H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus4s
Don't know the build date but I bought mine in late Feb 06.
Lotus4s ... look at the decal on the drivers side, inside door jamb. The build date is on the upper right hand corner. Fourfour2 and I both have the same build date .. we both have '06's. The groan in my H3 sounds just like fourfour2's also. It could be something inherent to our build date. Please check when you can. If we , we may be able to find the problem. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Build date according to the sticker is 09/05......thanks for that info.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:31 AM
Hummer Guru

lotus4s, well, your build date is not the same as mine or fourfour2's. Ours was built on 6/22/06. It looks like you'll have to go the same route as we did .. and, f5fstop, and have it checked out. Read the posts on this thread .. make a copy of the bulletin regarding this sound closer to the top of this thread and take it with you to the dealer. PLEASE keep us updated as to whatever you find out from your dealer. We're ripping our hair out already for a number of months trying to figure this out. So far, f5fstop has had his fixed.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
No personal remarks. However, they have set up a new tab labeled "BEBE."

WHa????
Old 10-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
WHa????

As of right now I'll probably wait until it gets worse or something else comes up to take it in as it only does it on hard stops, but I will keep you guys/gals posted.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

F5
If its not to much trouble could you see if theres any memos ,bulletins or any complaints on the brakes.

Also Im guessing that the brakes are the same on the 2007.

Hopefully the service reps on the ball and calls me monday with a apointment to see the field rep.
The only fix or repair I would be happy with would be new pads ,new rotors, new calipers.
Im sure they will replace everything or do nothing and continue to say its normal.

Im hoping for the best and will go in with a good attitude ,I might not leave that way. Grrr grrr ...
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Hummer Guru

Good luck, fourfourto. I got new brakes/pads, but the rotors were turned again. But, as you know, my groan is coming back (in more ways than one!) Hope you hear something on Monday.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Hummer Guru

No call from the dealer today I will give them a couple days
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
No call from the dealer today I will give them a couple days
Uhhhh-huhhhh....well, don't wait too long. very frustrating, I know.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Hummer Guru

I called the dealer to see whats up and they told me they left voice mails and emails to the hummer field rep they got no response as of today.
They said they didnt forget about me they will contact me soon,the rep takes a while to get in touch with.

So I will give it time and see what happens when I get to see the field rep(If I ever get to see him)

Why would it take a week to contact a field rep

GRRRr Grrrr
Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Why would it take a week to contact a field rep GRRRr Grrrr

I have no idea..obviously it shouldn't, in my opinion. GM Customer Service told me that they are regional when I complained that I kept getting the same response you just told me. He said he'd look into it. He called me back and said that all the field reps were away for a two week period (meetings?) last June and that was why I had been waiting. However, as you know, I never DID get to talk to the rep who looked at mine. They did it themselves and told me the outcome after the fact.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if they are talking a regional service engineer, there are not enough to go around. Top of my head....twenty to cover the entire country.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Well, if they are talking a regional service engineer, there are not enough to go around. Top of my head....twenty to cover the entire country.
I could be wrong, but I don't think they sent a regional engineer. They kept telling me he/she was a GM field rep. The one who looked at mine was a 'he' and GM Customer Service told me that he was based in the Sacramento area. There were two possible reps who could have looked at mine .. so that means there were at least two who rotate S. California. After talking to my serv. mgr, he found out which one looked at my H3. Maybe fourfourto will get a service engineer!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

In 442's neighborhood, I know three of the regional service engineers (maybe four), who I worked with for many years. So, 442 if you get one out there, give me his name.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Thanks F5 If I get his name and email add before going in I will PM you it.
I was thinking of emailing rep the sound files also before meeting with him.
When I hear from the dealer Ill try to get that info from them.
If I dont hear from the dealer by monday I will give them another call and try to get name and email of rep.

For now a temporary fix is keep the radio on feather the brake and live with the GRRRr Grrr
Old 10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
In 442's neighborhood, I know three of the regional service engineers (maybe four), who I worked with for many years. So, 442 if you get one out there, give me his name.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnn .... now you have an 'in', fourfourto!! Well, at least, I'll get to hear what the problem is from you once they figure it out, then take it from here MYSELF! ()
Old 10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Its tuesday I just called the dealer they didnt get a call back yet from field rep(said they think hes on vacation )
They will try again today .They wouldnt let me know his name(they said the reps dont like to give there names out )
If I dont hear from them by friday I will call hummer assistance and see what they can do on monday

The dealer said there not sure what the rep could do since there is no fix to the problem yet.I told them something has to be done I cant live with the noise

There has to be a record or something with the brakes since others have the same problems.
Any Idea's ?

GRRR Grrr
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Well, you could do what I did the first two separate times I began hearing it in mine. When they said they didn't know what it was .. I handed them the keys and told them I would not drive it .. I thought it could be a safety risk. They said they were 'pretty sure' it would be okay to drive. "Pretty sure' made me feel uneasy. So, I took a loaner. They fixed the noise for 2 weeks .. and then it went back again. I asked for the loaner again. That was MY beginning to all of this. They didn't like it sitting there since GM gets the bill for the loaner. Finally, it was during that down time at the dealer that the field rep had shown up.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,

today for the first time i heard the sound, but i got two different sounds.

I have one where it groans rite before the truck stops during a hard brake. I think thats normal, just the brakes slipping maybe not, but thats not what im concerned with.

The second sound comes rite after the truck stops and as the rear end drops down. Its not too loud and it has a ratchet type sound. I also have the exact same sound when i shift from park into drive/reverse.

f5fstop, does the transfer case one sound more like the first or second i described? Did you also have the sound when shifting park to drive/reverse?
did your sound occur as the rear end drops after hard braking or as it stops.

im gona see my dealer soon, but from what i've been reading around here about this sound, im gona get ready for some hard headed bs.

thanks!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Does it sound like the video / sound file I listed on this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
hey,

today for the first time i heard the sound, but i got two different sounds.

I have one where it groans rite before the truck stops during a hard brake. I think thats normal, just the brakes slipping maybe not, but thats not what im concerned with.

The second sound comes rite after the truck stops and as the rear end drops down. Its not too loud and it has a ratchet type sound. I also have the exact same sound when i shift from park into drive/reverse.

f5fstop, does the transfer case one sound more like the first or second i described? Did you also have the sound when shifting park to drive/reverse?
did your sound occur as the rear end drops after hard braking or as it stops.

im gona see my dealer soon, but from what i've been reading around here about this sound, im gona get ready for some hard headed bs.

thanks!