H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

First let me start off by saying "Hello", as I'm new here and this is my first post. Now…my wife just bought an H3 last week and we both love it. She got most of the options on it except for the XM radio as we already were Sirius fans and got used to their programming and didn't want to make the switch to XM. Before trading in her car, I pulled out the Kenwood receiver along with the Sirius receiver in hope of using them elsewhere as I just renewed the yearly subscription for Sirius a couple of months ago. After doing some research on the web, I came across the this adapter (KNGM1V7) from Logjam Electronics. This adapter will allow you to use your Sirius receiver with a stock GM radio. The only problem being it didn't list the H3 as being compatible but it did list a lot of other GM cars and trucks as compatible. Well, to make a long story short, I ordered it on a hunch that it would work and rigged it up last night for a quick test and…voilà, I now have Sirius connected through the stock H3 Monsoon sound system. Also, the 6-disc CD changer still works along with all the On-Star stuff.
I was thinking of doing a "How To" with pics if you guys think it would be helpful, I know there are other How To's out there, but I couldn't find anything on the H3.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Check out the "How To" here..</span> click-me

<span class="ev_code_RED">To view some short video clips of the Sirius display..</span> click-me
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

First let me start off by saying "Hello", as I'm new here and this is my first post. Now…my wife just bought an H3 last week and we both love it. She got most of the options on it except for the XM radio as we already were Sirius fans and got used to their programming and didn't want to make the switch to XM. Before trading in her car, I pulled out the Kenwood receiver along with the Sirius receiver in hope of using them elsewhere as I just renewed the yearly subscription for Sirius a couple of months ago. After doing some research on the web, I came across the this adapter (KNGM1V7) from Logjam Electronics. This adapter will allow you to use your Sirius receiver with a stock GM radio. The only problem being it didn't list the H3 as being compatible but it did list a lot of other GM cars and trucks as compatible. Well, to make a long story short, I ordered it on a hunch that it would work and rigged it up last night for a quick test and…voilà, I now have Sirius connected through the stock H3 Monsoon sound system. Also, the 6-disc CD changer still works along with all the On-Star stuff.
I was thinking of doing a "How To" with pics if you guys think it would be helpful, I know there are other How To's out there, but I couldn't find anything on the H3.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Check out the "How To" here..</span> click-me

<span class="ev_code_RED">To view some short video clips of the Sirius display..</span> click-me
Old 09-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Does the onStar still work the same?

thanks for the info.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

entheos is off the scale

Great first post. This is extremely helpful to me as I was going to do the same thing but also wasn't sure it would work. It was kind of disappointing that the two black disks underneath the radio were not utilized for stereo input like the new HHR and some other 2006's have.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Don't be a stranger.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:28 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
Does the onStar still work the same?

thanks for the info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't actually called On-Star, but I have used the On-Star phone to make and receive calls and that still works perfect.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

Hey, I'm a newbie here myself, picked up my boulder grey H3 on Aug 5th and I'm also interested in hooking up Sirius with my Monsoon system, except, I don't have the 6 disc cd changer, I only have the single disc/MP3 player... based on your experience installing it, will this adapter work for mine?

thanks!

Boulder Grey H3
Old 09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KNGOBRA:
I was thinking of doing a "How To" with pics if you guys think it would be helpful, I know there are other How To's out there, but I couldn't find anything on the H3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KNGOBRA:

Is this an auxiliary adapter you're using? I want to install my mp3 player and I would like to use an auxiliary input if possible. I used something simialr in my Denali and it used the CD changer's input. I would love to do the same thing with my H3 but I haven't found an adapter for it yet. Can you please post a link for the one you got? I don't want to use an FM modulator because they sound like crap.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:09 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

I finished the install this weekend, now I just need to take the time to sort thru the pics and and do a write up which I hope to have done tonight.
Here's a pic of what the final product looks like...

<span class="ev_code_RED">You can see the "How To" here..</span> click-me

Attached Images

Old 09-09-2005, 07:43 PM

KNGOBRA is off the scale

I finished the "How To" write up and added some links in <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> to my above posts..