Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Sunday!

I am still sick. I'm really getting pissed now. I have gone through gallons of orange juice, lots of cold medication and Starbucks. It went to my chest and it is gone know and back into my nose. Maybe it is something different, I don't know but whatever, I am pissed.

I painted part of our foyer and I can't tell if I like the color, it was supposed to be an antique yellow but I think it is too bright. Or maybe the neutral parts of the house have too many pink undertones. I don't know. I am going to figure out whether I will repaint and just throw plants and a bench in there. I hate this space, anyone have suggestions.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Hummer Deity

Happy Sunday!

I am still sick. I'm really getting pissed now. I have gone through gallons of orange juice, lots of cold medication and Starbucks. It went to my chest and it is gone know and back into my nose. Maybe it is something different, I don't know but whatever, I am pissed.

I painted part of our foyer and I can't tell if I like the color, it was supposed to be an antique yellow but I think it is too bright. Or maybe the neutral parts of the house have too many pink undertones. I don't know. I am going to figure out whether I will repaint and just throw plants and a bench in there. I hate this space, anyone have suggestions.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Hummer Deity

It is such a weird little area.

(Has this site beeen slow for anyone else or is it me?)
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by H2CP,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hate this space, anyone have suggestions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Take the furniture out, rip the front door and frame out, make the opening bigger, install overhead door, park "the 2" in there!!

P/S I'm not crazy about the color either!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about parking the new h2 in the house, but yes a simple remodel and make the staircase larger or more grand.

It'd make it easier to drive your new SUT up to the bedroom

Oh and I agree the yellow looks too bright.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
It is such a weird little area.

(Has this site beeen slow for anyone else or is it me?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-27-2005, 01:31 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

You are right. This space is a problem. I'll language it for you.

Here's the problem. An entryway should draw you in. This entryway repluses and pushes back. It wake the eye want to move away... it does not encourage the eye to linger. It hurts.

So, what I am saying is, "You're right"... but the biggest thing you are fighting there is the railing on the staircase.

The metal railing is too thin and spidery for the space. Way out of proportion and not right for a house. It is way too small for the space. The yellow makes it even more stark.

Take out the railing and go with a heavier wood or a solid drywall "wall" railing, change the paint to white to match the walls, add some oversive green plants (more slender than wide, but at least 7' and in th ecorner), and then a pictures of the family in wood frames on the walls.

The railing can be varnished or painted wood... if varnished it needs to have a mild grain pattern. The space is too contemporary for a wild and bold wood grain.

Family includes the H2... and the other H2 that "passed on".

This will create an entry way that draws you in... not pushes you out.

My 2 cents.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Hummer Deity

Repulsive! Shipbldr!!!

Okay, you come and change them out. That railing is all on the catwalk and then on the other staircase too.

We are going to hardwood the stairs and other areas eventually and we can do the railing then. But what about now? I need instant gratification.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

wow, I think it looks great!

I am going back to work tomorrow after a 2 week vacation. Kinda bummed.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Deity

This is what it looked like when we moved in this summer. (I just threw that stuff there)
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Hummer Deity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
wow, I think it looks great!

I am going back to work tomorrow after a 2 week vacation. Kinda bummed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever, who is going to be home...changing and feeding and cleaning....

Are you going to still get up at night?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Instant gratification, read you loud and clear.

The big plant looks good. Put it back.
Definitely a big tall painting, or a bigger mirror with a wood frame. That's the only thing in the corner without wood on it. The railing is fine, just contemporary looking. Paint color is okay, but all the other walls and trim are white so it makes it stand out. I like it with white trim,.. looks neat.

In the future, maybe you could make the staircase wider to fill that little space in if you don't like it.
DONT park the car there.

Just an idea. Happy Sunday! Hope you feel better.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I like the iron railing. What about adding a cherry handrail to the top to warm it up? It's a beautiful entry but very white. Yellow in spaces that get alot of natural light can look cold. What about doing a Taupe/Light Mocha color in the entry and on up the stairs. I think that would look beautiful and warm with all the white moldings and wall angles!! I would keep the bombe chest, add a plant and swap the chairs for a bench. Just my 1 3/4 cents worth.
Attached Images

69 Chevelle SS
Old 11-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Hummer Deity

Yes! Thank you ladies!!!!

I think I'll paint it a rich taupe and at pictures. I have been eyeing a bench at this cute little antique shop that would work well. That plant did look good, I had it there for a while but it was one of Kenny's fake bachelor plants and it bothers me. Maybe a tall (real)Ficus.

Once I do the living room across from it I can figure a way to tie everything in.

I have wondered if anyone can add wood to the top of the existing railing- and maybe paint the little circle balck instead of that gold. The Jabronies that lived here before had terrible taste, thank goodness they didn't do much decorating.

Thanks again, it has really been bothering and Kenny and my liberal mother couldn't give me anything to work with. I'll post updates next Sunday.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree about the railing, it looks so....community courthouse-ish. Needs a good maple or cherry wood bullnosed bannister. And put something tall, leafy and green there too, it is so stark with that yellowish tint in the foreground and bright white behind.

I'm done swishing, do what you want.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with the railing is that it is built like a yard fence. Staggered to fit the drop in elevation, it doesn't flow.

Also, that flat upper exhibition space at the landing could use an accenting railing or mantle as well to theme it.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Hummer Deity

Good call on the mantle them GM. That is another project.

The problem with that railing is it is all one piece. - all the way up into the hall to the wall.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The railing is perfect. In response to PartsGuys comment about the drop, it has to due to the way the top of the walls are handled.

One must look at the space with a contemporary eye and I really like the Frank Lloyd Wrightish feel of the railing.

I like where you were going and don't really mind the color but would prefer it to be broken up with some texture like washing some off-white over the yellow or "leathering" the yellow with the off-white to blend.

Personally, I think you were on the right track with doing something stark with that space. Maybe you just aren't done yet.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Hummer Deity

Hey Paragon,

Would you sell me some of your Tits and Ass custom wood furniture?

I love Frank Lloyd Wright. I am just having trouble with my love for traditional furniture and these contemporary spaces I guess. Thanks for the positivity P.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spike:
originally posted by H2CP,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hate this space, anyone have suggestions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Take the furniture out, rip the front door and frame out, make the opening bigger, install overhead door, park "the 2" in there!!

P/S I'm not crazy about the color either! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2
Old 11-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:

Whatever, who is going to be home...changing and feeding and cleaning....

Are you going to still get up at night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife is going to be home all the time for now, I hate to leave. I am going to miss them so much. Lucky for me I work close to home! Yes, I am getting up at night - when there is a bottle...but that is not often - we are doing the natural thing.