H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

meathook is off the scale
Default Re: Why H3?

thanks................
Old 06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My name is Chris and I am a recovering yuppie SUV fanatic. I love puppies, daisies, and pretty goldfish. I really love single Mom's and H3s - they are both fun to drive and make me feel "BIG". I guess I am addicted as I continue to drive both as I speak...

I have a brain and the career to have bought an H2 but chose the H3 based on utility and apperance. But I grew up in Pennsylvania - or Pennsyltucky - so I guess I really don't understand the concept of "big", the workings of the rest of the universe, or which side of my underwear is front versus rear even though I have three college degrees (one terminal). I am still trying to decide if my Ph.D diploma is worth more as a purty wall hanging or toilet paper. In fact, I just can not sound out the names of them dar' fancy foods like "escargo" and "tiramsu" so I'll just take them yonder beers and fixins and be sure to belch after an hour to indicate my contentment. And I'll try to remember to wipe when the time comes....

As I am 14 years older than the pre-requisite age of 19 for knowing and doing all, I guess my sell-by-date had long passed and senility has obviously settled in..... as stale goods are so passe, I think I'll zip my loc' now....

So I'll go and drive my H3, along with my two other "garage rods" that I earned on my pittance of a salary - some even while a po' white boy college student wannabe. I shall persevere in my contentment with a "small" lifestyle, all the while enjoying the giggles of glee from my single-mom paramour's daughter as I drive over curbs, stumps, Barney, Spongebob, and the occassional loud mouth, pot-hole filler shipped in from the land of the all-knowing, formerly the state of Texas, as I take my gals fishing.

Did I mention I have Russian heritage?

Yins take care now.

Last edited by H3.007 : 06-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007
Hi,

My name is Chris and I am a recovering yuppie SUV fanatic. I love puppies, daisies, and pretty goldfish. I really love single Mom's and H3s - they are both fun to drive and make me feel "BIG". I guess I am addicted as I continue to drive both as I speak...

I have a brain and the career to have bought an H2 but chose the H3 based on utility and apperance. But I grew up in Pennsylvania - or Pennsyltucky - so I guess I really don't understand the concept of "big", the workings of the rest of the universe, or which side of my underwear is front versus rear even though I have three college degrees (one terminal). I am still trying to decide if my Ph.D diploma is worth more as a purty wall hanging or toilet paper. In fact, I just can not sound out the names of them dar' fancy foods like "escargo" and "tiramsu" so I'll just take them yonder beers and fixins and be sure to belch after an hour to indicate my contentment. And I'll try to remember to wipe when the time comes....

As I am 14 years older than the pre-requisite age of 19 for knowing and doing all, I guess my sell-by-date had long passed and senility has obviously settled in..... as stale goods are so passe, I think I'll zip my loc' now....

So I'll go and drive my H3, along with my two other "garage rods" that I earned on my pittance of a salary - some even while a po' white boy college student wannabe. I shall persevere in my contentment with a "small" lifestyle, all the while enjoying the giggles of glee from my single-mom paramour's daughter as I drive over curbs, stumps, Barney, Spongebob, and the occassional loud mouth, pot-hole filler shipped in from the land of the all-knowing, formerly the state of Texas, as I take my gals fishing.

Yins take care now.

LOL , yep sucks to be poor we had to move to MOAB
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007
Hi,

Yins take care now.

All that aside, you still drive a H3............
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
trolling, trolling, trolling...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2

An H3 worth twice as much as your H2.

You know all those high school kids who think they are cool, rich and have status because they drive a Mercedes, an '84 w/500k miles.... well you're the equivalent in the Hummer world.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни

You know all those high school kids who think they are cool, rich and have status because they drive a Mercedes, an '84 w/500k miles.... well you're the equivalent in the Hummer world.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни

Yep, state of the Hummer art H3 versus EOL H2. But at least they are both Hummers!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2

You have been on this earth for 31 years and that was the best comeback you could come up with?

-10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Sig
2004 Blk Lux w/Nav, w/some bling and Jet Stage I chip. More Mod's to come.....

A 3 year old high mileage H2... I'm impressed.

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 07-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, asside from all the pissing contests, does anyone seriously disagree with the following, and even assuming that you were going to keep your vehicle for a long time and did not care one bit about it's resale/trade in value, and assuimg that you plan on wheeling your rig a fair amount:

More than 80% of H2 owners would trade their H2 for an H1 from the same year with similar mileage; same color; etc ... (I say only 80% because the the H2 is actually a better daily driver).

More than 98% of H3 owners would trade for an H1 under the same deal.

At least 95% of H3 owners would swap for an H2.

If it didn't cost more, the vast majority of us would upgrade to the lower-numbered, higher costing, more capable model.

