Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2003, 12:51 AM

h2? is off the scale

this post hits the nail on the head. for those that wheel, craniac etc etc. good to go. for those that don't, relax. it's ok. you are secure in your image only world. as long as you like who you see in the mirror, thats all that matters. most of the h2 owners i have met are cool. i helped a h2 guy about a month ago. The h2 owners on this board want to flame jeepers for god knows why. the real test of a man is not what he drives or his place in society, it is wether they are down to earth enough to lend a hand to anyone, anywhere, anytime. chew on that. semper fi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brrrrrrrrr:
For the most part, I can't speak for everyone, we'd love to go wheeling with you guys, but I have never seen an H2 offroad and the H2 Owners I have approached about this look at me like I am crazy.

I'm sure some of you do take your H2s offroad, and yes there are jeeps that never go off road, but for something that has been labeled as the ultimate off road machine you'd think more people would be wheeling them .... except the people bought them for the image only.

It's these "image only" people that bother us/me. These are usually the arrogant people that will "drive over curbs to avoid traffic" (quoted items paraphrase things from your album page) and these same people are usually the ones that will argue to no end about how capable their H2 is and how bad a Jeep/chevy/yota is. I myself, don't buy a vehicle for the "looks people give me", or so that I can "pull up next to other vehicles and smile at them". Just as I would laugh at the lack of maturity in these acts should a Jeeper do them I do so towards anyone else, including H2 owners.

I think there are a lot of H2 owners that give those of you that bought the vehicle and really use it, a bad name. Unfortunately there are a lot, a whole lot of people that got their h2s to make a statement ... If you need a vehicle to let the world know who you are then you aren't much of anyone in my book.

I also think a lot of people have problems with seeing how a vehicle that heavy, with the limited articulation that it's IFS has, and large turning radius can go down a trail and not damage it. Having never seen one on the trail I can't comment about this myself, just want to fill you guys in. And I do feel for you on this level coming from owning a large vehicle before my Jeep.

I don't want to get into how/why I think a stock Jeep will out wheel an H2, unless you want to, but remember that a stock jeep costs a lot less than an H2. Consider the Jeep you would be "up against" if I went out and spent as much on it as you folks did for your vehicle alone.

For those that actually do take your H2 off road I commend you, but most people will still think poorly of you because you are trashing a 50 grand vehicle, which to most people makes you look really wasteful .

I invite you to let me know next time any of you want to go in my neck of the woods...

OH, I'd love a link to the H2 wheeling movies you have too.

edit - Oh and I don't remember anyone saying that they were going to actually vandalize any vehicles on that thread. I hope that if they said it it was in Jest, but then again I see some of your members feel quite happy that one of us would have our vehicle vandalized. Like I said, it's these types of people that will give the rest of you a bad rep...

http://www.2bbdelta.org

[This message was edited by brrrrrrrrr on 07-28-03 at 05:05 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>