H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Humm3r is off the scale

I've seen quite a few of you on here with 35's. From what I'm gathering, 315/75/r16's ATs do NOT rub at full lock, but I also read that 35x12.5r18s MTs DO rub. After checking out tire dimensions (315/75/R16 MT vs. AT), it seems 35" MT's are about a 1/2" taller and wider than most AT's. I'm guessing we're limited to 35" All Terrains without modification. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Questions:

1. For those with 35's, what brands are fitting without rubbing? bbyhummer mentioned Mickey Thompsons and Pro Comp Xterrains, but I couldn't find true tire dimensions on these.
Nitto Terra Grappler AT's maybe?

2. The stock 33's kick up dirt all over the rear fender and side. Are the 315/75's 'much' worse? I'm more concerned with regular driving...off road, its something you have to expect.

3. Stock chrome rims are the same dimension, but the dealer swears they can't hold the same tire as adv. pkg wheel. Why, I don't know. Will 35's fit stock chrome wheel? 8" seems to be the minimum wheel width required for 35's, but I'm seeing 37s on stock rims It's confusing.

4. Power - Is there a noticeable difference in power? Sticking to a lighter stock rim, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too noticeable.

5. Torsion bars - How many turns, if any, do you recommend?

Kacyk answered a lot of these questions in a past thread, but he had MT's and a heavier 18" rim. I wanted to gather info on 35's on stock rim.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Humm3r is off the scale

I've seen quite a few of you on here with 35's. From what I'm gathering, 315/75/r16's ATs do NOT rub at full lock, but I also read that 35x12.5r18s MTs DO rub. After checking out tire dimensions (315/75/R16 MT vs. AT), it seems 35" MT's are about a 1/2" taller and wider than most AT's. I'm guessing we're limited to 35" All Terrains without modification. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Questions:

1. For those with 35's, what brands are fitting without rubbing? bbyhummer mentioned Mickey Thompsons and Pro Comp Xterrains, but I couldn't find true tire dimensions on these.
Nitto Terra Grappler AT's maybe?

2. The stock 33's kick up dirt all over the rear fender and side. Are the 315/75's 'much' worse? I'm more concerned with regular driving...off road, its something you have to expect.

3. Stock chrome rims are the same dimension, but the dealer swears they can't hold the same tire as adv. pkg wheel. Why, I don't know. Will 35's fit stock chrome wheel? 8" seems to be the minimum wheel width required for 35's, but I'm seeing 37s on stock rims It's confusing.

4. Power - Is there a noticeable difference in power? Sticking to a lighter stock rim, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too noticeable.

5. Torsion bars - How many turns, if any, do you recommend?

Kacyk answered a lot of these questions in a past thread, but he had MT's and a heavier 18" rim. I wanted to gather info on 35's on stock rim.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the process of doing the same thing. The Rancho lift is coming off on Thursay and they are putting the 35/ 12.50 Procomp Extreme AT's on the stock rims. they told me that the 35's should be fine on the 7.5" rim. The tire manufacts. suggest 8". but we'll see.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 AM

Humm3r is off the scale

It's only a 1/2", I'm sure the tire companies are playing it safe for liability purposes when it comes to wheel recommendations.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Novice

KCJohn is off the scale

As far as your #2 concern ... I have installed the 3M Paint protection kit for the fenders and lower body. I would HIGHLY recommend installing this on any H3. I had this product on the nose of my last car and it is great!

We had a couple of snow storms here in the last few weeks. The places that the kit protects is exactly where the snow and sand was caked on.

It took me about 2 hours to install the kit (yes I am slow but I ma careful).

I woudl have sent pictures but you would not have been able to see the installed kit in the photos.
Factory Rocker Panel Guards
Gobi Stealth Rack
Gobi Lader
Driving Lights(4)
Flood Lights (rear)
Tail Light Guards
Predator winch package
Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I am in the process of doing the same thing. The Rancho lift is coming off on Thursay and they are putting the 35/ 12.50 Procomp Extreme AT's on the stock rims. they told me that the 35's should be fine on the 7.5" rim. The tire manufacts. suggest 8". but we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm planning to put this on my stock rims - LT35 x 12.5 R16.
Attached Files
File Type: tire (16.1 KB, 1078 views)
Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 PM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Green Lantern:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I am in the process of doing the same thing. The Rancho lift is coming off on Thursay and they are putting the 35/ 12.50 Procomp Extreme AT's on the stock rims. they told me that the 35's should be fine on the 7.5" rim. The tire manufacts. suggest 8". but we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm planning to put this on my stock rims - LT35 x 12.5 R16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think those will fit on the stock rim. I looked at those before I bought mine.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
I don't think those will fit on the stock rim. I looked at those before I bought mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already been done.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8061081051

Old 12-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Already been done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think those are 33's
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Green Lantern:

I'm planning to put this on my stock rims - LT35 x 12.5 R16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think those will fit on the stock rim. I looked at those before I bought mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't the 35 x 12.50 x 16 the same as 315 75R 16?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM

Humm3r is off the scale

I don't think those will fit on the stock rim. I looked at those before I bought mine.

Already been done.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8061081051 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're 33's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">H-Unit
Hummer Veteran
Posted 12-21-05 09:51 AM
I got lucky and the Hummer Logo was on the truck when I bought it! I bought it off their showroom floor and I haven't seen it anywhere else! The tires are basically the stock size, 33x11.5x16

Cheers!

2006 Shadow Green H3
2002 Black/Mod Red Z06 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-22-2005, 06:33 PM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sewie:

Already been done.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/8061081051 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure those are 33's
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-22-2005, 06:34 PM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

Isn't the 35 x 12.50 x 16 the same as 315 75R 16? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On paper they seem to be but for some reason once they are on the rim they are to wide and rub
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-22-2005, 06:48 PM

Humm3r is off the scale

So answer me this, how did Rough Country fit 37's on stock, but some 35's don't fit? And what brands are P metric ?

Confuses the hell out of me.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Isn't the 35 x 12.50 x 16 the same as 315 75R 16? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On paper they seem to be but for some reason once they are on the rim they are to wide and rub </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UGGHHH

so the 315's will fit becasue they are metric?
I hope so, because that's what they are doing today. the Extreme AT's are the same size as your X Terrains. so they should. I guess I'll find out in the next couple of hours.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:45 PM

Humm3r is off the scale

so.....did they fit?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:20 PM

crop000s is off the scale

And pictures??????.....
Old 12-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

... still waiting. I pick it up later today/ I hope! I will post some pics too.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

RANCHO = SUCK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
Old 12-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Guru

YEAH! They fit. They touch the sway bar just a tad. My torsion bars are at the stock height too. So for those that are questioning if they fit, they do! I went from 35's to 37's on my SUT and had way more rubbing than this. They barely touch and that's at full lock in reverse only. I'll post some pics in a day or two if anyone still wants some.
Now all I have to do is order a new front skidplate. They cut mine to make it fit for the Rancho Sucko lift. So, other than that, it rides just like it did two weeks ago when I picked it up from the dealer.