H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-16-2005, 03:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I'm in the market for a 2003 H2. I live in Vancouver BC and plan to import from the US. Here in Canada, one with 30,000 miles (or 50k kms) sells for $51k cdn or $41k us. In the US, an equivalent H2 sells for about $35k US (at least $6k cheaper).

Anyone import one into Canada? Were there any modifications that had to happen to certify it as a Canadian vehicle? I have imported my 1999 Indian Chief from the US and it was a piece of cake. I'm hoping a H2 will be as simple.

By the way, why the @#$% are H2, Indian m/c and almost every other rare or upper class vehicle SO much cheaper in the US than in Canada? I guess it is the supply/demand rule at work. Though really makes it a pain in the ass to get a good deal like you guys in the US get every day.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 03:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I'm in the market for a 2003 H2. I live in Vancouver BC and plan to import from the US. Here in Canada, one with 30,000 miles (or 50k kms) sells for $51k cdn or $41k us. In the US, an equivalent H2 sells for about $35k US (at least $6k cheaper).

Anyone import one into Canada? Were there any modifications that had to happen to certify it as a Canadian vehicle? I have imported my 1999 Indian Chief from the US and it was a piece of cake. I'm hoping a H2 will be as simple.

By the way, why the @#$% are H2, Indian m/c and almost every other rare or upper class vehicle SO much cheaper in the US than in Canada? I guess it is the supply/demand rule at work. Though really makes it a pain in the ass to get a good deal like you guys in the US get every day.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 04:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

It's Mr Freak to you pee pee boy.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Black 05 is off the scale

I am also in Canada and would like to import a 2005 Corvette.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

knock-knock

Anyone know of any other good H2 forums? I want info on importing and obvisouly no one here has ever dealt with it. Before I buy one from the US, I want to know of all the obstacles. After all, its not like I'm just importig some smokes or beer - this is a big purchase.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

DRZDuke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone import a h2 from US to Canada??

Go to this website www.riv.ca it tells you almost everything that you need to know about impoting from the U.S.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, this thread is almost 3 years old??
Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBob
Dude, this thread is almost 3 years old??

haha

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rhyno is off the scale

I will answer the 3 year old question!!! Haha. I just imported a 06 H2 L.E. It is VERY easy. after you cross the border with it, you take it to Canadian Tire and they make it so your DRL's stay on all the time (cost $60). That is the only MOD you have to do. My truck was $20,000 cheaper in the USA!!
-20" Rockstar wheels
-MagnaCharger S/C
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

Hey,
From one Canadian to another, why don't you forget about importing a H2 into Canada and export yourself to the US.......cheaper and a lot more worth it down the road.

I think you'll have to pay Duty on the Hummer.....unless you have a relative in the US, then you can get away with a gift.....no duty.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>First problem is you're in BC. Everyone knows that's trouble. For the most part, nothing but freaks live there.

Second, Yes. One or two on the forum have imported there. And yes, they are freaks.

As far as Indian's and HUMMER's being cheaper here, well, they're made here. And you all are freaks.

Just ask your BC buddy aboot it, eh... Damn freaks...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, I don't know... maybe it's because there has to be a way to offset that "free" healthcare you guys are always bragging aboot. LMAO!!! Someday people will understand that there's no such thing as a free lunch or free healthcare.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

From one freak to the another, I see I will fit in perfectly here.

Ah, I know our "free" health system aint perfect, though I and my family (wify and 3 boys) haven't had any probs so far so I don't care. Plus houses don't require you to sell your limbs either like some states in the US. Isn't selling limbs legal in the US?

I do care though how much more nice **** costs here in Canada. I don't mind spending money and buying nice stuff (I rather like it), though I can't stand being screwed (unless it is by a hot babe of course). I will save at least 10k$ CDN by importing.

So, it sounds like others have done the import thing. Can anyone share the experience - were there any mods needed to certify as a Canadian vehicle? The only mods I can image that may be necessary are exhaust and possibly lighting (in Canada, all vehicles must have daylight running lights on 100% of the time which I believe is not mandatory in the US).

Thanks
Old 02-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

iccon is on a distinguished road

I have one for sale 03 h2 $8000 in extras new tires DVD
$32500.00 abbotsford email for pics
vince@apexcarts.com