizing the offenders.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Scouts out; Hummer-metal , welcome home, Butler is not more than 25 miles from my home. Not much business in Butler

I will be bringing at least four jobs with me when I move my business there. Of coarse I hope to add two positions a year while my business continues to grow.

Man... You have no idea how good it feels to be getting out of this concrete jungle and back into the sticks where I come from. I had wanted to come back home but like you said "jobs". But I knew a few years ago, when I started my business, if I did well I would be moving back to PA.

I live in a large military area, and this area is always in transition. Making good quality friends, only to have new orders to be shipped somewhere else.

After we get settled in, and I have the shop up and running we should plain to get together and do some off roading together. I haven't taken my H3 off road yet, and I look forward to doing it.

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com

Last edited by hummer_metal : 07-23-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Northwest of Los Angeles, just outside all the traffic
Michael1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedieter
You can make a study show anything you want it to. I know from experience that one can't control a car with one hand as well as with two.

So what you are saying is all studies are worthless. Could you explain what motivation they would have to show that hand free systems don't work? I guess it's another conspiracy.

We aren't talking about people trying to set lap times on a road course. We are talking about people who are making no more of an evasive maneuver than putting on the brakes when someone stops in front of them, or turning the steering wheel when the freeway has a bend (yes, I have even seen someone almost hit the divider when the freeway turned while they were on their cell phone). They like a bunch of drunks. I'm not advocating driving with one hand, but I seriously doubt the average driver, with our lax licensing system, could even make an evasive manuever.

Drunk or on Cell Phone?

Cell Phone Users Drive Blind

I think I've seen enough to warrant making cell phone use illegal while driving.

Michael

"Shut up and drive"
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

You have my vote Michael.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently t-boned a b*tch in the local Wal-mart parking lot. She was blowing across parking spots perpendicular to established lanes of traffic. I had some damage to my only month old H3 but her car required well over $2500 in repairs. Come to find out, the police would not site her because it is private property. So I guess this means that you can get away with any crime in a WalMart parking lot? I think perhaps I'll reinforce my front end with tube steel and just start ramming people that do stupid driving stunts like what she did. Perhaps then the police and county commissioners will pursue special ordinances that deal with stupid drivers "not on the street".

I can't wait to see what they do when someone is killed - perhaps a five year old trying to cross the street to Petco when someone runs over him backwards at 80 MPH in her little Chevy hatchback because she was in a hurry to get some.... "****"

Johnstown, Pa.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I see plenty of people that are bad drivers when they are on the cell phone but I also see plenty of people that are on their phone and drive better than most everyone around them. If we take away the cell phones does that all of the sudden make all the bad drivers good ones? No, obviously it does not. I agree, there are people that should not be allow to use a phone while in the car but most of these people are also the ones that are bad drivers even if you take away the phone, radio and any other possible distraction in the car. It case you don't recall, there were plenty of idiots on the road not paying attention long before cell phones were even around.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lucifer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
those really work? anyone have one?

I have one and love it. Every once in a while I find a phone that has to good of a connection to jam it, but it will jam most phones. Works great in the theater. Funny seeing the look on the face of the ******* in the fast lane when his phone goes dead.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Cell phones do not keep people in touch, they keep them at a distance so they don't have to really talk to them. I hate them. Driving with one is as bad as driving drunk in my book, wait hold on, I got a call.........
.................................................. ....................................
Ok where was I, yea, cell phones are evil, and cause brain tumors.
In Santa Fe you get a ticket if driving with one.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
Cell phones do not keep people in touch, they keep them at a distance so they don't have to really talk to them. I hate them. Driving with one is as bad as driving drunk in my book, wait hold on, I got a call.........

LMAO

How about posting on a forum while driving

Old 07-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

I hate people who drive one-handed while talking on cellphones. I always lose a mario while I'm playing on the xbox because those jerks always do something to make it hard to keep driving with my knees and I gotta drop the controller.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
I hate people who drive one-handed while talking on cellphones. I always lose a mario while I'm playing on the xbox because those jerks always do something to make it hard to keep driving with my knees and I gotta drop the controller.

So that's why you turned down that trail

Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
So that's why you turned down that trail

I was playing the Hummer Badlands game at the time, I saw a nice trail, but I must have mixed up what one was on the monitor and what one was the windshield.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
I was playing the Hummer Badlands game at the time, I saw a nice trail, but I must have mixed up what one was on the monitor and what one was the windshield.

I told you installing a 42" plasma on top of the dash wasn't a good idea