H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIHUMMER = HUMMERLESS after Paragon/RauchCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe

The Bunny strikes again....
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie_Chung

Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

F5..I don't understand this....

04/25/2006 414203 # F2383 - RING GEAR AND PINION - REAR DIFFERENTIAL - REPLACE 19285 miles

My rear diff is in PA being replaced right now??? At leasts that's what they are telling me....

Ok...so like I said in my thread original I'm still learning what these parts are....so sue me if I mistaken the word "bearing" for "pinion" or whatever. So...they replace my Ring and Pinion in the front differential....? is that right?

Last edited by HIHUMMER : 06-07-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

220. 221. Whatever it takes....
Old 06-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIHUMMER

04/25/2006 414203 # F2383 - RING GEAR AND PINION - REAR DIFFERENTIAL - REPLACE 19285 miles

My rear diff is in PA being replaced right now??? At leasts that's what they are telling me....

Ok...so like I said in my thread original I'm still learning what these parts are....so sue me if I mistaken the word "bearing" for "pinion" or whatever. So...they replace my Ring and Pinion in the front differential....? is that right?

If the rear diff is being replaced right now, there will be no claim for the replacement, until the job is finished. At which time they will claim the same labor operation number F2383.
If, and I say if because I'm not in the dealer, you had the lapping compound issue and didn't realize it until 19K miles, and the dealer only replaced the ring/pinion set, that could be why your rear diff failed again. If the first rear diff was a complete assembly replaced, the dealer would have claimed F3200 Rear Differential Assembly (Complete) - Replace.
It almost sounds like this is the problem. Maybe with all those new radios you couldn't hear the rear axle whining. (Only kidding...)
The only other thing would be if it wasn't the lapping compound problem, the first tech may not have set up the ring/pinion gear correctly, and they failed a few thousand miles later.
To be completely honest to you and everyone else, we DO NOT have a problem with rear diffs; other than the lapping compound issue. The rear diff is strong enough so that if something breaks it is usually the axle shaft (weakest point in the link), versus the front diff.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

No, that's completely wrong. Your REAR diff was replaced on 04/25/2006

Your front diff hasn't been touched. You had a front axle seal replaced and that's about as close to the front diff as it got.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Ut-Oh HI, your lies have finally caught up with you. I told you this was a bad idea!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Banned

ok..then what the fuk is the sh!t on the bottom of my work order??? I'll scan damn thing and post if you think I made this up as well

19308 *had bad ring and pinion gears* - Test drove had clicking noise, sounded like coming from front diff, remved cover inspected foun no sign of problem reinstalled cover check ed fluid levels in both front and rear diff and transfer case, called tan talked to XXXXXXX said to run rubber hoses from front diff and transer case vents test drive to see if could hear noise found noise coming from front diff (Case #8903956) R&R dfont diff found chips in ring and pinion gears, also found preload on pinion at .008" Replaced ring and pinion gears and bearings and side carrier bearing, set preload to .27 spec .015 to .030 rest back lash to .006 spec .003 to .010 perfered .005 to .007 reinstalled in vehicle test drove no noise heard from front diff - RFI casae C16615100376 Excessive rental due to parts being damanged on two orders XXXXXX aware of issue"

Last edited by HIHUMMER : 06-08-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

SNAP!!!

Scan it!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

A scan will help, but remember ... we can tell if it's been photochopped. Could you possibly get any and all people who had something to do with your vehicle sign the document approving accuracy, and have it notarized and mailed via registered mail to each of us. Also, please post a list of all numbers where we can reach said people to clear this whole fiasco up.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
SNAP!!!

Scan it!

will do in the morning once I get to work....

