H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM

funkywinkerbean is off the scale

So,

I am ready to take delivery from stock on hand, or wait a reasonable amount of time for deliery from "yet to be deliverd" inventory.

My purchase will be cash. I can buy today.

I have contaced three dealers in the area and all tell me that the price will be MSRP - no discount.

I realize the vehicle is brand new and people are willing to pay more but I would like a discount. Specifically, are there delers who give discounts and how much. I offered $2500 off MSRP and all three dealers said, "no way - no discount".

I live in Northern Florida so driving to Timbuktu to save $500 makes no sense.

BTW, I am seeking a White H3 base Package with Auto, Sunroof, Towing Package, Floor Mats. MSRP is about $32,500. (as an aside, I am now learning to ask what the dealers' "Document Fees" are since I have been burned in the past by a $200 Doc Fee inserted at the last minute.)

I read about "Suppliers Discounts" on this forum - is this something that applies to people who work for GM or what?

Any advice? Do I call the nearest dealer and just pay full price or is there a way to receive a decent discount?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM

So,

I am ready to take delivery from stock on hand, or wait a reasonable amount of time for deliery from "yet to be deliverd" inventory.

My purchase will be cash. I can buy today.

I have contaced three dealers in the area and all tell me that the price will be MSRP - no discount.

I realize the vehicle is brand new and people are willing to pay more but I would like a discount. Specifically, are there delers who give discounts and how much. I offered $2500 off MSRP and all three dealers said, "no way - no discount".

I live in Northern Florida so driving to Timbuktu to save $500 makes no sense.

BTW, I am seeking a White H3 base Package with Auto, Sunroof, Towing Package, Floor Mats. MSRP is about $32,500. (as an aside, I am now learning to ask what the dealers' "Document Fees" are since I have been burned in the past by a $200 Doc Fee inserted at the last minute.)

I read about "Suppliers Discounts" on this forum - is this something that applies to people who work for GM or what?

Any advice? Do I call the nearest dealer and just pay full price or is there a way to receive a decent discount?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

[quote]I read about "Suppliers Discounts" on this forum - is this something that applies to people who work for GM or what?[quote]

GM employees qualify for GMS pricing, which is a greater discount than a GM Supplier discount. Check with your company so find out if you qualify. I know someone who is a nurse and they just found out last night they get the supplier discount. You never know.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM

I am an independent contractor - with my own company. Only business I do with GM is to watch their comercials on TV.

I reiterate, besides these "Insider" discounts, are ther any dealers who will take less than MSRP?

This will not keep me from buying, but I would rather not throw money away.

6 months ago I could not get any dealers to even talk to me about a discount on a GTO (but now you can get a $5K discount!) Then I saw that the Hummer was coming out and I have decided on an H3 (decidedly more practical!)

Actually, both of these vehicles represent some sort of mid-life crisis, I suppose, but at least with the Hummer I will get fewer speeding tickets!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkywinkerbean:
Actually, both of these vehicles represent some sort of mid-life crisis, I suppose, but at least with the Hummer I will get fewer speeding tickets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, but maybe more tickets for driving where other vehicles can't go. As far as I know, there aren't any dealers giving any discounts if you don't qualify for the GMS or supplier discounts. This may change in a couple months, but the trucks are just too hot right now, and a lot of dealers are charging 2-3k over MSRP

Old 06-01-2005, 02:44 PM

Friguy is off the scale

Dealers do not have to give you any discounts right now because the supply of H3s cannot keep up with the demand. Until this changes dealers will charge MSRP or higher because they can. They know that there are a line of people right behind you that will pay those prices.

My suggestion is if you want a discount wait 3-6 months and then the dealers will be more flexible
Old 06-01-2005, 03:32 PM

Good advice.

The older I get, the more patient (boring..) I become.

I understand that a rental car company will offer Hummer H3s for rent (Avis?). This should afford me the opportunity to drive it for a few days and give it a good evaluation.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkywinkerbean:
Good advice.

I understand that a rental car company will offer Hummer H3s for rent (Avis?). This should afford me the opportunity to drive it for a few days and give it a good evaluation.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out my Hummer news blog -- I put a post on there a few days ago about Avis doing that...

Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM

D2 is off the scale

Starting today GM is offering GMS (Employee Discount) to the general public at participating dealers (for the month of June). So ask your dealer if they are doing it and if its available on the Hummer, GM says it is, but the dealer may say something else. And get them now, as im sure any stock will go fast!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why they make Tequila.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D2:
Starting today GM is offering GMS (Employee Discount) to the general public at participating dealers (for the month of June). So ask your dealer if they are doing it and if its available on the Hummer, GM says it is, but the dealer may say something else. And get them now, as im sure any stock will go fast!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not available on the corvette or the H3 (and the H1 technically isn't GM) So any H2s in stock right now have that offer...we have about 70 right now ready to roll.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:35 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

Hummer Guy, what kind of deal is there on a H2 SUT LUX? I know MSRP is 57K a,d Edmunds shows them around 53K. What does the GM deal do for them?

Thanks

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 06-01-2005, 07:47 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

Forgive my lack of ability, but I cannot make heads or tails of the GMS discount that is being offered.

I followed the directions at this site - http://www.gm.com/employeediscount.do?cmp=JB_Offline - but I don't see the Employee Discount Price anywhere?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:52 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

Same here. It didn't look much different than Edmunds or Cars Direct. But my GMC buddy says it is huge! He sold 20 trucks yesterday alone because of it.

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 06-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this:

http://www.truedelta.com/input.php
Old 06-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Hummer Authority

The easiest way is to find a VIN of a truck similar to what you want, maybe an online auction or something. Then any dealer can run that number and find what the GMS pricing is on it. Or call up a dealer and tell them to find a similar truck and run the numbers. I'd help ya' out if I was still at work.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 PM

lexpro is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RiverRacerX:
Hummer Guy, what kind of deal is there on a H2 SUT LUX? I know MSRP is 57K a,d Edmunds shows them around 53K. What does the GM deal do for them?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine was 58700 and i bought it for $49006...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

Okay......here is the official press release regarding the GMS Discount:

FOR RELEASE: 2005-06-01

GM is Proud to Invite America to be Part of its Family

For the First Time in its History, GM Offers Employee Discount to Everyone

DETROIT - For the first time in its history, GM is offering its employee discount to everyone who takes delivery of a new 2005 GM car or truck from June 1 through July 5, 2005.

"Our employees are extremely proud of the company they work for and the products they build," said Brent Dewar, GM North America vice president of Marketing and Advertising. "In recent months there has been plenty of news about GM, but not enough said about our industry leading product line-up. We want to bring the focus back to what drives our business - great cars and trucks. This program gives everybody a chance to drive the vehicles that we drive and pay the price that we pay.

"It also is a great opportunity for America to experience high quality vehicles such as the Chevrolet Malibu, GMC Sierra HD and Chevrolet Suburban, which were the highest ranked Entry Midsize, Heavy Duty Full-Size Pickup and Full-Size Sport Utility Vehicle in Initial Quality in the recent J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Initial Quality Study or one of our 19 models that achieve at least 30 miles per gallon fuel economy on the highway," Dewar added.

The 'GM Employee Discount for Everyone' provides consumers with a great price right up front. Prices are prominently displayed on eligible vehicles at participating GM dealerships and take into account available rebates, but exclude taxes, title and dealer fees. Consumers also can confirm the price of a specific vehicle by entering the vehicle's VIN number on http://www.gmbuypower.com.
"We firmly believe that once consumers have the opportunity to drive a GM vehicle, they'll know what we, and millions of loyal GM customers, already know about the value represented by the cars and trucks that we build," Dewar said. "The 'GM Employee Discount for Everyone' provides very simple, very compelling prices for consumers and clarity regarding the final purchase price. We believe it will cut through the clutter of all the other offers currently in the market. This is what we mean when we say we want to offer a transparent total value proposition to our consumers."

The 'GM Discount for Everyone' program includes all 2005 GM cars and trucks, except for Chevrolet Corvette and GMC medium duty trucks and is compatible with most other incentives currently available.

The program will be supported by significant broadcast, print and online media featuring GM employees. Advertising will begin on June 3.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world's largest automaker, has been the global industry sales leader since 1931. Founded in 1908, GM today employs about 321,000 people around the world. It has manufacturing operations in 32 countries and its vehicles are sold in 200 countries. In 2004, GM sold nearly 9 million cars and trucks globally, up 4 percent and the second-highest total in the company's history. GM's global headquarters are at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit. More information on GM can be found at http://www.gm.com.
Editor's Note: To obtain a copy of the GM Discount for Everyone television or print ads, please contact Jennifer Flowers, McCann-Erickson Detroit at 248-203-8260.

ALRIGHTY......I go to the site, and there isn't a window to input the VIN? I have been all over that freakin' site, and haven't seen any prices less than MSRP.

Could someone in "the know" tell me what the bottom line is, due to the GMS discount, on an 05 H2 SUV?

GEEZ....I'm starting to get "bowed up in the back".
Old 06-01-2005, 10:35 PM
mstams

H2 SUV - Base $46,325, Adv. $48,349, Lux $49,717
H2 SUT - Base $46,396, Adv. $48,420, Lux $49,388

http://www.gm.com/employeediscount.d...d&mode=byModel
Old 06-01-2005, 11:13 PM

firm is off the scale

So I called my dealer twice today to demand my invoice and VIN number. He tells me "Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. My wife is in the hospital, and my kid is sick." I felt like a major league ass. Anyway the H3's arrived in florida today.