Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > HUMMER Dealers

Old 08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale
Thumbs down Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

Wow, here to report yet another bad experience at Sutliff. Apparently, their only decent sales person left for a managment position elswhere (I certainly don't blame him). Must be a sign of the condition of things up there.

Anyway, I contacted M. G., said I was ready to go on a purchase, get me the info. Well, two hours later, still no exact figures on the payments, and a refusal to discuss anything! "Don't worry buddy, we'll get it all taken care of when you arrive." I guess they expected me to just come in the door after driving over an hour, and sign away... That's just stupid. There's no way anyone should have to blindly go into the dealership, and then wait until the last moment for the final figures. It's quite a pressured sales technique. I complained about it on the phone, and he told me to go elsewhere and hung up! Wow, that was really ignorant... Also, I received quite a bit of resistance towards my GMID number. Thankfully, I refused to share it with them... And I dislike their addition of extras at the dealership that they refuse to remove. I made it clear the sissy chrome steps were not something I wanted. He said they'd talk about taking them off, and then when I called back, he told me that he thought I was unsure so didn't ask about it.

Anyway, I CANNOT recommend this dealership to anyone in Central PA. Service is always slow, the waiting area uncomfortable, the loaners are not Hummers or even Caddy's, and the sales department is the least customer oriented place I have ever experienced. You're probably better off visiting your local Caddy or Chevy dealer for routine things like oil changes, and visiting the dealer only when you need warranty work done. Even then, you might as well just travel to Scott, or NuCar. Armen might be better now, but during my last visit (before their new dealership, which is being built now?) the service was not so good. As a stand alone, perhaps things will improve there.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

The manager J.S. forwarded me on to R.F. to assist with an attempted purchase. They were very slow in responding to questions, and I quickly felt they were not interested in my business.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

IBHUMIN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

Hey Aubs, I just finished reading your posts and it sounds like you are not satisfied with anything! I don't know why you keep Knocking Sutliff, they are great up there! I bought my H2 SUT from them back in August 2004 and still deal with the parts guy, the service guy and always talk to everyone up there. I test drove one of the H2's almost 6 months before I considered buying mine and the salesman remembered me when I came back to say I decided to buy one. Now, how many other dealerships would remember someone 6 months later???? I go to every off-road event Sutliff has, I feel like I am a member of their family. Everytime I go there to have service done or more bling put on, everyone that works there takes time out to come and talk to me and ask me how I am doing!!! Don't knock Chuck either, he is a great service guy!!!

2005 White H2 SUT with 20" chrome wheels and Mud Grapplers. All the chrome I think you can get for it! STill looking for a slant back though!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale
Default Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

If you notice, I'm not the only one with negative experiences. Personally, I think they probably do not want my business because:
1. I'm frugal, and refuse to be fleeced by a dealer on the purchase of a new vehicle
2. I won't buy the overpriced parts and accesories through the service department
3. I expect stellar service on a $60,000 vehicle which should include at least an H3 or Cadillac for transport while I'm waiting, especially if it's going to be a few hours...

Last edited by Aubs : 08-22-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubs
If you notice, I'm not the only one with negative experiences. Personally, I think they probably do not want my business because:
1. I'm frugal, and refuse to be fleeced by a dealer on the purchase of a new vehicle
2. I won't buy the overpriced parts and accesories through the service department
3. I expect stellar service on a $60,000 vehicle which should include at least an H3 or Cadillac for transport while I'm waiting, especially if it's going to be a few hours...

I can't speak for the sales guys, but I can speak for their parts dept. there. THey are the cheapest around...even after shipping.

Service is a matter of communication and following through.

I don't know of one HUMMER dealer that gives you a loaner HUMMER as a rental unless you are on their "perfered list." And even if you're not on their prefered list, you should still be in something nice... I bet if you plan ahead and ask for somthing nice, they'd try their best to get it. I have yet to end up in some $hitbox when my truck is in for service. MY last two loaners were Caddy's.

If you have a GMID cert in hand, figure it out before you go in there. If you're considering a new ride, you know what they cost already. Tell the sales MANAGER that you have a cert. in hand. If your'e still thinking of an H1, you can shred that GMID cert. They don't count for the H1's.

I think your #2 comment is crap!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Aubs, frugality has an art to it. Otherwise you'll be perceived as a cheap bugger, a bottom feeder, and just generally unpleasant. A business/dealership that is solid and established will NOT bend over backwards to get your dollar.

Bottom line pricing is never given on the phone in my experience. The "come on down, we can do $1000 less" is NOT bottom line nego -- just a way to get you to stop by, since you're a MUCH better candidate for a customer when you actually bother to drive (the 1 hour or so) down and be there in person.

Service quality is absolutely important. But loaners to me is not. Here in SoCal, I have NEVER received another H2 loaner. Did get a H3 a couple of times, but otherwise, it's whatever best vehicle Enterprise has at the moment, since Enterprise is the loaner subcontractor for my dealer. Get over it, it's just for a few days.