Is is possible that perhaps the dealer entered a wrong number or something?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ok..then what the fuk is the sh!t on the bottom of my work order??? I'll scan damn thing and post if you think I made this up as well

19308 *had bad ring and pinion gears* - Test drove had clicking noise, sounded like coming from front diff, remved cover inspected foun no sign of problem reinstalled cover check ed fluid levels in both front and rear diff and transfer case, called tan talked to Barry Offerman said to run rubber hoses from front diff and transer case vents test drive to see if could hear noise found noise coming from front diff (Case #8903956) R&R dfont diff found chips in ring and pinion gears, also found preload on pinion at .008" Replaced ring and pinion gears and bearings and side carrier bearing, set preload to .27 spec .015 to .030 rest back lash to .006 spec .003 to .010 perfered .005 to .007 reinstalled in vehicle test drove no noise heard from front diff - RFI casae C16615100376 Excessive rental due to parts being damanged on two orders curt laudick aware of issue"

You typed all of that??? RAARRRR!!11!!
You = pwn3d by enragement
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Banned

I had PM'd all that to F5 and NoMo eariler to see if they could explain it....
copy and paste....
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:

19308 *had bad ring and pinion gears* - Test drove had clicking noise, sounded like coming from front diff, remved cover inspected foun no sign of problem reinstalled cover check ed fluid levels in both front and rear diff and transfer case, called tan talked to xxxxxxxx(real person on tech assistance...request HIHUMMER to XXX out name, but I verified it is a realy person) said to run rubber hoses from front diff and transer case vents test drive to see if could hear noise found noise coming from front diff (Case #8903956)(case number looks good, one way to correctly diagnose and narrow down the cause of the noise) R&R dfont diff found chips in ring and pinion gears, also found preload on pinion at .008" Replaced ring and pinion gears and bearings and side carrier bearing, set preload to .27 spec .015 to .030 rest back lash to .006 spec .003 to .010 perfered .005 to .007 reinstalled in vehicle test drove no noise heard from front diff - RFI casae C16615100376 Excessive rental due to parts being damanged on two orders xxxxxxx(real person, again, please XXX out most of name) aware of issue"

Yes, the dealer could have pulled the incorrect number for the repair, correct labor op would be F2382 versus F2383. Easy to fat finger one digit. In addition, since all repair times for H3 at time of repair were straight (vehicle not time studied till a month ago by GM to set exact times), to the warranty people, it would pay whatever it took to repair (tech punches in/punches out). Only thing that would be affected would be warranty reports run to see what parts are failing at what rate.
To be honest everyone, I can't believe anyone would have the correct names, the suggested diagnosis without this being for real.
It appears from my end, that it was a front diff gear replacement, and it was a mistake in the system by the warranty person at the dealer.

However, please explain how you damaged your front crossmember?

Last edited by f5fstop : 06-08-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
220. 221. Whatever it takes....
X2
Old 06-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop

Can you say Tellico

Don't know for sure but as I recall she was having some noise coming from the front end and they thought it might be the front suspension. Ended up being something to do with loose bolts on the cross member or something like that but I could be wrong.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, the dealer could have pulled the incorrect number for the repair, correct labor op would be F2382 versus F2383. Easy to fat finger one digit. In addition, since all repair times for H3 at time of repair were straight (vehicle not time studied till a month ago by GM to set exact times), to the warranty people, it would pay whatever it took to repair (tech punches in/punches out). Only thing that would be affected would be warranty reports run to see what parts are failing at what rate.
To be honest everyone, I can't believe anyone would have the correct names, the suggested diagnosis without this being for real.
It appears from my end, that it was a front diff gear replacement, and it was a mistake in the system by the warranty person at the dealer.

YES!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Hummer Professional

alldunn is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
Can you say Tellico

Don't know for sure but as I recall she was having some noise coming from the front end and they thought it might be the front suspension. Ended up being something to do with loose bolts on the cross member or something like that but I could be wrong.

Could it possibly be from when you backed in to the front of her H3???
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:

Thanks F5 AND NoMo...I appreciate your help.
I've pointed this possible keying error out to the dealer...we'll see what they do about it..? How about that FRONT Differential??!!!!

Not sure about the front crossmember. There was squeeking when I would drive over a speed bump or something like that. The work order says something about bolts loose....I can PM the details to you later if you'd like.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
No, that's completely wrong. Your REAR diff was replaced on 04/25/2006

Your front diff hasn't been touched. You had a front axle seal replaced and that's about as close to the front diff as it got.

Personally, I don't see why there is a need to persecute the woman over semantics. Do you feel the need to be precise and 100% correct at all times and have no tolerance for others ignorance or lack of nomenclature?

This is just lame.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Closed Thread