H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 PM

trading13 is off the scale

Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 PM

Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

She'll go if you push 'er....Haven't heard anything more than rumors about a super charger.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 09-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
Has anybody heard about this or has everybody heard about it but me? Yesterday I went to testdrive an H3 and a couple different salesguys were saying they would be offering a supercharger that adds 100 hp in a few months and it would run 7K. I was preparing myself for the slowest drive ever but was actually fine with the current horsepower even knowing I have a lead foot. Its not as responsive as my maxima and I could feel it pull a little harder but I mean it drives like truck, I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salesman, you gotta love 'em, or shoot 'em.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

flkeysff is off the scale

I really don't know much more than you have already said, but I took my H3 into the dealer to have the rust checked out and the service manager was talking to me about the new supercharger. And he wanted to know if I wanted to buy one! Not for that kind of money.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 PM

lol ok so I'll take that as a "not gonna happen then" I thought my sales guy was telling me that cause I'm a girl and all and he obviously thought he could tell me a lot of crap, but then while I was waiting I heard another salesguy all excited telling this older guy checking out the h3 about it, so I was wondering.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

I think I will wait for the programmer to come out, granted it won't yield the Hp that a supercharger would but I'm like you I think the truck has good power as is. I mean if you want to go fast buy a Vette if you want to go off roading buy a H3!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
lol ok so I'll take that as a "not gonna happen then" I thought my sales guy was telling me that cause I'm a girl and all and he obviously thought he could tell me a lot of crap, but then while I was waiting I heard another salesguy all excited telling this older guy checking out the h3 about it, so I was wondering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In another two months, the SEMA show will no doubt have a couple of companies that offer super chargers and will put out 70hp to 100hp.(just my guess)

Now, on the H2 the cost is around 7K to get a SC, air intake, and exhaust done with Magnuson's 3 yr/ 36,000 mile warranty.

So for that price, it better come with a warranty, exhaust, and intake. If you can take one for a drive when they come in- go for it. The H2 rips with the SC in it. I can only imagine an H3 with 320hp or more.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

This is just my 2 cents but this is what I would like to see go into my H3
http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h1h2dudico.html
Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flkeysff:
This is just my 2 cents but this is what I would like to see go into my H3
http://www.stallioncustoms.com/h1h2dudico.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a shoehorn...maybe
Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

unless it is a GM supercharger (vorteck etc.) You may get a warrenty block on your truck. I have seen this with a lift and a aftermarket supercharger. Good luck, hcip and exhaust is less expensive and less evasive