As far as parts prices are concerned, I don't know about on-site prices, but Partsguy on this forum is simply OUTSTANDING. Perhaps you'll be better off pm'ing him seperately for parts you need rather than stopping by the dealership.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

PartsGuy ROCKS, Aubs. Seriously, did you piss everyone off up there?

I was in need of something and POOFF, it arrived from PartsGuy in a day.

Don't know anything else about the dealership, but PG kicks arse.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Finally
Aubs, frugality has an art to it. Otherwise you'll be perceived as a cheap bugger, a bottom feeder, and just generally unpleasant. A business/dealership that is solid and established will NOT bend over backwards to get your dollar.
X2 I lose money at poker to them, but crack a discount whenever I need something.

Plus I talk nice about the GREAT TEAM AT HALL HUMMER in Virginia Beach, 757-498-2300 ask for Chuck and tell him KEN sent you, all the time.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
If you notice, I'm not the only one with negative experiences.
No, you are the only one that's negative
Old 08-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Plus I talk nice about the GREAT TEAM AT HALL HUMMER in Virginia Beach, 757-498-2300 ask for Chuck and tell him KEN sent you, all the time.
Dealer-whipped.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

IBHUMIN is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess that goes to show you that it must be YOUR attitude AUBS and not the dealerships! Why don't you try to step down a notch off your pedastool and join the rest of us and be civilized and you might just get some extras in life!!! to Sutliff for their excellent service!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale

Quote:

Aubs, Aubs, Aubs!

Can't you see what has happened to you???

1. You do understand of course you are NOT Sutliff's "customer" ...you ARE the "customer" of that Dealer you went out of you way to buy it from ...Sutliff's COMPETITOR!

2. You now want Sutliff's Parts Dept. to cut you special deals on parts & accessories for the Hum-hoe you bought from their COMPETITOR!

3. You now have problems with that Hum-hoe you bought from their COMPETITOR, but come crawling to Sutliff's Service Dept. and expect them to give you the same "Red Carpet Treatment" they give to THEIR Customers!

In the car biz what is happening to YOU is referred to as "slow-walking" someone! Wanna guess why they are??? Got the big picture now Aubs???
Old 09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

EXH1X5, your post is rediculous. Every client is a potential customer. Treating a client as someone less special based on his/her previous place of purchase is stupid. Every client, regardless of sex, religion, race, orientation, height, girth should be treated like everyone else, because every client could be a customer. I feel bad for you EXH1X5. I know you usually have intelligent posts, but this is not one of them. Your old school thought on customer relations is dead in today's market. There are simply too many brands, dealerships, and competitors. There's no room for the "take it or leave it" mentality.

And FYI, I know Aubs did buy his H2 AT Sutliff, at STICKER. Your comment with your silly, jumpy smilies is completely unjustified.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
EXH1X5, your post is rediculous. Every client is a potential customer. Treating a client as someone less special based on his/her previous place of purchase is stupid. Every client, regardless of sex, religion, race, orientation, height, girth should be treated like everyone else, because every client could be a customer. I feel bad for you EXH1X5. I know you usually have intelligent posts, but this is not one of them. Your old school thought on customer relations is dead in today's market. There are simply too many brands, dealerships, and competitors. There's no room for the "take it or leave it" mentality.

And FYI, I know Aubs did buy his H2 AT Sutliff, at STICKER. Your comment with your silly, jumpy smilies is completely unjustified.

Oooops, you forgot the ...AMEN... at the end of your sermon!

Now take a running jump into the REAL WORLD!

IF?you had to make peace between as many HUMMER Dealers and HUMMER Owners as I have had to over the years, you'd know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! (dang, there goes those silly, jumping smiles again...how did you say you turn them off?)
Old 09-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Hummer Authority

You're a moron. Go take some real world seminars held by the leading consulting company for the automotive industry, and then reevaluate your position with your clients. I guarantee you'll be surprised at what you're missing. I'm not preaching, I'm just telling you what the current accepted practice is. What's good for the dealership, the customer, and the client. Maybe you need to dust off your schoolbooks? Or perhaps buy some new ones...
Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale

[quote=BlueHUMMERH2] EXH1X5, your post is rediculous [or did you mean ridiculous?]. Every client is [supposed to be anyway] a potential customer. Treating a client as someone less special based on his/her previous place of purchase is stupid [but it does happens]. Every client, regardless of sex, religion, race, orientation, height, girth should be [you mean... they aren’t?] treated like everyone else, because every client could be [you mean …SHOULD BE?] a customer. I feel bad for you EXH1X5 [be assured the felling is mutual]. I know you usually have intelligent posts [I’ve never been accused of that], but this is not one of them. Your old school thought on customer relations is dead [or at least it should be] in today's market. There are simply too many brands, dealerships, and competitors. There's no room for the "take it or leave it" mentality. [Oh, don’t stop there; we want to read the rest of SUTLIFF’s Mission Statement?]

