H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone else had to have the entire head replaced? I smell recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
I've been wondering about that west, you mentioned it on the radio on Hells.

Well, new head for west eh?

Not yet.... But if I were to place a bet.

I didn't ask about the codes, but he said there were two technical bulletins based on checking the codes. One was for checking the belts and seeing if something was bent. He said they took off the belts and didn't find any problem.

Of course the other bulletin was on the cylinder/head issue.

They cleared the codes and he wanted me to drive around for a few days and see if the light comes back on. He said if it does they'll start working on the cylinders.

He was like maybe it will be ok, oh maybe we'll see you next week......

He said I'd get a Buick as a loaner if I have to come back.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Elcova Newbie

Lawwyfe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has anyone else had to have the entire head replaced? I smell recall.

Hi, I am new here, did a search on head replacements here and would like to add my experiences here. I realize that the head replacement has been a huge issue in H3's produced within a certain vin range. I have now seen 2 07's have the head issue arise. I purchased my H3 exactly 1 year ago. 6,000 miles into ownership and while on a long trip - I encountered the head issue. Dealer had it for a week and replaced the head. I discovered while researching the issue that this was very widespread. I also discovered in reading other forums, that GM was issuing extended warranties.

I contacted GM and was told that I would be given a 7 yr/100,000 mile extended warranty on all engine and drivetrain components. After numerous phonecalls to GM, I received the letter 2 months later. The letter did not contain the promised coverage that GM had quoted me (was only on certain engine components.) To the phones again I went. Meanwhile while I am ironing this out with GM, I see numerous others on the forum are getting various perks added along with their extended warranties (years worth of oilchanges, another year of OnStar, a couple got bumper to bumper coverages, etc., etc.) I brought this to GM's attention and told them I wanted what everyone else was getting.

I was then told (almost 4 mos into this now) that I would be given for all my trouble a "GMPP" (basically bumper to bumper) warranty and that I would receive it in a couple weeks in the mail. 1 month later I still had not received it so again I called GM - was told "oh sorry, that person had no business telling you that we would give that warranty to you - and we will NOT!" Meanwhile they then tell me that my original component letter that I had was NO GOOD either and that I must return the letter to them! I of course refused to return it UNTIL they made good on their promises.

Long story shortened, we have battled this issue for now nearly 6 months and as of 2 weeks ago they promised me in writing this time via email a specific extended warranty coverage offer IF I would return my letter to my Service Manager - for which I did in good faith since I now had a written offer of resolve from GM. I would also add that I discussed the fact with my Service Manager my fears of relinguishing the letter and what all they had done to me in the previous 5 months. His response was, "Oh I would never let this happen to you - we are here for YOU!"

Today I get a call from GM informing me that they are not giving me anything and are closing my file as a "dissatisfied customer!" (Now that they have my original letter!) Of course I was very irate as well as in total shock that they would do this to me after making promises in writing. They offered me no excuses or reasons as to why they were renigging. Guess what my Service Manager's response was today after I called him? "Oh gee sorry and nothing I can do!"

I have seen numerous other H3 owners with the head replacement get extended warranties, so why would GM treat me in this manner? I am just in total disbelief that GM would lie over and over again and pull such a scam to get me to return my letter (which I was told was no good anyway) and then break promises - not once but on 3 separate occasions. As far as I am concerned this is total lack of regard for we customers who helped make this H3 the HUGE success that it became in purchasing it in it's 1st production year (something I have always refused to do in the past!) My family and I have been long time GM customers (cadillac) and as far as I am concerned, GM just lost all credibility with me!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

You catch more flies with honey....Honey.

Last edited by HummBebe : 05-01-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Steve - SanJose

uh huh
Old 05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

I would suggest immediately selling your H3, all your other GM vehicles, and buying a Toyota (maybe a prius?). That way, you would not be subjected to such horrible business practices and might own a vehicle that is so reliable they run forever (lucky too, in the case of the prius since recycling them would ruin the environment). How long are the toyota warranties again??

