H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

I added the HUMMER logo to my grille to enhance the look of my H3. I think GM should of done this to the H3 from the factory, Like they did to the H2's
Attached Images

Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Professional

I added the HUMMER logo to my grille to enhance the look of my H3. I think GM should of done this to the H3 from the factory, Like they did to the H2's
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Professional

Heres another pic.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Looks great! How did you stick the letters? I have the letters already but I haven't found anything to stick them up.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
I added the HUMMER logo to my grille to enhance the look of my H3. I think GM should of done this to the H3 from the factory, Like they did to the H2's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get the letters?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Hummer Professional

This is where I got the letters, on ebay under:

3D-HUMMER-LOGO-NEW-OEM-H1-H2-H3-

As far as the epoxy I used I went and got the 2 stage glue/epoxy that looks like a double needle and you mix the elements together with an wooden stick (included) mix, and let it cure for about 10 min. then apply on to the back of the letters. This stuff is no joke! Be sure to buy the clear formula. I used masking tape and a ruler and a laser leveler to get the proper alignment. Im really happy with the results.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3D-HUMMER-LOGO-NEW-OEM-H...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed my HUMMER grill letters a couple of weeks ago.
It really improves the front end looks. you are right, this should have been done by the factory!
The best way to apply the letters is to use 3M double stick adhesive tape.
(1) Apply the letters to the tape
(2) carefully cut around letters w/ razor blade to remove excess tape.
(3) use a low stick masking tape to line up letters on grill.
**NOTICE** Once you apply the letters make sure they are where you want them. Once their on, their on for good!

Victory Red, Ebony interior, 5-spd, Adenture pkg. Sweeeet!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Hey guys, thanks for your replies...

jp's-h3, what kind of 3M double stick adhesive tape did you use? I found one but it is really thick, you can see the white tape behid the letters when you look up close... and the one that is thinner does not seem to be sticky enough...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

we did ours abou a month ago. MAKE SURE TO CLEAN THE SURFACE VERY WELL BEFORE YOU PLACE THE 3M TAPE ON THE LETTER AND ASLO THE GRILLE.

Glass cleaner or alcohol will work fine.
Also be careful when scrubbing the front end once they are on. If you catch them just wrong with the sponge, you can tear them off.

mine came with the 3M tape on them already so I just had to clean the grille well.
GREAT/ CHEAP upgrade!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
we did ours abou a month ago. MAKE SURE TO CLEAN THE SURFACE VERY WELL BEFORE YOU PLACE THE 3M TAPE ON THE LETTER AND ASLO THE GRILLE.

Glass cleaner or alcohol will work fine.
Also be careful when scrubbing the front end once they are on. If you catch them just wrong with the sponge, you can tear them off.

mine came with the 3M tape on them already so I just had to clean the grille well.
GREAT/ CHEAP upgrade! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi guys,I wasnt trying to be a pig about it,but I bought the last 3 set of letters on ebay.I just wanted to cover my ass incase I screwed up putting them on the first time.I will be glad to sell the extras for the same deal if I get them on first shot.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Im sure that guy on ebay will have more soon. He should, after all hes' got a good thing goin selling the HUMMER logos.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Added them to mine yesterday...
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MxHonda:
Added them to mine yesterday... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does make a big difference,now it seperates it from front end of a Jeep.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Hey MxHonda Great Job Bro! Looks nice!!
I really do think GM/Hummer should have put these on all H3s'. Now go get that hummer dirty! Yippie Ki Yeah Mamma jamma!!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Does anyone have a link or a file that has the correct font for the HUMMER letters. I'd like to try print some out from my PC.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
Now go get that hummer dirty! Yippie Ki Yeah Mamma jamma!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is dirty! Can't you see that fresh cut grass kicked up all over the rock rails? Damn, can't stay new forever I guess...
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Old 08-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put the letters on with 3M tape from Home Depot. They are sticking just fine. They are hard to see in this picture but you can see the little HUMMER silver letters underneath to the right. They are cool tooo.

I have H2 handles on there also, hard to see also. They are kewl. I like the ones above also. I paid $15.00 bucks for them on eBay.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(3) use a low stick masking tape to line up letters on grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just bought these on eBay. How exactly did you use the masking tape to line them up correctly. Did you take a big piece and extend from one end of the grill to the other end? Not clear on that last step and don't want to mess it up.

Thanks. Looks great.
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 09-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Hummer Professional

Yep I did just that, I took one long piece of masking tape and went across the grille. But 1st I made sure I parked on level ground (garage), then I used my sears craftsman laser lever. I projected the line across my grille and then masked the tape across the grille. This was my reference point for the bottom end of the letters. Then I measured the distance between each letter and the vertical slots in the grille. Once I applied the expoxy(clear) on the back of the letters I then used the masking tape to hold the letters in place for 24 hrs.
Its simple, Just apply a little common sense when doing this and take your time. After all, its a one shot deal and its the front that gets all the attention so do a good job!!!! Good Luck!