So then YOU are trying to tell all of us reading this that My Buddy Aubs complaints are COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED …is that what YOU want us all to believe???

I SAY NO TO YOU!!!

Aubs knows exactly how HE feels about the way HE has been treated by SUTLIFF …but until I explained it to him, HE just couldn't understand “WHY”!!!/quote]

NOTE: Edits/corrections/comments in BOLD are by EXH1X5; those silly, jumpy smilies are by ElcovaForums

Last edited by EXH1X5 : 09-20-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Hummer Authority

[quote=EXH1X5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
EXH1X5, your post is rediculous [or did you mean ridiculous?].

Thank you for correcting that.

Every client is [supposed to be anyway] a potential customer.
Treating a client as someone less special based on his/her previous place of purchase is stupid [but it does happens].

Which you were just so vehemently justifying earlier?

Every client, regardless of sex, religion, race, orientation, height, girth should be [you mean... they aren’t?] treated like everyone else, because every client could be [you mean …SHOULD BE?] a customer.

I don't understand you. You just contridicted yourself. You supported a customer being treated differently based on his place of purchase. Obviously, you put Aubs the category of "could be" or maybe "isn't".

I feel bad for you EXH1X5 [be assured the felling is mutual].

Excellent. I enjoy the pity you have have in your feelings for me. OH!, maybe "felling" should be spelled "feeling." No?

I know you usually have intelligent posts [I’ve never been accused of that], but this is not one of them.

I do respect your previous posts.

Your old school thought on customer relations is dead [or at least it should be] in today's market.

It is dead. That's no longer what over 80% of auto dealerships want from their employees.

There are simply too many brands, dealerships, and competitors. There's no room for the "take it or leave it" mentality. [Oh, don’t stop there; we want to read the rest of SUTLIFF’s Mission Statement?]

Sutliff's mission statement is probably not even within viewing distance of any employee under their employment.

So then YOU are trying to tell all of us reading this that My Buddy. Aubs complaints are COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED …is that what YOU want us all to believe???

No, you're comments are completely unfounded EXH1X5. You're assessing a situation, and presenting facts that are completely inaccurate.

I SAY NO TO YOU!!!

I say no to drugs too. You might try it.

Aubs knows exactly how HE feels about the way HE has been treated by SUTLIFF …but until I explained it to him, HE just couldn't understand “WHY”!!!/quote]

I think he has an excellent idea about why he's being treated that way. It's a mentality. So he now goes somewhere else. For his purchasing and for his maintenance. So I guess Sutliff lost out on that one. No money coming in on future sales (no way to generate a future sale from Aubs), and no money coming in on maintenance work.

NOTE: Edits/corrections/comments in BOLD are by EXH1X5; those silly, jumpy smilies are by ElcovaForums

Have you nothing else to do with your life? Go post something useful for us. I suspect if this needs to be continued, it has to enter the realm of PM's. You've presented your points, which I've countered, and this debate is no longer such much about Sutliff as it is about EXH1X5 vs. BlueHUMMERH2.

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 09-20-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Why wait, I was the first guy to say Sutliff sucked as far as their salesman, and this was verified by a friend who went so far as to drive 200 miles to buy his hummer from Wright because of their salesman Todd. I have never been told ever to come back later it is close to closing until I went there.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

[quote=BlueHUMMERH2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXH1X5

Have you nothing else to do with your life? Go post something useful for us. I suspect if this needs to be continued, it has to enter the realm of PM's. You've presented your points, which I've countered, and this debate is no longer such much about Sutliff as it is about EXH1X5 vs. BlueHUMMERH2.
Did your daddy buy you your hummer while you were wearing tiger stripe panties?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Finally
Aubs, you a bottom feeder, and just generally unpleasant. A business/dealership that is solid and established will NOT bend over backwards to get your dollar.

Bottom line pricing is never given on the phone in my experience. The "come on down, we can do $1000 less" is NOT bottom line nego -- just a way to get you to stop by, since you're a MUCH better candidate for a customer when you actually bother to drive (the 1 hour or so) down and be there in person.

Service quality is absolutely important. But loaners to me is not. Here in SoCal, I have NEVER received another H2 loaner. Did get a H3 a couple of times, but otherwise, it's whatever best vehicle Enterprise has at the moment, since Enterprise is the loaner subcontractor for my dealer. Get over it, it's just for a few days.

As far as parts prices are concerned, I don't know about on-site prices, but Partsguy on this forum is simply OUTSTANDING. Perhaps you'll be better off pm'ing him seperately for parts you need rather than stopping by the dealership.
I agree, but leave partsguy out of this. He really doesn't need this fruit on his table.