H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why doesnt Hummer make a hybrid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
In my opinion they already have ruin the H2 by turning the inside into a Tahoe/Escalade. Now you want a Freakin Hybrid.

ITS A HUMMER!!!
I like what you say
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the interior you'll get use to as an improvment. I think DRTY was sitting in one today and he really likes it. And he's a picky fruitcake.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The new H2 inside is very nice and the H2 does not need to go hybreed.
The H3 is the fuel saver of the family. What the hell did H2 owners own before H2's....... dumb dumb

High performace cars
Land Rovers, Cruisers
Big honkin trucks..

all fuel savers I'm sure

save a job at AG and buy an H2 today!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

The owner of the company that I work for bought a Bradley "kit" car to play with and install electric motors at the rear wheels, some of the numbers are pretty sick as for HP (BHP) , MPH (KPH) and so on. Not saying that I'd want to do it to the H2 but it is kind of a interesting read, here is a link to the site where he is going to get the motors. http://www.pmlflightlink.com/archive...lightning.html
Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
The new H2 inside is very nice and the H2 does not need to go hybreed.
The H3 is the fuel saver of the family. What the hell did H2 owners own before H2's....... dumb dumb

High performace cars
Land Rovers, Cruisers
Big honkin trucks..

all fuel savers I'm sure

save a job at AG and buy an H2 today!

HAHA!

I could get use to the H2's new interior and small upgrades. Most likely will be my next.

Most here were Jeepers at one time or another. 7 years Jeeping for me.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
OK, sorry, I don't have time right now to read the whole post but from what I've read in the past, hybrid electricity and water (fording ability) don't mix. Sure, put hybrid in Tahoe/Escalade or anything else, but hybrid in hummer probably takes away from one of its primary design characteristics.

I think the fording ability would be greater for example Subs use electric motors underwater, electric motors can run with no O2 that would be needed for combustion engine. So with the right component sealed up & out of harms way you could damn near run that thing underwater and the only snorkel you would need would be for yourself to breathe.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Hummer Professional

H2bill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
The hummer hybrid would stop all the hummer haters and also seriously raise sales of the several year slump of the h2's.

Just put a hybrid badge on the one you have already. The Toyota Highlander one fits perfect underneath the 'H2' on the door. When someone mentions that they didn't know Hummer made a hybrid, tell then "Yeah it's new. It gets 26 mpg on the highway and 20 around town."

You can see them trying to process that in their feeble brains as they are walking away trying to think of some other reason to still hate Hummers.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

yup
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

The tech to add full electric drive at each wheel exsists already. A battery is being perfected for use very soon in other applications and would work on H2.
The complete drive train would be removed and engine compartment would consist of a small as gas or diesel engine to run and charge batteries if trip was farther than one charge would last from a hook up to power at home.

The prototype would need to be down sized some as the rig it has been being developed on was done on a large scale ride to aid in making parts etc. to make it work easier at first before down sizing. Intentions were and still are I guess to down size the system for Humvee which was the point of it all in the begining, except they now see a good use in many applications. It would be whatever HP and torque needed by size of enclosed electric drive wheel at each corner of the rig. The power is controlled like a golf cart with just forward and reverse. Max HP/torque is reached at instant full pedal in forward and reverse. Each side of the rigs motors would be steerable at same time hydraulicaly to a certain degree before front drive motor would turn more. Seems there possibly may not be enough room in rear to turn as far as front but, I bet that get's solved.

The drive motors are weather proof so water, dust, mud and what ever no problem and the small motor charging system up front would be basicly in a sealed box or a solid bottom pan below. It was estimated that the weight of H2 may be able to go down as HP/torque goes up. MPG would almost be non-issue. Top speed would be about 90 MPH.

The costs are being looked at as it could be the only thing to prevent it being marketable. Clearance underside would be unreal as the drive motor would fit inside the 20" rim or what ever size the motor is. It would not though keep drivers from adding larger tires etc. as long as drive motor fits inside the rim.

Well it is interesting and most likely a good ways off into the future as most gov. projects drag out forever. Plus the battery tech is behind but, there are some that are advancing quickly enough to be ready when needed.

Just some fun stuff for thought or at least for me anyway. It reminds that there is always someone thinking way ahead of where we are. We just do not know about it until it is leaked to prepare the way for acceptance. That goes for public or gov. developement.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks......
Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

kom is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got one!
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Kom,

Nice rig... but they do make vehicle specific satellite dishes you know.

What my suggestion would be is what Dodge has on the Rams I believe, with 2 cylinders on firing when needed. I imagine that would save on gas at least a little, while still not affecting the total power when needed.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road

Well thank goodness I buy gas on the base! If I had to buy gas on the German (or European) economy at about $9 a gallon -- I think I'd have to ride a hybrid bike. I hope one day very soon we all can have a vehicle with similar characteristics (i.e., size, power, acceleration, etc.) which lessens our need for foreign oil (ye who has the oil has America by the ...). Come on America - build me a HUMMER that runs on air.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbiker
Well thank goodness I buy gas on the base! If I had to buy gas on the German (or European) economy at about $9 a gallon -- I think I'd have to ride a hybrid bike. I hope one day very soon we all can have a vehicle with similar characteristics (i.e., size, power, acceleration, etc.) which lessens our need for foreign oil (ye who has the oil has America by the ...). Come on America - build me a HUMMER that runs on air.

And so you could!!! http://www.theaircar.com/
Old 08-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunner
You guys should really get out more!

You beat me to it! I have been looking for one of those Hybrid tags for my H2 just to see what reaction it would generate. I'm asked all the time how many miles to the gallon I get and I always just say around 20. The response always is "That's not too bad".

I wonder if a Hybrid H2 would have pulled the 36" diameter tree that fell across my creek? My neighbors all laughed at me when I said I was going to use my H2 to yank it out of there so I told them they made it personal! Needless to say I had an audiance and I got the job done!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89vette
I wonder if a Hybrid H2 would have pulled the 36" diameter tree that fell across my creek?

Yes it would because it would still have the same engine with a hybrid motor in ADDITION to the same engine.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection