H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale
Default after major snow melt and rain, my drivers and passengers front floor is soaked???

We had a ton of snow up in Vancouver (Canada) this year - so much that I did not bother even clearing the snow from my H2 roof (I have a full Gobi rack which makes it much harder). Anyway, I've had about 6" of snow up there for weeks, and just earlier this week we finally got the warmer weather and rain. After a few days of no driving, I came to the truck to find the front floor (on both sides) totally soaked. I pulled off the plastic door sills, and there was 1.5" water throughout.

I obviously got the shopvac and sucked up as much as possible. Though 30 minutes later (no rain or anything), another 1/2" was in the sill area. I think this 2nd water was the carpet liner/mat slowly seeping???

So my question - has anyone else experienced flooding or leaking like this? I checked my weather guards along the doors and they seem fine. Also the headliner is dry (both on the inside roof and sides), and the door plastic inside is dry???

I think it may be the running roof lights (the orange ones on the front).

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm sure prolonged moisture is not a good thing.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: after major snow melt and rain, my drivers and passengers front floor is soaked???

Do you have a sunroof? That could possibly be your leak.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 01-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: after major snow melt and rain, my drivers and passengers front floor is soaked???

I will be willing to to bet it is Roof Marker Lights.
The recommendations here is to remove them on
a warm dry day. Clean them and caulk them and
not use the gaskets.
Good luck to you hope it helps.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 01-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1872650&from=sm#ss1-1872650">Condition/Concern:

Some customers may state there is water leaking from the right or left "A" pillar area. The leak may also be coming from the headliner area.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1872650&from=sm#ss2-1872650">Recommendation/Instructions:

If after normal diagnosis a concern can't be found. Check the following areas and repair as needed.
  1. <LI type=1>Check the roof clearance lamps for being tight and properly sealed. (See PI # PIT3752) <LI type=1>Check for a kinked or plugged sunroof drain. ( See Bulletin 03-08-57-002 )
  2. Remove and replace the roof rack and front corner roof cab lamp and check for an improperly sealed ditch seam.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: after major snow melt and rain, my drivers and passengers front floor is soaked??

I've had experience with a water-logged interior.

Get yourself an electric dehumidifier. IIRC I paid $99 or $109 for one. It removes over 6 pints of moisture a night. The interior was bone dry in 3-4 days.

If you were closer I'd loan you mine.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

After five an half years of experience with two H2s I think there are those that have had wet floor mats and those that will. My 2003 H2 did not have a sunroof like the '06 SUT and it still got water inside. I finally took off all the roof marker lights on the '03 and used silicone seal under them and NEVER had water again. Part of the problem with the '03 was that after I had the Rancho 4 inch lift installed and put on a light bar and gobi rack it wouldn't fit in the garage or in a lot of other covered places, so it was outdoors all the time. The lift affected the driveability in a crosswind on the highway and cornering so much that I decided to stay stock with my '06.
I tried to beat the game with my '06 SUT and took off the roof marker lights and siliconed under them as soon as I bought it and have never had water, but this one fits in the garage, so it is not outside as much.

Hummer, like nothing else

Last edited by HummerMann : 01-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

I havnt had water yet but I here about these stories and I worry. I might have to remove mine and caulk under them. I would assume to use a good RTV sealant. How do the marker lights remove?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

The 2 lights in the corner are held in with a screw.
The middle ones are 1/2 turn twist pull up with tabs
on them.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico001
The 2 lights in the corner are held in with a screw.
The middle ones are 1/2 turn twist pull up with tabs
on them.
~Richard
Thanks, sounds simple enough.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Well, my H2 hasn't stopped flooding. It has been raining everyday, and every 30 minutes (or less) my passenger front carpet is soaked again. I keep shopvaccing to find another 1" of water every 30 minutes. I have bought a dehumidifier, but I first need to solve the leak before it will be effective.

I removed the two front marker lights and found the black rubber plug (with the two elec wires) loose - I thought this was the issue so I cleaned it real good and siliconed it. Now I now it has continued to be wet and the silicone needs time to cure, however it really made little to no difference.

So I removed more plastic trim along the sides, and found where the water is leaking. Look at the picture below - it is the middle circular hole. Does anyone know where this hole leads to? I still think it is the marker lights hole, but need to confirm.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

put a garden hose up on the roof, you'll see where the waters coming from.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Open the sunroof, dump a cup of water in the right side of the forward drip tray. Look for water draing from behind the right front wheel, if it is not draining the sunroof drain hose is plugged or disconnected
Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Hummer Professional

WHOSNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Open the sunroof, dump a cup of water in the right side of the forward drip tray. Look for water draing from behind the right front wheel, if it is not draining the sunroof drain hose is plugged or disconnected

how would you fix that? does the headliner have to come down?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: after major snow melt and rain, my drivers and passengers front floor is soaked??

I just had the same problem, and after checking the marker lights, the windshield, and the sunroof drains, I ended up at the dealership. They told me it was a seal in the front doors. I can't be more specific, but it hasn't leaked since we had all the snow last month. The bill for the troubleshooting and repair was less than $300. It was not covered under my extended warranty.

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

i have a small leak on my driver side oh $hit handle...every time it rains.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain after checking all the normal location on mine it still leaking. driver side had water by left foot rest area turned out to be a bad door seal and a air pocket in the weld in the pillar area. dealer had to take everything apart driver side to find it. passenger side leaks by the grab handle / roof liner having the seals and sun roof drain tub checked again and or replaced. Not covered under warranty and living in Germany its always wet. maybe next item i add is a hot tub.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

is this something that the dealer should look at? is it still warrantied?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road

My Hummer falles into a grey area since it was imported into Germany. GM wont cover every thing under warrenty. Something about taking it out of the good old USA and the dealers in Germany won't cover everything because its not a EU SPEC Hummer.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Hummer Novice

therapy is on a distinguished road

Mine had same problem but only on passenger side. It was coming in from the boot covering the wires from the door to the body. Read that someone else had the exact same prob.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Hummer Novice

therapy is on a distinguished road

Mine had same problem but only on passenger side. It was coming in from the boot covering the wires from the door to the body. Read that someone else had the exact same prob.