H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Hummer Novice

bulldogscott72 is on a distinguished road
Default need help with climate control on H2

My 2003 H2 battery went dead, so I installed a new one, now when I put the climate control A/C on to the face bug vents, they don't work. The Air only comes out of the Defrost vents, no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions, I checked all the fuses under the hood & in dash, all are good. I live in Las Vegas & its 111 degrees today, so the Kids in the back seat don't get any Air, because the vents work with the front ones. Any Ideas are greatly Appreciated. :crying
Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Hummer Novice

bbtcorp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: need help with climate control on H2

Have you tried putting it on auto...sometimes my ac doesnt blow cold till i put the setting to 15C and then click auto..just an idea...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Hummer Novice

Yah I've tried every button, and still the air only comes out of the top defrost vents.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

SmokeyJoe is on a distinguished road

I had to pull some fuses, but I cant remember which one.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Try to get the hvac module scanned for codes, would be a big help to arrow it down. Once there is a code set system defaults to defrost. could be a number of things. Need a scanner that can scan for body codes not just powertrain.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

...or maybe try removing the positive terminal of the battery and then putting it back on. Sorta like restarting your computer when it's acting funky.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Hummer Novice

Default Re: need help with climate control on H2, I can't believe this.

Dealer said it needs 2 actuator, the mode door & Recirc., the whole dash has to come apart, 10.5 hr repair, The estimate is for $1500.00. Then they found Front Hub & Bearing Hub on right side worn Badly, also the Pitman Arm, estimate for that Another $1500.00. Then they found 4WD Motor & Actuator bad, for another $1200.00. Then a Fuel Pump & Injector bad, for another $1600.00. I just bought this H2 4 weeks ago, and the car dealer I got it from, said it was all good to go & checked out, then I take it to the chevy dealer for them to try & reprogram the A/C Actuators, & they find all of this. Has anyone ever been Raped like this before, or had any of these estimates & repairs before. I saved up all my money for a year, to buy an H2. This H2 was Sold AS-IS, and now the Chevy Dealer said, it's unsafe to drive. Wonder if there is a lemon law for used cars?

Last edited by bulldogscott72 : 07-20-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Holy sh!t...how many miles are on the truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogscott72
This H2 was Sold AS-IS, and now the Chevy Dealer said, it's unsafe to drive. Wonder if there is a lemon law for used cars?

It's the 'AS-IS' part that sucks...sounds like the dealer who sold it to you knew there were costly issues. I'm always leary of AS-IS sales...that term is too general for me because ANYTHING could be wrong and the seller can't be held liable.

I'd try to get a written statement from the Chevy dealer stating the vehicle is 'unsafe to drive,' then take that back to the original dealer and raise some serious hell about how they put your life, and the lives of your family, in danger by selling you an unsafe vehicle. Talk about getting a lawyer and see if that shakes them up at all. I don't know if you really would have a leg to stand on in court, BUT it might worry them enough to get them to cover the cost of some of your repairs.

Last edited by guruerror : 07-20-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Elcova Rookie

airsoftjunkie is on a distinguished road

I replaced the right front hub on my h2, idler arm and pitman arm and all 4 shocks for right around 1000.00 just about 4 months ago.. I bought the parts(except for the shocks) my self from ebay, and had my local off road place do the labor. i feel bad for you. i was originally quoted about 5000.00 to replace all those parts. You can definetly save yourself some cash by getting the parts yourself. i am having the same issue with the drivers side a/c only blowing hot air but from the little research i have done it is the temp actuator on the passenger side causing the issue. the part on ebay is about 112.00 bucks. I think i am going to buy it and spend the 10 to 15 mins in time to replace it.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road

To save yourself some money, I would just have them replace the mode actuator and not the inlet actuator. The inlet actuator will just cause the recirculate to not work. That is the one that the dash has to come apart for. The mode is on the driver's side and can be accessed a lot easier. The hub bearing is common, but the pitman arm isn't as common. Usually just an idler arm takes most of the play out of the steering.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

replaced both of mu hubs for about 250 for parts and had a friend come by and do it.. If you know someone that can wrench on it, itll save you tons! sorry about what youre going through! Id go return it with that "unsafe written statement" and make a scene on the floor..
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Hummer Novice

Truck has 86,000 miles' on it. I've changed wheel bearing hubs on my ford Expedition before, but the Chevy dealer claims, I won't be able to do the work because the Pitman Arm is imposible to do without GM specialty tools, he also said that even if I change the mode door & Recirc. actuator, I'll still need a Tech 2 analyser to program all the 4WD, & A/C stuff. Can I get to the mode actuator without tearing the dash apart?