H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Hummer Novice

a-man is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel question 10x16" Rims for H2

Hi,

I have a complete set of wheels 10x16" in 8 lug from a Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. All dates are the same, but is it possible to install this rims on the H2 because brakes and so on? The tires are 315/75 x16" Mud terrain BFG?s.
Yesterday I have mounted one of the rims on the frontside, it looks great, but the space between brake and rim is only 1/5 inch (0,5cm). Is it enough or can it cause a defect or so?

best Kay

?03 H2 Lux self import from Texas, bit bling
?the best you can do is drive an H2?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

KONG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheel question 10x16" Rims for H2

You might want to have about 1/2 inch for heat build (or small rocks) from the brakes. But dont quote me. I Had a dodge ram 1500 with 15" rims. I never measured the gap from the brakes but I know that its close. I never had problems.

Last edited by KONG : 11-24-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

16's will give you major issues!!!!!!!!! Don;t do it.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Hummer Novice

a-man is on a distinguished road

Hi,

why do you mean it isn?t a good idea? Temperature problems?

?03 H2 Lux self import from Texas, bit bling
?the best you can do is drive an H2?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

Um, I don't see why it would be an issue as long as the calipers are cleared. I have had many rigs with brakes that almost touch the wheel with ZERO issue. I used to build custon rock crawlers and have even ground down calipers (large Dana 60 calipers) to fit a 15" wheel on a 1 ton axle. It was for off road use only of course but it never failed or gave any issue whatsoever. It was within about 1/16th of an inch from the wheel.
I don't think it would be at all an issue to run a 16" wheel on an H2 providing there is adequate clearance from all parts (wheel-caliper-control ams-etc) but personally I don't see why you would do it. Bigger is better for looks IMO
As a matter of fact, I have a set of 16.5 x 9.75 Weld wheels with almost new 38" tires I figured I would throw on the H2 if I ever took it wheeling as to avoid scratching my 20's. If you want 16's, run them, it'll be fine.
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

Um, I don't see why it would be an issue as long as the calipers are cleared. I have had many rigs with brakes that almost touch the wheel with ZERO issue. I used to build custon rock crawlers and have even ground down calipers (large Dana 60 calipers) to fit a 15" wheel on a 1 ton axle. It was for off road use only of course but it never failed or gave any issue whatsoever. It was within about 1/16th of an inch from the wheel.
I don't think it would be at all an issue to run a 16" wheel on an H2 providing there is adequate clearance from all parts (wheel-caliper-control ams-etc) but personally I don't see why you would do it. Bigger is better for looks IMO
As a matter of fact, I have a set of 16.5 x 9.75 Weld wheels with almost new 38" tires I figured I would throw on the H2 if I ever took it wheeling as to avoid scratching my 20's. If you want 16's, run them, it'll be fine.
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.