H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone ever use this guy before?

I was looking around to have my speedo fixed (says I am doing 120 mph even when I am standing still.... wow those Hummers are fast!!), when I stumbled onto this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-GM-H2-H... 48182&vxp=mtr

Please understand I have nothing to do with him and I am not currently endorsing him in any way. I am asking personally if anyone else has dealings with him because I was personally thinking of sending my cluster out.
Figured if anyone had any experience with him then I would feel more comfortable about it.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone ever use this guy before?

It's really completely simple to solder in new stepper motors yourself. There's youtube vids all over the place and the parts are dirt cheap!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 AM

Lojac,
I understand that, I also heard if you make a mistake you can mess up the board.... and lastly I heard that all the parts (motors and led lights) cost about 50 bucks.... so If this guy is willing to do it for 50 dollars and he has the experience then really the only labor price involved would be the shipping.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

I did it myself about a year ago.Easy to do, I didn't change them all though. Changed out the speedo only. Check on Ebay, I bought the whole kit on there. I came with soldering iron,solder,the newer stepper motors for all of your gauges and also instructions. I think the problem would be trying to use a soldering iron that gets too hot. The solder that comes with kit is really thin and not as thick as your normal Radio Shack solder. If you search for this kit you should be fine. After doing mine myself I even thought of making money myself by doing it for others like you see everyone advertising on Ebay. These guys are making a killing. Search Monster Gauge cluster on Ebay, I think that cluster is Bad a55 but not willing to spend that much for it, it comes in Green and Orange. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

Right, you can buy individual motors for less than $5. Not to mention if you send your entire cluster in you are without your vehicle. Also if you trust an extremely high price cluster to some guy working out of his garage go for it. Me.....not in this life time.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
I was looking around to have my speedo fixed (says I am doing 120 mph even when I am standing still.... wow those Hummers are fast!!), when I stumbled onto this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-GM-H2-H... 48182&vxp=mtr

Please understand I have nothing to do with him and I am not currently endorsing him in any way. I am asking personally if anyone else has dealings with him because I was personally thinking of sending my cluster out.
Figured if anyone had any experience with him then I would feel more comfortable about it.

I think for the price for you could not get a better deal,,, we are going to do it soon so I will post how it turns out. ~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors

Last edited by Rico001 : 06-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:27 AM

Thanks Richard,
Yeah this is way down on my to do's so thats why I am not rushing to get it down, just planning.
And you are right.... by the time you figure out the costs and such, it is almost labor free.
(of course I am sure he does make money since I would think he probably gets the motors and lights in bulk)

Let me know
Thanks
Old 06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

wasp1971 is on a distinguished road

I had two 2003 Suburbans that the speedos went out on. I don't remember if it was this particular guy I sent them to but it was the same process. It all went very smoothly, I think I had him put a white face on one of my clusters. Anyway, it was all pretty legit. Good luck
Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Rich, or anyone...
Have any success?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
Rich, or anyone...
Have any success?

We are going to do ours this fall and will update after ~Rich
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors