H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

MARKCORE is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SCAMMED by Humdingah!!!!!

Humdingah

or

Daniel J. McGuire
Sr. Platform Architect, VoIP and Security
NICE Systems Inc. United States
"Helping customers, both internal and external,in the most efficient and effective manner possible"
(T) +1 (303) 886-3462
(F) +1 (720) 264-4011
dan.mcguire@nice.com www.nice.com

***This all seems bogus too. No one ever answers that number***

I "bought" a 3rd row seat from him for $300 which he never shipped. Tried to dispute this with PayPal since I paid him that way but he pushed me out past their 45 day policy. My bank is working on something, so there is still hope I'll get something back.

Just wanted to warn anyone else thinking about dealing with him.

Edit: Pictures of email traffic...

Last edited by MARKCORE : 07-10-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCAMMED by Humdingah!!!!!

That sucks... Thanks for the heads up!

What's his story? I see him around here.....

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights
Optima Red Top w/ Priority Start Cut Off Mod
Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

MARKCORE: Sorry to hear about your difficulty; I would hope that there is a logical explanation for the delay.

I can honestly say that I've dealt with Humdingah on at least one occasion and had a smooth transaction.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

As I mentioned in my other post:

I haven't replied to your e-mails? I've replied each and every time you've e-mailed me and have kept copies of all e-mails. I've let you know when I've been out of town on business, when the first freight company didn't come for a scheduled pickup while I was in Israel for two weeks and my wife had to drag the seat back in the house, I rescheduled with a second freight company and offered to refund $100 of your original $300 purchase in good faith with me eating all shipping costs on the seat (which means you essentially got it for $150) and you have my cell phone number, my work e-mail and the company I work for (as you confirmed above and the number doesn't work if I travel internationally and I have yet to get a voice mail from you).

Tell you what...you'll have your tracking number when I get back in town on Tuesday (since I'm still in Oregon as I mentioned in my last e-mail) and when you get the seat you can check it out, let me know if you're happy with it and I'll refund EVERYTHING you paid less my shipping costs.

That's a hell of a scam I'm running, isn't it? And I'm sure the 8 or 10 other members on here that I've sold to will tell you what a crook I am too.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

I tried to attach screen shots of my inbox showing the several emails you haven't replied to, but the images were too large. I'll post them tonight from the MWR tent where I can get to photobucket.

My wife and I both have called your number many times. As for the no voicemails, when called it says your voicemail has not been setup.

I paid for this seat on April 26 2012... it's JULY 10th!!!! Thats 75 days Am I supposed to think that you're a stand up guy and you will infact ship the seat? ...after 75 days?
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
Hummer Expert

Sh.t happens, but 75 days of Sh.t?

Hearing both stories I gotta take Marks side here....

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
Corvette Servo
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

**Email traffic added to first post.

Guess I should have known when the craigslist ad was from "Blake Taylor bdmcg09@yahoo.com" and he reffered to himself as "Dan" it wasn't going to go well.

Last edited by MARKCORE : 07-10-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

KTM640Dakar is on a distinguished road

Looks to me like Dan Mcguire is a scammer. Pay back the money Dan!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Humdingah is a Elcova forum member since 2005 and I'm sure that you aren't getting scammed! It really sucks it has taken so long but sometimes **** happens as Humdingah mentioned.
IMO I think you should take down all that personal information you posted. It sounds like you're getting 1 hell of a deal on that seat!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ H2
Humdingah is a Elcova forum member since 2005 and I'm sure that you aren't getting scammed! It really sucks it has taken so long but sometimes **** happens as Humdingah mentioned.
IMO I think you should take down all that personal information you posted. It sounds like you're getting 1 hell of a deal on that seat!

WHAT SEAT? I don't have a seat. I am out $300...
Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

Mark,
I want you to realize that I am neither on your side or Humdingah's side. I dont know Humdingah nor do I know you, I am just trying to be the voice of some reason here.
You have to consider the following.

You are pissed because you bought a seat and havent received it yet.
Ok, I understand. I have been there before (not by anyone on this forum, just saying), and I been on the sellers side before too

Here is the issues

Is Humdingah wrong, yes.... but to a point. Sure, you buy something you expect it to ship and arrive in a reasonable amount of time. 75 days is a long time and I would be upset too. Based on what I read, it looks like Dan or Humdingah didnt account for the way it needs to be shipped or the cost of the shipping (if he didnt you got one hell of a deal). Does that matter? No, but again you should consider it.
Should you forgive the delay, no but should there be some understanding yes. Dan isnt a business (as far as I can tell), he is just a normal guy looking to unload something. He has a job and a life outside of servicing you. If he worked for a dealership that sold seats all day long, that would be a different story. I have bought things online because the price is so cheap, only to find out that the reason why is because it is coming directly from China. So I make consideration that the item is cheaper because of the fact that I am not getting it immediately. I am sure if you werent searching for price you would have just ordered a new one. Right?

I think you need to realize the seat is HEAVY!!
So you cant just ship that via UPS. They wont take it so it has to be freight shipped. For a normal person, it is hard to find and setup shipping through freight companies. Usually they want big shipments with lots of dollars.
Trust me, I shipped a Vette convertible top and it took me months because of the way UPS wanted it packaged then they wouldnt accept it, then having to find a shipping company and so on. Given I was also traveling for my job too which cause some delays, but I was like Dan keeping in constant contact with the buyer. Sometimes things happen, and though my buyer wasnt happy with the time he was with the product and in fact stood up for me after all was finished.

Ok, so you are stating you havent gotten the seat yet. Yes, BUT!!! you also have been talking to Humdingah and he is still responding on the forum and in emails (as I see the last response to a private email you posted is 03 Jul). In fact he publicly stated in the forum you will get that seat for free. That pretty bold.
I mean hell if he is going to do business like that, I wouldnt mind him selling me his Hummer.

All I am saying is Humdingah is trying to do all he can to make it right on the forum, and you are trying to do all you can to get your seat from a forum member.

So lets not bash one person because of time and technical issues
I am sure he is trying.
Just like I am sure you are trying to be patient.
The main thing is he didnt "take the money and run" as you are stating.
Realize, some people have more to loose on a public forum then a few bucks.
Now if Dan joined, posted a couple times and then sold you a seat I would understand the nervousness of the purchase.
Hopefully once you receive the seat you will publicly retract statements, and if you dont then of course they have the right to stand

Just my two cents.
Hope all works out for both.

(and Dan, if you wanna sell me your truck for shipping..... I would gamble on that) :-)
Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
All I am saying is Humdingah is trying to do all he can to make it right on the forum, and you are trying to do all you can to get your seat from a forum member.

So lets not bash one person because of time and technical issues
I am sure he is trying.
Just like I am sure you are trying to be patient.
The main thing is he didnt "take the money and run" as you are stating.
Realize, some people have more to loose on a public forum then a few bucks.
Now if Dan joined, posted a couple times and then sold you a seat I would understand the nervousness of the purchase.
Hopefully once you receive the seat you will publicly retract statements, and if you dont then of course they have the right to stand

Just my two cents.
Hope all works out for both.

(and Dan, if you wanna sell me your truck for shipping..... I would gamble on that) :-)

I see your point, but want to comment on what you said, "you also have been talking to Humdingah and he is still responding on the forum and in emails". I haven't heard from him in 7 days. Only until I tracked him down on here did I hear from him. I have sold MANY things on forums. I use the same user name on every forum I am on. I treat those transactions like a professional and with integrity. Bad on me for expecting the same in return I guess.

As for shipping a heavy seat... yeah I've done that too. Check for my screen name on SVTPerformance.com. Sold a set of seats there. Once I was paid, I sent them out.

If in fact "Dan" isn't a scammer, then I appologize. Hard to think other wise due to the nature of this transaction.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

VegasMike is on a distinguished road

If the seller wasn't prepared to sell the item, perhaps he should have waited to sell it until he knew what he was getting into?

A friend of mine recently bought a go-kart from someone in Florida who got it ready for shipping, and had it shipped within two days of my friend paying for it. Five days later it arrived at his house.

We are years removed from the pony express, there are tons of options when it comes to shipping something, the seller could have simply grabbed a wood pallet from behind any big store, strapped the seat to it, and called FedEX freight. They would have even went to him to pick it up. That doesn't take 75 days.

I also travel for work, so if I know I'm going to be traveling, I certainly don't start making arrangements for activities I won't be able to handle.

To me it sounds like the seller has just been lazy in getting the item ready for shipping, and then actually shipped.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMike
If the seller wasn't prepared to sell the item, perhaps he should have waited to sell it until he knew what he was getting into?

A friend of mine recently bought a go-kart from someone in Florida who got it ready for shipping, and had it shipped within two days of my friend paying for it. Five days later it arrived at his house.

We are years removed from the pony express, there are tons of options when it comes to shipping something, the seller could have simply grabbed a wood pallet from behind any big store, strapped the seat to it, and called FedEX freight. They would have even went to him to pick it up. That doesn't take 75 days.

I also travel for work, so if I know I'm going to be traveling, I certainly don't start making arrangements for activities I won't be able to handle.

To me it sounds like the seller has just been lazy in getting the item ready for shipping, and then actually shipped.

I've sold over 30k in parts on forums, including complete jetskis that had to be crated, covered, and transported to the shipping company all while working and living life. It's called courtesy. If seller doesn't have time just refund the money,, since he was asked to. That simple....

FYI I shipped my 3rd row seat yesterday, via UPS, across the country for just over 90 dollars. The UPS store boxed it up for me @ a cost of 20.00. It literally took 30 minutes total of my time.

1) Get shipping address
2) Drive seat to store
3) Get quote while at store
4) Leave seat at store. It gets boxed up. Wait for buyer funds. Call store and pay to have shipped. Forward email from store to buyer so he has tracking number etc..

The buyer who paid for one seat 75 days ago offered to buy mine at asking price. That was yesterday, 7/9.

I don't tink Mark cares about a free seat. I think he just wants a seat.

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
Corvette Servo
Viper Smart Start
iPod/Video Interface
HID Head and Fog Lights

Last edited by pdxrealtor : 07-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah

Tell you what...you'll have your tracking number when I get back in town on Tuesday (since I'm still in Oregon as I mentioned in my last e-mail) and when you get the seat you can check it out, let me know if you're happy with it and I'll refund EVERYTHING you paid less my shipping costs.

That's a hell of a scam I'm running, isn't it? And I'm sure the 8 or 10 other members on here that I've sold to will tell you what a crook I am too.

Well Tuesday has come and gone and guess what... no tracking number, not even an email.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah

Well Tuesday has come and gone and guess what... no tracking number, not even an email.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Still no seat, no tracking number, or refund.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKCORE
Still no seat, no tracking number, or refund.

Sounds like you need to take a roadtrip!!
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

I received a tracking number.... says it hasn't arrived at the UPS facility yet, but is supposed to be delivered on the 20th.

Attached is a copy of that tracking number. Had to crop it down a lot to fit the size requirements.
Attached Images