Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
At 41 I felt way too bald for it.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Fixed

I like em too, but not instead of the H2. First thing I'd do is fiddle with the pedals (accelerator is way too close to break).
Old 01-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
Is this your dealer giving you it as a loaner? I keep getting crappy little cars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, Ken batchelor Hummer have a whole bunch of H3's they give out as loaners. They actually make me sign to say that I won't take it off-road... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:17 AM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

I like em... id rather have my h2... but on the same token id rather have an h1 rather than my h2 but that aint gonna happen anytime soon.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

H3's are cool.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
I think You're the only one that they make sign that waiver Phil! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Smart move </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm surprised Al Serra Hummer doesn't do the same for you Alec.

Service Rep: "How'd you mess up that bumper"

Alec W: "Just normal stuff - probably happened when I drove it over a couple of cars"

Service Rep: "Please sign here".
Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

ME TOO!!!!! They actually make me sign to say that I won't take it off-road...[/quote]
Old 01-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamesT:
ME TOO!!!!! They actually make me sign to say that I won't take it through the mall parking lot... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>[/quote]

Fixed!

Ric-H0
Old 01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

And wash the paint off.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, Ken batchelor Hummer have a whole bunch of H3's they give out as loaners. They actually make me sign to say that I won't take it off-road... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome. I got a Malibu. I think our dealer has 1. And it's a Hummer dealer at that.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
My wife hated it, refused to drive it in the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same for me, Kathy had zero interest in the H3 and she ended up getting a Volvo instead. Strangely I now drive the Volvo almost everyday and she drives the H2 when she's in town (she commutes to Phoenix most weeks where we keep a Toyota Camry). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I missed this post. It sounds oddly familiar...
Old 01-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the H2 is as different from an H3 as a Camry is from a tank.

People buy the 2 for different reasons. If you're hard-core offroading or into bling, you're going to go for the H2. If you're looking for something more moderate and common sense, you go for the H3.

I would never buy an H3. To get all the "goodies" on it that come standard with the H2 would make it costly for what you get. I like the size of the H2, especially jacked up. It rides and drives like a dump truck and is not convenient to park or run errands in, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's my monster truck.

I don't think good or bad of H3s, they're just another vehicle. I will flash my lights at H3s tho.

Stacy
Old 01-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:

People buy the 2 for different reasons. If you're hard-core offroading or into bling, you're going to go for the H2. If you're looking for something more moderate and common sense, you go for the H3.

I would never buy an H3. To get all the "goodies" on it that come standard with the H2 would make it costly for what you get. I like the size of the H2, especially jacked up. It rides and drives like a dump truck and is not convenient to park or run errands in, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's my monster truck.

I don't think good or bad of H3s, they're just another vehicle. I will flash my lights at H3s tho.

Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, I'd have to disagree with you. First, saying the H3 is a camry and the H2 is a tank makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Both are extremely strong trucks and will take a lot. No offense, but your comparison sounds a bit like trolling...

Second, we all know the H3 IS capable of hardcore wheeling, and it will only become more apparent as time goes by. Your comments sound a bit like the FEW H1 owners who were knocking down the H2 when it came out, with comments like "It can't follow an H1", "H2's aren't for hardcore wheeling" and such garbage.

Overall your post makes sense, except for those few little jabs that make me wonder...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

I test drove one when they first came out. I liked it but thought it was under powered. Would not trade for my h2 ever!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

OK. WTF didnt anyone tell me there was an H3? So I wasted my money and bought an outdated one? Guess I'll have to wait to get the H4.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:

Meh, I'd have to disagree with you. First, saying the H3 is a camry and the H2 is a tank makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Both are extremely strong trucks and will take a lot. No offense, but your comparison sounds a bit like trolling...

Second, we all know the H3 IS capable of hardcore wheeling, and it will only become more apparent as time goes by. Your comments sound a bit like the FEW H1 owners who were knocking down the H2 when it came out, with comments like "It can't follow an H1", "H2's aren't for hardcore wheeling" and such garbage.

Overall your post makes sense, except for those few little jabs that make me wonder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey...Ease up on Stacy! Anyone that knows Stacy, knows she is not a troll, and knows what she's talking about when it comes to pushing her vehicle to it's limits. As we know the 2 vehicles are 2 different types of vehicles, just as she had mentioned as are the H1 and H2. No disrespect was meant, just voicing an opinion! Back off Bud!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
Hey...Ease up on Stacy! Anyone that knows Stacy, knows she is not a troll, and knows what she's talking about when it comes to pushing her vehicle to it's limits. As we know the 2 vehicles are 2 different types of vehicles, just as she had mentioned as are the H1 and H2. No disrespect was meant, just voicing an opinion! Back off Bud! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying Stacy is trolling, like I said in my original post, it's just the way it was worded knocked down the H3. Comments like "If you're hard-core offroading... you're going to go for the H2" might hit a nerve with some H3 owners. Stuff like that was often said by H1 owners and the H2 folks didn't look at it too kindly...

Same with the Camry (H3) vs tank (H2), the comparison itself is ridiculous.

Otherwise I agree with the post, two different vehicles for two different purposes, yet both kick ass off-road and are built like tanks...
Old 01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:
Hey...Ease up on Stacy! Anyone that knows Stacy, knows she is not a troll, and knows what she's talking about when it comes to pushing her vehicle to it's limits. As we know the 2 vehicles are 2 different types of vehicles, just as she had mentioned as are the H1 and H2. No disrespect was meant, just voicing an opinion! Back off Bud! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying Stacy is trolling, like I said in my original post, it's just the way it was worded knocked down the H3. Comments like "If you're hard-core offroading... you're going to go for the H2" might hit a nerve with some H3 owners. Stuff like that was often said by H1 owners and the H2 folks didn't look at it too kindly...

Same with the Camry (H3) vs tank (H2), the comparison itself is ridiculous.

Otherwise I agree with the post, two different vehicles for two different purposes, yet both kick ass off-road and are built like tanks... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like someone got his little e-pussy hurt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT HURT! Just shaved
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Overall your post makes sense, except for those few little jabs that make me wonder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time read closer, troll.

I did not say that the H2 was a tank and the H3 was a Camry. It's an ANALOGY - meaning that the difference between the two trucks is sizeable. Why? Because look at a BONE STOCK H2 versus a BONE STOCK H3. Is the H3 capable? Heck yes - that's why it carries the Hummer name. But it lacks a LOT of things - namely the undercarriage protection - that are really needed to go hardcore off-roading. The H3s have taken a LOT of bypasses on trails that the H2 could easily navigate. Could the H3 do it - probably yes, but it WOULD risk damage that is not an issue with the H2.

Which is why I stated what I did - if I were looking to buy a strictly off-road vehicle for $37,000, I would buy a used stock H2 instead of a new H3 with a gazillion options and after-market parts. It has NOTHING to do with H1/H2/H3 classism - don't even pull that card.

Stacy