H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by NEOCON1:
look what BABHUMV set up in his . Nav , clinometer , camera , c.b. , ipod . lots of cool toys . i saw it today at the happening and got these spy shots

That's the 007 mobile!!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DTHVLY:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
The TRAIL DUTY is nice but I would like to find one that does both.
Were to put it though?

This one does both.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Those are garbage. Not filled with the right liquid.

Lev-O-Gauge can be bought at West Marine.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/pro...+matchallpartial/0/0
We have the 45-0-45 and it was only 12 bucks. I mounted it on the dash and it works great for giving you a very good idea of where you are. However, if the pucker factor rises too high, STOP!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, if you live near a West Marine, they have them in stock.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You can find the best gauge made here: http://www.trailduty.com/products/tr...tiltmeter.html

It can be mounted viturally anywhere due to it's mounting brackets, has pefect dampening fluid.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
The TRAIL DUTY is nice but I would like to find one that does both.
Were to put it though?
You can buy two. Mount one on the dash with the included bracket and then the other will mount flat without the bracket with double sided tape on the overhead.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
ok this is how i mounted the cheap $10.00 one . i like it . got to 30 degrees today on the happening
There is a problem with that setup. First lev-o-gauges are a marine product, second they have to be mounted on the 90degree vertical plane level with the vehicle. Obviously, yours leans a little which affects the reading (not that it really matters as for you, just when you compare notes to what others might be doing). Third, the lev-o-gauge, due to this reason, has extremely limited mounting options.

The tilt-meter from trail-duty is simply the best, most accurate there is. The UK one, I am not familiar with, but the other mechanical gauges are junk.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

lets say it is mounted perfectly vertical . when you are on an incline and sideslope together it would never be vertical . these marine ones will give a reading that should be within 5 degrees of true . when sailing you are pitching and yawing at the same time so should still be accurate +/- 5 degrees . i just want it to calm me down win the seat is up my a$$ but thanks for all the tips i will not go by gauge alone but is just another tool for having a rough idea of side slope degree . thanx again
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
lets say it is mounted perfectly vertical . when you are on an incline and sideslope together it would never be vertical . these marine ones will give a reading that should be within 5 degrees of true . when sailing you are pitching and yawing at the same time so should still be accurate +/- 5 degrees . i just want it to calm me down win the seat is up my a$$ but thanks for all the tips i will not go by gauge alone but is just another tool for having a rough idea of side slope degree . thanx again
No, you are right. It's a tool for use to compare from one situation to the next. Since your setup while wheeling changes (actual CoG) and whatnot, it doesn't have to be perfectly accurate. It's just something to glance at and give you an idea of where you are in the grand scheme of things because everybody's pucker factor differs.

I was simply mentioning that further you get from vertical in the mounting, the less accurate it will be. So much so that at one point, it will give you a much lower reading to begin with and then shoot to a high reading without venturing very long in the middle.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Hummer Guru

thanks paragon , you make some very important points , i do get so much great info from you old timers . this site is great for us newer guys to learn from you much more trail wise guys , thanks again

Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Posted Mar 26, 2:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ipedog:
Okay... I found this :

It looks like it would work very well... BUT... I don't see a US distributor.

A little pricey! the nicest one yet

X2

NEOCON1 I mounted it were you have yours with velcro.I used my ezpass bracket.I think it looks better there also.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Hummer Guru

I also put a piece of velcro on dash so I can quickly move it for foward /back angle.Just line up the velcro and should be level even if your not on level ground at the time.also can be moved back to windshied by lining up the velcro even if your not level.
I could always get another one ,there cheap .
Still looking for a good one that mounts easy that does all angles.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Hummer Guru

mounted on dash again also with the velcro mount you hav a little wiggle room for offset adjustments as needed.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2006, 02:53 PM

Mancil is off the scale

Here is another on, I like this one... now just trying to find it in the states

Like to site
Linker
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipe !!!! you have the best idea man very easy to switch and only one needed , very nice

mancil , those are some really cool ones great find man

Old 04-07-2006, 04:47 AM

Wile E. Coyote is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote:
NEOCON1,

The factory spec on our H3s state the side slope capability as 40% and that equates to 36 degrees. (Think of a flat surface as 0% and a vertical wall as 100% slope or 90 degrees. Then, 40% of 90 desgree is 36 degrees (.40 x 90 = 36). Keep that in mind when looking at your LEV-O-GAGE as you are traversing over a challenging terrain. Also, these inclinometer have an accuracy of around +/- 2 degrees under optimal condition. The optimal condition would be to mount it upright and in transverse direction to the forward of the vehicle. The way you have it mounted is not quite upright, however, it is pretty much transverse to the vehicle which matters most, so your inclimeter setup should work pretty good. As always, use your good judgement when offroading.

The "LEV-O-GAGE" Product has been around for more than 30 years serving the offroading industry. It was not made specifically as a marine product although they are sold for a lot of different uses. Here is a link to their products LEV-O-GAGE
Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote:
NEOCON1,

The factory spec on our H3s state the side slope capability as 40% and that equates to 36 degrees. (Think of a flat surface as 0% and a vertical wall as 100% slope or 90 degrees. Then, 40% of 90 desgree is 36 degrees (.40 x 90 = 36). Keep that in mind when looking at your LEV-O-GAGE as you are traversing over a challenging terrain. Also, these inclinometer have an accuracy of around +/- 2 degrees under optimal condition. The optimal condition would be to mount it upright and in transverse direction to the forward of the vehicle. The way you have it mounted is not quite upright, however, it is pretty much transverse to the vehicle which matters most, so your inclimeter setup should work pretty good. As always, use your good judgement when offroading.

The "LEV-O-GAGE" Product has been around for more than 30 years serving the offroading industry. It was not made specifically as a marine product although they are sold for a lot of different uses. Here is a link to their products LEV-O-GAGE
DAYUM!!!! You so stupid, if you were to fall out a window, you would go up.

45 degrees = 100% slope
40% slope = about 22.92 degrees
Old 04-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote:
NEOCON1,

Please post a picture of you in your rig at 36 degrees
Old 04-09-2006, 04:21 AM

Wile E. Coyote is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
DAYUM!!!! You so stupid, if you were to fall out a window, you would go up.

45 degrees = 100% slope
40% slope = about 22.92 degrees

Hey Paragon, you moron, did you flunk your high school geometry? Get your facts straight before you post anymore on the technical discussion.

By the way, I couldn't resist..., here's a picture for you, Paragon, you idiot.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Why no, actually I participated in the Presidential Math and Science Competition.

Your point?

Does the Coyote ever win?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
You can find the best gauge made here: http://www.trailduty.com/products/tr...tiltmeter.html

It can be mounted viturally anywhere due to it's mounting brackets, has pefect dampening fluid.

Is that the one you told me about way back when?