Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats US Air

Keep it up and don't bow down. I'll try to fly US Air next time!!!

Let's profile passengers the way they are in Israel.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id= 249091839930090&view=1
Quote:
A Profiling In Courage

INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY
Posted 11/22/2006
Homeland Security: Kudos to US Airways. Risking fines and a boycott, it did the right thing this week by removing a group of Muslim men from a flight to protect its crew and passengers.
By most accounts, the six bearded men were behaving suspiciously at a time when airports were on high alert for sky terror during the holidays. "There were a number of things that gave the flight crew pause," an airline spokesman said. According to witnesses and police reports, the men:
? Made anti-American statements.
? Made a scene of praying and chanting "Allah."
? Asked for seat-belt extensions even though a flight attendant thought they didn't need them.
? Refused requests by the pilot to disembark for more screening.
Also, three of the men had only one-way tickets and no checked baggage.
Police had to forcibly remove the men from the flight, whereupon they were taken into custody. A search found no weapons or explosives, and they were released to continue on their journey.

Last edited by KenP : 12-02-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

Default Re: Congrat US Air

More:
Quote:
Within hours, the men enlisted a Muslim-rights group to make a stink in the press, insisting they were merely imams returning home from an Islamic conference in Minneapolis. They say they were "harassed" because of their faith.
Quote:
All six claim to be Americans, so clearly they were aware of heightened security. Surely they knew that groups of Muslim men flying together while praying to Allah fit the modus operandi of the 9/11 hijackers and would make a pilot nervous. Throw in anti-U.S. remarks and odd demands about seat belts, and they might as well have yelled, "Bomb!"
Yet they chose to make a spectacle. Why? Turns out among those attending their conference was Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, D-Minn., who will be the first Muslim sworn into Congress (with his hand on the Quran). Two days earlier, Ellison, an African-American convert who wants to criminalize Muslim profiling, spoke at a fundraiser for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Muslim-rights group that wasted no time condemning US Airways for "prejudice and ignorance."
Quote:
CAIR wants congressional hearings to investigate other incidents of "flying while Muslim." Incoming Judiciary Chairman John Con-yers, D-Mich., has already drafted a resolution, borrowing from CAIR rhetoric, that gives Muslims special civil-rights protections.
While it's not immediately clear whether the incident was a stunt to help give the new Democratic majority cover to criminalize airport profiling, it wouldn't be the first time Muslim passengers have tried to prove "Islamophobia" — or test nerves and security.
Two years ago a dozen Syrian men caused panic aboard a Northwest Airlines flight by passing bags to each other as they used the lavatory. As the plane prepared to land, they rushed to the back and front of the plane speaking in Arabic.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like terrorists testing the system. I think they got a kick out of terrifying the passengers with their actions. But the passengers got the last laugh. Good work on the airline's part.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

I am happy US Air is choosing the safer path on this issue. I'm all for profiling. Heck, if any of us went to one of their Islamics countries (well, anywhere outside the US) we'd certainly be profiled as an American. So I don't know what they're complaining about. They should STFU and if they don't like the US, go back home to their harems.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Congrats US Air

Even though I'm the antithesis of the profile they're looking for, I don't mind the little bit of "inconvenience" from the extra screening & pat-downs. Those that don't like it should be put on a permanent no-fly list and issued bus tickets instead.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Even though I'm the antithesis of the profile they're looking for, I don't mind the little bit of "inconvenience" from the extra screening & pat-downs. Those that don't like it should be put on a permanent no-fly list and issued bus tickets instead.
NO bus tickets!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Keep it up and don't bow down. I'll try to fly US Air next time!!!

Let's profile passengers the way they are in Israel.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id= 249091839930090&view=1

Good job USair

IMO, that wasn't "racial profiling" at all. It wasn't their skin or hair color, native language, religion or traditional clothing that got them arrested. It was their actions that gave probable cause to screen them again and arrest them when they refused.

Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to disturb the peace or threaten people. You can't protest without a permit, yell "fire" in a crowded theater or wave replica (non-firing) guns in someone's face ... and no you can't yell "Death to America" on an US flag plane full of Americans. Whatever they really think about Allah and America, they should have kept it to themselves and not made a scene.

And as for racial profiling ... omfg, you don't get diplomatic immunity just because you're not white. NOBODY gets to harass an airplane full of passengers.

Last edited by Wisha Haddan H3 : 12-02-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:41 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

To what all of you had to say, I too am sick and tired of all this BS. I fly
"US Air" monthly and I am sure that I would have wanted something to be done. I do not care what a man's color of skin is or what he believes in or doesn't believe in. I do however respect my country and the people in it. I am that guy who still stops and stands when I hear "God Bless America" or National anthem.
As for those men who claim to be citizens, they need to act like one.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

You want to talk about racial profiling. I am a white guy who flys alot by himself on government orders. I get the white latex glove treatment baby. Why?? Because I do not bitch about the extra searches, scream racial profiling and I help them reach their qouta. Boy I only wish they would use lube. Hell it is about time that they started dry fvcking others. Go get'em boys!!!!!
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree 100%. Start shooting them bastards and let God sort it out. I thought you put your hand on the Holy Bible to get sworn in. Boy am I absolete. The Rebel.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBLWARMR
You want to talk about racial profiling. I am a white guy who flys alot by himself on government orders. I get the white latex glove treatment baby. Why?? Because I do not bitch about the extra searches, scream racial profiling and I help them reach their qouta. Boy I only wish they would use lube. Hell it is about time that they started dry fvcking others. Go get'em boys!!!!!

Dennis Miller on the subject:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?120106/120106_hc_miller&Hannity_Colmes&%27Real%20Free%20S peech%27&acc&Foxlife&-1&News&163&&&new

Last edited by h2co-pilot : 12-02-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Dennis Miller, and for some strange reason I think he is hot. I know I would be like 10 inches taller than he is but I love his mind, wit and intelligence.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...Profiling.html

Heres Carlos on the subject.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 12-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Hummer Messiah