I actually like the H3, and am considering getting one for wifey, but I was actualy stunned that the H3 is, IMO, far less stable going around turns on off ramps than the H2. Probably just because the H2 is wider, etc... For the vast majority of people, who are not tight on gas money, the H2 is better at just about everything. Now, if I was going to want/need to go through some pretty tight trails often, I might opt for the H3. For example, I'd probably feel more comfortable going up/down Webster Pass and Radical Hill (in CO) with an H3. That's an advantage in that situation. But, come on, I wouldn't seriously tell and H1 guy, that I can go more places than he can. I have an H2 because I didn't want to spend the extra $60K, not because it so much better than an H1.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 AM
Hummer Guru

yea they just want to flop over on them on-ramps

Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1

No, but I assumed for some reason that the H3 would handle better than the H2 on the highway. After driving both, I'd much much prefer to make a high-speed evasive manuever in the heavier H2. Wasn't expecting that.

The H3 is way better than at least five of the seven vehicles I've owned. And I could not have afforded one only five or six years ago, even if they had existed. If they had, and I had bought one, I would have been very happy with it, and I'm considering getting one now for my wife, because we don't need another $60K vehicle, but I wouldn't pretent I wouldn't make an even trade for an H2 or H1. If someone offered me an H1 Alpha right now in the same condition as my H2, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Just being honest.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 AM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
After driving both, I'd much much prefer to make a high-speed evasive manuever in the heavier H2.

Who you got chasing ya man??????
Old 07-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHummer3
Who you got chasing ya man??????

a bunch of H3's ????????????

Old 07-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

MarineHawk

There are some obvious advantages to the H2 over the H3. That's why I just bought one. The H3 does have some advantages over the H2 also.

Like you just mentioned tight trails is one of them, I took my new H2 up the hill from my house and was climbing the trails in less than 5 minutes from where I live.

These trails are tight and lined with scrub oak (stiff thick branches), the trails climb to the tops of the mountains here and are very twisty and steep with loose gravel and rock. I found the extra weight of the H2 was digging in the loose soil far more than my H3 did on the same trails. The H2 had to work much harder to overcome it's own weight and dug holes with all four wheels. The branches were scraping my paint up and down both sides of the rig and there was no way to avoid it. The H2 could not make the tight turns nearly as easily as the H3 and I dragged the rig through brush much more than the H3 in spite of having to make two and three point tight turns. The H3 would go right through barely touching brush.

I still prefer the H2 and am glad I was able to get one. I am looking forward to learning to drive THIS rig better. I'm sure there is a learning curve to each vehicle. I have 5 in my family and the H2 fits all of us much better and more comfortably. The H2 is more pleasurable to drive for me.

I really don't see this as a competition though. Money is a factor, and both vehicles do well in their different price classes. If you want to off road a vehicle and you aren't going to build your own, ANY Hummer is tough to beat.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

MUD4ME is on a distinguished road

I went from an H2 to an H3. My reason? Gas prices, simple. I can afford gas just fine but just because you CAN afford it does not mean you LIKE it. I drive alot and was tried of wasting money is all. I have rigged out my H3 and love it. In time I will prob. look at the H3 Alpha as a trade up. But I do not have KIDS, so I don't need that much room either.

2007 H3, Traded the H2, Custom grill guard, Warn winch, Custom roof rack w/ 4 KC lights and High Lift jack, Custom under body protection, Gibson cat back, Volant CAI, Throttle body spacer, Custom rock rails, Full audio system, Air, More to come!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR ARMED FORCES!

RLTW!! you get it if you get it.....

www.operatorsedge.com

www.hummeraccessories.cc
Old 07-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

some of you guys are a joke, i hope you know who i mean
Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Okay, asside from all the pissing contests, does anyone seriously disagree with the following, and even assuming that you were going to keep your vehicle for a long time and did not care one bit about it's resale/trade in value, and assuimg that you plan on wheeling your rig a fair amount:

More than 80% of H2 owners would trade their H2 for an H1 from the same year with similar mileage; same color; etc ... (I say only 80% because the the H2 is actually a better daily driver).

More than 98% of H3 owners would trade for an H1 under the same deal.

At least 95% of H3 owners would swap for an H2.

If it didn't cost more, the vast majority of us would upgrade to the lower-numbered, higher costing, more capable model.

Yes, I disagree with your statement and you pulled those numbers out of your ass. Why do H1/H2 owners always assume cost was the reason for purchasing an H3 instead of an H1/H2?

I think they're all great trucks but I just don't like having a fullsize truck for a DD. It's impractical and a PITA where I live. My last truck was a midsize also. It's just what I prefer. So apparently I fit in that 2% and 5% that wouldn't trade their H3 in for either other model.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Demo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1

That was freaking halarious LMAO

Can't you just visualize an H3 just flopping over while an H2 goes around it.

Neo is teh funny