H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

Hi everyone. New H3 owner here. I have had mine for exactly 1 week and noticed some problems with reversing. Has anyone experienced a really bad hesitation when shifting into reverse? I needed a little extra power backing out of semi steep driveway and when I hit the gas it really stuttered bad. I noticed after some experimenting that if you give it several seconds to get in gear it is not as bad. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! Other than that I love it! Except for the packs of 10 year olds chasing me down the street!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

Hi everyone. New H3 owner here. I have had mine for exactly 1 week and noticed some problems with reversing. Has anyone experienced a really bad hesitation when shifting into reverse? I needed a little extra power backing out of semi steep driveway and when I hit the gas it really stuttered bad. I noticed after some experimenting that if you give it several seconds to get in gear it is not as bad. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! Other than that I love it! Except for the packs of 10 year olds chasing me down the street!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

I've noticed the same problem with mine but I have no idea what could be the problem, if anyone has please let us know!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

I'll be contacting my dealer/service department today and I'll let you know if they can find anything. Just curious if you tried the same?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Hummer has a bulletin on this condition that you are speaking of. If you put it in reverse while you are still moving forward, even if it is just barely creeping, the engine will stutter while going in reverse. This was designed into the vehicle to keep things from getting damaged if shifting into reverse while moving forward. If you are completely stopped when shifting into reverse it should be fine. I agree that they could have programmed it to where it doesn't do that unless you're moving faster than 3 mph or so, but that's not how they did it.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:50 AM

H3CAN is off the scale

Hi,

I have noticed mine and found out that I had in High 4 lock...which locks and prevents the wheels from turning at different speeds.....make sure you are in high only. (usual driving mode)
Old 09-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

I appreciate the feed back everyone! I just got back from my service department and they said what Hummertech said. I can buy that but I'll feel better when the supposed fix comes out. Mine does stutter even when I come to a complete stop if I really give it some gas, like you would on any incline. I almost rolled through my mom's garage door! And, you may notice this stuttering in drive as well. My service tech had me try it and it we got the same response. Lets hope they can come up with an adjustment for this issue. I'm kind of surprised I have massage it!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

I have not heard that they are working on revising the stuttering that we speak of.
However, if you are noticing a stuttering in drive or after you do come to a complete stop, then that is something different. there is an updated pcm recalibration to take care of a rough running concern that happens the first start of the day for the first minuite. Other than that, have not heard of any rough running problems.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Hummer Novice

CTH3 is off the scale

Have you heard of anyone going above the dealer and contacting GM about this or any other issues? I am not sure how concerned to be because my H3 STUTTERS in drive and reverse if I want it to. My sercice tech certainly knew what I was talking about without even getting in for a test. Again, I have to "make" it happen it does not just stutter when taking it slow.