H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H1

Old 08-01-2005, 04:11 PM

MBuhrig is off the scale

Hi All,

My sister was nice enough to buy me a $350 detail package for my '97 NA 2 door ExtCab H1 as a very late birthday present.

Against my best judgment it took it in. They did a great job inside and out other than the fact that my Glow plug light went on and did not go back out until the controller burned up the first time I started it.

I have the truck at the dealership now because I could not find the short. Any ideas? They have been going back and forth with Indiana for a week now with no luck.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am assuming it was the detailer pressure washing where he should not have been pressure washing but it could also be dumb luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc
Old 08-01-2005, 04:11 PM

MBuhrig is off the scale

Hi All,

My sister was nice enough to buy me a $350 detail package for my '97 NA 2 door ExtCab H1 as a very late birthday present.

Against my best judgment it took it in. They did a great job inside and out other than the fact that my Glow plug light went on and did not go back out until the controller burned up the first time I started it.

I have the truck at the dealership now because I could not find the short. Any ideas? They have been going back and forth with Indiana for a week now with no luck.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am assuming it was the detailer pressure washing where he should not have been pressure washing but it could also be dumb luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc
Old 08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

I would take apart the main engine wiring harness connector and check for water intrusion. That is the one right in front of the driver window. Then I would check the connector at the controller to the rear of the passenger side valve cover for the same water intrusion. It sounds like that is what happened.

Make sure you use dielectric grease when you reseat the connectors.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts