H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, this is my only delima is getting cables for my Camera and CB antennia. Please if you can post pictures or tell me the way you did it. Also I need to get to my Battery for power to my TV, Backup Camera, Lights ect.... Should I take all the side pannels off and run the cables that way, or run it under the truck That will nto work with the CB because I am going to mount it on the spare tire frame. Thank you guys.. ANY information would apprecited even if it isn't what I asking anything about wiring and hidding wires in the H3
Old 10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Okay, this is my only delima is getting cables for my Camera and CB antennia. Please if you can post pictures or tell me the way you did it. Also I need to get to my Battery for power to my TV, Backup Camera, Lights ect.... Should I take all the side pannels off and run the cables that way, or run it under the truck That will nto work with the CB because I am going to mount it on the spare tire frame. Thank you guys.. ANY information would apprecited even if it isn't what I asking anything about wiring and hidding wires in the H3
Old 10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I have a couple of ideas for you.

When I wired the lights on my sig. others GOBI rack, I ran the wires up the A Pillars on both sides. There is enough room to the roof line behind the windshield. Once you take off the A Pillar (two screws) you can tuck wires behind there very easily. I did not go through the firewall to run the switches inside the cab though. There is a boot I went through on the side. If you open your DR SD front door, you will see where GM ran the power to your doors. I just popped that boot out and than ran the wires inside and under the dash. You will also have to pop off the fake air cleaner covers. Just pull hard, they pop off with alittle musce. Make surer to pull straight up though. This should work for all your wires. The best parts is, it won't get caught in the door when you open/ close the door and you don't have to drill through your firewall. To run wires to the back is easy also. You can run them just under the sill plates to get to the back. I think the sill plates just have clips in them. I have not pulled them yet though, so I'm not sure how hard they are to get off.
Good luck,
Tim.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Hummer Expert

this is on the H3?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Hummer Expert

What steel plates?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I wired the H3 this way. We have an SUT and an H3... and another H3 on the way.

SILL plates, not steel plates. A sill plaste is what you step on when entering your vehicle. You can run the wires under those (by each door) and than you just have to figure out hw to pop off the back pannels to get all the way to the back. But there should be pleanty of room for your B/U cammera wires to go back there. I would run your CB antenna wire from under the dash, out that side boot and up the A pillar and down the roof track. Firestick has mounts that will mount in your factory track. PM Phil D from Trailduty and he can point you in the dirrection for that mount.