H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okthenbye:
I had the Magnaflow installed this morning and it was definately worthwhile. The sound is subtle but nice and the performance improvement is quite noticable. It actually has passing power!
As for where to get one, this is the same muffler they use for many of the 6 cyl GM vehicles. It is a common stocked item at many muffler shops that do performance exhausts. I'm going to do the intake next hopefully for a little more boost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any pics? How does it exit?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okthenbye:
I had the Magnaflow installed this morning and it was definately worthwhile. The sound is subtle but nice and the performance improvement is quite noticable. It actually has passing power!
As for where to get one, this is the same muffler they use for many of the 6 cyl GM vehicles. It is a common stocked item at many muffler shops that do performance exhausts. I'm going to do the intake next hopefully for a little more boost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you have a stock number for that muffler.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH3 is off the scale

Magnaflow just completed (Aug. 5) it's first cat back system designed specifically for the H3. See it/hear it at...http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04trucks.asp

It's the White H3 about 2/3 down the web page.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:38 PM

Wild One is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteH3:
Magnaflow is working on a cat back system specifically for the H3. Dyno testing should be completed tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

A better way to put it, is that the B & B exhaust is resold by SMA. It is is no way an SMA product.
B & B are great folks with great products.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Okthenbye is off the scale

Here is a pic of the Magnaflow pipes look after install. The sound is as good as the website and at $200.00 installed it's hard to beat when it is $700.00 plus installation most other places. Check it out.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Guru

Here is a pic of the Magnaflow pipes look after install. The sound is as good as the website and at $200.00 installed it's hard to beat when it is $700.00 plus installation most other places. Check it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you order this for $200.00? Are the tips able to be removed for off roading?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

The muffler is a standard Magnaflow that they use for 6 cyl Camaros Firebirds, S10s, and Colorado trucks. They cut bent and welded the system together. It was custom fitted in about 1 hour. I went to the local neighborhood muffler shop (Pacific Muffller in Stockton, Ca.) They do performance mufflers as well as stock. It seemed like a standard stock item and it was much smaller than the original muffler. The original mounting bars were welded in place and the fit is great. As for the tips, they are welded on but as you see they hug the bumper pretty well. I'm sure that if you wanted removable tips it could be fabricated for you.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Hummer Guru

The muffler is a standard Magnaflow that they use for 6 cyl Camaros Firebirds, S10s, and Colorado trucks. They cut bent and welded the system together. It was custom fitted in about 1 hour. I went to the local neighborhood muffler shop (Pacific Muffller in Stockton, Ca.) They do performance mufflers as well as stock. It seemed like a standard stock item and it was much smaller than the original muffler. The original mounting bars were welded in place and the fit is great. As for the tips, they are welded on but as you see they hug the bumper pretty well. I'm sure that if you wanted removable tips it could be fabricated for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT! One more question: How far down does the muffler hang VS the stock one. Got a pic?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

I took some pix but file is too large for this forum. 1.6 meg and they will only allow 300k. Have some good pix that I can e-mail if you would like...
Old 09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Question for those of you who have the SMA installed...

Have you listended to the Magnaflow on their web site? Does the SMA sound deeper than that? I guess I'm used to the rumble of the V8 in the H2. I wasn't too impressed with the sound of the Mangaflow but then, I guess you can't get the V8 sound in a 5 banger either.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buddy in Az:
I installed the SMA and Airraid on mine and got noticeable accelleration improvement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buddy in AZ,

Now that you've had your SMA exhaust system for a few months, how do you like it? Is the noise level in the cabin reasonably quiet?

Steve
Old 10-26-2005, 08:35 PM

Ely is off the scale

I agree with Kacyk who said that it sounds weak... that's why I got my Remus and have the best sounding exhaust system on H3 out there!

Mu-hu-hahaha

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...o/DSC00877.jpg

[img]http://i7.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Ely,

I like the look of your system but was thinking of just the Remus muffler and keeping the stock tip for off road purposes. I can't seem to find a Remus dealer around here.

Do you know what model or series Remus muffler you have? Any idea how much only the muffer is?
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 10-27-2005, 03:29 AM

Ely is off the scale

I am actually the promoster for the company that did my exhaust system. If you want I can find out how much it would cost to send you out the same Remus Muffler that was installed on my car... let me know.

My email address is elyzo@aol.com

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...o/DSC00877.jpg

[img]http://i7.