H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

signals34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know about how long it should take to get a build date? I ordered mine on 7-30 . That was a Saturday, so the order was placed 8-1. The dealer has not spoken to me in 3 weeks, so its been over a month and not even a build date yet. Is this the norm? I call my salesman no callback, no info, no nothing... Scott Hummer Emmaus, Pa.......
Old 09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Does anyone know about how long it should take to get a build date? I ordered mine on 7-30 . That was a Saturday, so the order was placed 8-1. The dealer has not spoken to me in 3 weeks, so its been over a month and not even a build date yet. Is this the norm? I call my salesman no callback, no info, no nothing... Scott Hummer Emmaus, Pa.......
Old 09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

How far do you have to drive to get there?

Maybe a visit is in order?
Old 09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Call Hummer support and explain. You will get action. (800)732-5493

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1511087921/p/1
Old 09-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:
How far do you have to drive to get there?

Maybe a visit is in order? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm not far, about 15 min. ride, I just feel like I should not have to chase them for information, I'm buying from them...I figure they would call me ,even without a build date...just to keep me informed....
Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

The only time most dealers will call you is when the vehicle arrives. They made the sale and the next procedure is to deliver the vehicle. They should follow up if you call them though. Call HS.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:35 PM

H3wannabe is off the scale

Call the customer service number to get info. The dealers typically are not proactive about tracking your order until they know a delivery date. I ordered on 8/5 and was able to get a status 2 weeks ago (by calling cutomer service). My dealer just called me yesterday with a VIN# and the update that it would be here on the 16th. But I already knew all this because I called customer service.

H3wannabe
Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:
Call the customer service number to get info. The dealers typically are not proactive about tracking your order until they know a delivery date. I ordered on 8/5 and was able to get a status 2 weeks ago (by calling cutomer service). My dealer just called me yesterday with a VIN# and the update that it would be here on the 16th. But I already knew all this because I called customer service.

H3wannabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I called cus ser, they gave me a build date of Sept. 26...8 weeks for a build date!!?? I thought I would have the truck by then...no vin# ,no other info, but she also told me this date could change???Thats all she could tell me...what is that all about....I'm confused?????
Old 09-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

You don't get a VIN until they actually do build your H3, try to be patient, it's worth the wait.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:00 AM

[/quote] I called cus ser, they gave me a build date of Sept. 26...8 weeks for a build date!!?? I thought I would have the truck by then...no vin# ,no other info, but she also told me this date could change???Thats all she could tell me...what is that all about....I'm confused?????[/quote]

7 weeks from order date does seem a bit long (2 weeks longer than I have been hearing) for a production date, but not horrible. I ordered on 8/5 and they built it the week 8/29 but I did save a few weeks as the dealer tweaked an order already in the system to meet my requirements.

I would guess either your dealer didn't place the order when you think he did or the lead times are extending a bit. Another thing to consider is how the hurricane may have effected production...not sure if a few days were lost there.

You can plan on about 3 weeks after your production date that your truck will be at the dealer. Sometimes even less depending upon your location.

H3wannabe
Old 09-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> I called cus ser, they gave me a build date of Sept. 26...8 weeks for a build date!!?? I thought I would have the truck by then...no vin# ,no other info, but she also told me this date could change???Thats all she could tell me...what is that all about....I'm confused?????[/quote]
7 weeks from order date does seem a bit long (2 weeks longer than I have been hearing) for a production date, but not horrible. I ordered on 8/5 and they built it the week 8/29 but I did save a few weeks as the dealer tweaked an order already in the system to meet my requirements.

I would guess either your dealer didn't place the order when you think he did or the lead times are extending a bit. Another thing to consider is how the hurricane may have effected production...not sure if a few days were lost there.

You can plan on about 3 weeks after your production date that your truck will be at the dealer. Sometimes even less depending upon your location.

H3wannabe[/quote] Thanks for the advice...I guess I'll have to wait, But add 3 weeks on, thats week of Oct. 17...WOW,thats a long wait
Old 09-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

hmnmm... here's an interesting story to go along with your experience.

I emailed that dealership in Emmanus, PA on July 30th and explained the vehicle that I was looking for and also told them that I was too far away to come there and needed to have discussions via phone/fax or email. On Aug 1st I received an email that they didn't have the one I wanted and that I would have to order it from factory and that would take at least 2 months. I told them I'd get back to them and called a Pittsburgh dealership instead... Then on August 3rd I got an email from another salesman at the Emmanus Hummer who was replying to my original email as if I had never had communication with the other salesman 2 days earlier. This 2nd salesman told me they had exactly the vehicle I was looking for (minus the marker lights)!!! I arranged the installation of the marker lights, agreed on a price and picked it up on August 5th.
I wonder if something fishy is going on there? Could it be that they try that tactic and prefer that you order from the factory for some reason?? And since I didn't bite, they decided to give me one off the lot? I mean... they knew I wasn't going to stop in there. <shrug> It was at the end/beginning of a month too. I dunno... just tellin' my story...

Boulder Grey H3
Old 09-04-2005, 01:56 PM

Could be, but it kinda goes against logic. Typically a dealer wants to get all of your money as quickly as possible.

A more common scenario would be that the sales guy didn't know what he had in inventory. Sometimes vehicles can be on the lot for days without a sales guy knowing it, as the vehicle goes through the receiving paperwork process.

What I have been seeing in general is that the H3 is selling well at dealerships...so well that the services potrion of the "sales process" is suffering a bit as salesman don't have to work hard to move them.

H3wannabe