H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone installed an air compressor under the hood yet? I would appreciate a photo to see where you got it on so I can shamelessly copy . Thanks.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Anyone installed an air compressor under the hood yet? I would appreciate a photo to see where you got it on so I can shamelessly copy . Thanks.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 01-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

Went with a power tank... but thanks for asking.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Went with a power tank... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the CO2? How often do you have to refill or reorder the tank?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that the CO2? How often do you have to refill or reorder the tank? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check http://www.powertank.com website. They have the actual figures. But its difficult to say, depends on how big your tires are and how low you air them down when roading. But a 10 gallon tank isn't going to go empty on you in just a couple of air ups... Also the air compressor is just another thing that can wear out or break. CO2 is safe, portable, and cheap.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Unless you plan on getting air locker/s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely
Also I am an acknowledged cheap skate vis a vis the PowerTank
Good Reviews: http://www.parksoffroad.com/miscinst...flatormain.htm
http://www.moabjeeper.com/superflow.htm

Will post pics when I put the thing inside.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

Hey ETD... would be entrested to know where you mounted yours. I'd like to mount it on the tailgate but no sure the hinges could handle the weight... also since I'm not planning on selling my 3 ever I'm toying with the idea of mounting it to the ceiling. Lemme know what you did and your thoughts.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lemme know what you did and your thoughts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. My tentative time line is Feb=SuperSwamper SSR, April= Intake&Outflow, Summer= Rear Lockers. Depending on whatever will be coming down the pipeline for the H3, of course (from the sales figures quoted on this forum and elsewhere, I'm thinking alot of companies will hop on board the H3 bandwagon ).
Old 01-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a super flow air compressor, and it works awesome! fills up a 35" tire from 10 to 35lbs in about 2.5 minutes. i'm still trying to figure out where i can install it under the hood, not much room in there.

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 01-26-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Power Tank, Inflate your Hummer to 35 PSI in 30 seconds or less
Old 01-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Power Tanks can be dangerous, plus you have to refill them. I would rather have it take a little longer to fill up a tire than to have a tank explode in my rig!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

just curious... but how are power tanks dangerous? CO2 is not like compressed air where the thing could become a missile or a bomb. Plus there are safety valves on them so if they are overfilled or heat expands them, they just vent out. And then again its not like carbon monoxide that will kill you. The having to go refill I will grant you though.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of the guys on the last run had the Viair portable compressors. I was pretty impressed. They filled a tire in 2-3 minutes, were pretty quiet, and stowed away nicely. Pricewise, they run about the same as a CO2 setup.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Etd
Were did you get the compressor and what type is it. $$$ ?.It looks like the type that you hook your air hose to.I have a cheapo plastic one,I nead to upgrade and if it fits in the rear compartment thats great cause I have 2.
If you find a spot to mount it let me know that would be the best way.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

It's the SuperFlow. I read the reviews on the links that I posted up top and decided to go with it. Problem was, it was hard to find. I guess all the smart people that went before us got one. Finally, after a convoluted way, I found an old link to 4x4parts.com and ordered it (if you go to their site, you won't find it ). I can't recommended it yet since I only used it once i.e. don't know about longevity compared to the $300-$400 QuickAir and such, yet. But if you want one, I'd call rather than try to find it on the website.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Hummer Guru

They have this one listed on ebay is this the one you got?.price seems right.
They also have a masterflow one for truck tires up to 40 inches.price still good.
might be larger though.

Let me know if you find good spot to mount.

e bay superflow compressor
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Hummer Professional

That's the one. It might have been less @ 4x4parts.com.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Hummer Guru

Ill check them out.If you find a install spot let me know .Its kinda jammed under hood.If it fits in compartment , it will be good enough .
Old 01-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Hummer Guru

I went to 4x4parts.com didnt see it listed.Good right up on the above link.

Does the whole setup fit in compartmrnt or just the compressor.
I already have a coil hose stowed in jack compartment you can fit a lot in there I have a recovery strap w/shackles,first aid kit,jack board ,air hose, Tire repair kit,extra presure guage w/hose,foldable shovel/pic and a few other things packed in there.No rattles(tip couple spare rags in there handy and no ratles.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Hummer Professional

The whole thing (case as well) fits well in the back side compartments. My OR-sensei thought I could bolt it in the compartment. That would be elegant but it seems beyond my abilities at the moment. BTW, that's the strange part, it is NOT listed on the 4x4parts site but I found an old link and they got me one. Give them a call instead is my rec.