And while you are at it, I'd also suggest sticking a big giant cow dong in your bunghole.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Oh and, I had no problems getting an extended warranty.....but then again I'm not married to a Lawyer......
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

"Today I get a call from GM informing me that they are not giving me anything and are closing my file as a "dissatisfied customer!" (Now that they have my original letter!) Of course I was very irate as well as in total shock that they would do this to me after making promises in writing. They offered me no excuses or reasons as to why they were renigging. Guess what my Service Manager's response was today after I called him? "Oh gee sorry and nothing I can do!" "

Sorry bro, but I gotta call BULLSHLT on this story. Simply because its your 1st post and its obviously trollish.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Elcova Newbie

Lawwyfe is on a distinguished road

LOL I had been "forewarned" about your forum here and how many act...I must say what I heard was quite accurate. I merely came here to share an experience as a help to others, in case anyone else here had had any of the same problems. - Not to make little buddies and hang out Nor did I plan to return after this post - so save your type, as an impression on me - it will not make LOL! And of course I KNOW that with the widespread head issue NO ONE here has ever suffered it, or needed any support LOL

Never once did I "dis" the (my) H3 nor mention Toyota or anyone else, nor act "trollish" in my post. As for the "honey...honey...I displayed nothing but courtesy in dealing with GM the last 6 months over this issue - until today that is! And dave...funny you make mention of bungholes, I had heard you took it that way! And as for being married to an attorney - now if I were married to an attorney, would I be here and other places posting this problem? I think not LOL.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Go easy on the Lawwyfe. I've seen her on another forum. She has been given the run around big time.

Wait till you have to get your head replaced and have to demand extended coverage.

It took me awhile but I got my letter from Hummer extedning my warranty another 60 months or 75,000 miles with a zero deductibile from teh date and mileage of the repair. This is the Basic Guard Plan and covers the whole drive train (engine, trans, t-case, axles).

At first they offered 100K engine only but called back saying the couldn't offer it in CA, VT and NH. When they did that I demanded they show good faith in the head repair and later they did.... long story

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

We call em like we see em
TROLL
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Hummer Guru

so you didn't make a copy of the letter? come on, you'll trade out of it before the warrenty is ot so just enjoy and buy a gmpp after the factory runs out.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Sorry Dan.....but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawwyfe
LOL I had been "forewarned" about your forum here and how many act...I must say what I heard was quite accurate.

Really? and you were "forewarned" by whom?

Quote:
I merely came here to share an experience as a help to others, in case anyone else here had had any of the same problems. - Not to make little buddies and hang out Nor did I plan to return after this post

Sharing is caring? This comment is the definition of trolling.

Quote:
- so save your type, as an impression on me - it will not make LOL! And of course I KNOW that with the widespread head issue NO ONE here has ever suffered it, or needed any support LOL

The head issue is not "widespread" check your facts before you really make an a$$ out of yourself.

Quote:
As for the "honey...honey...I displayed nothing but courtesy in dealing with GM the last 6 months over this issue - until today that is!

6 months of your whining and I would slam the door in your face too.

Quote:
And dave...funny you make mention of bungholes, I had heard you took it that way!

Now that's definitely a troll comment.

Quote:
And as for being married to an attorney - now if I were married to an attorney, would I be here and other places posting this problem? I think not LOL.

Probably, it's an easy way to troll for case building material.....which is why these types of posts are attacked for the BULL$HIT that they are.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that people are getting different stories on the head replacements and are getting different treatment by Hummer customer service.

GM should come forward about the head replacement and offer the same extended coverage to everybody that has the head issue. We shouldn't have to demand or ask for extended coverage due to the head issue. GM should be contacting us as soon as the repair has been made and offering the same deal to all of us H3 owners.

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

you know guys, sometimes you need to ease up a bit....

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrew
you know guys, sometimes you need to ease up a bit....

Mr. Drew, you don't have enough history here to make that remark.

But thanks anyway.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Oh.. since I don't sit infront of the pc all day makes my comments worthless?

Try going outside once and a while and being less of an e-thug..

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 05-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrew
Oh.. since I don't sit infront of the pc all day makes my comments worthless?

Try going outside once and a while and being less of an e-thug..

"Try going outside once in a while"....STFU, you don't know me.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Great response... You've been on this earth all these years and that was you could come up with?

You're a hostile little man.. Do you need a hug?

If you can't handle a little comment about not always being so damn judgemental, you need to get a little thicker skin. Life's short..

Lighten up Francis, it's the internet, not "real life".

H.O.P.E. Member