H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
Warranty parts center will not help!They just collect warranty parts and SO"s.to find chains of issues and correct them as quick as possible.
They need to get their APM (Area Parts Manager)
involved.The part should have been handled (if on back order)as the following....
1.Check local dealers(though O.E. connection)
2.Check PDC stock through Dealer world.
3.If no stock is avl call in a Spac case.(if they have done this, request the spac case number.
I do not think(not sure though) the BCM is on back order.Last I time I checked there is stock at PDC 621 livona MI.
Remember these couple of letters C.S.I and repete this to the service Mgr and I"m sure you will get your BCM as quick as possible .If it is truely on back order...Still make sure they are doing everthing in their power to resolve this!Get the SPAC number and the APM name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True...but not exactly accurate. My neighbor and friend who moved at the same time from TN to MI, works in the WPC on Brown Road in Orion Twp, MI, and if there are shortages they can obtain and ship if required. They are first shippers of parts that are mentioned in bulletins in somce cases.
They also handle recalls and special bulletins (good example was the crank bolt washer on the LS2 when it was first released last year; they were responsible to ship them to Chevy dealers as vehicles came in).
There have been three Saturn bulletins that came by my desk for approval in the last five months that have stated for the dealer/retailer to contact WPC for the parts shipment.
They are responsible for most, if not all of the warranty parts return items; however, for special occasions, they can obtain parts.
They might not be able to obtain a BCM, if they are out of stock, not much anyone can do.
If I had a part number, I could do a GM Dealerworld search and see if the BCM is available.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

In 22 years never heard that.Good to know.
I had a Headliner on a spac case for 6 weeks and the APM never said anything about WPC for obtaining parts.As far as the part number for the BCM..I"m in MD for the weekend but I wiil
check monday.I think it's not on back order but
limited stock avl at livonia and source.
Thanks for the info!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Authority

The BCM #15802495 not being built untill the end of this week and will not be shipped untill the week of Dec 5th.Make sure they have it on a SPAC case and get them to get their APM involved.
Not sure how WPC may help but,I would try everyone at the dealership who will listen.
Only chance before that date would be to steal one from a stock unit.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:52 AM

kilo3031 is off the scale

PCM was originally replaced - obviously didn't resolve the problem

BCM has now been replaced.

Waiting for Ignition switch, which according to the dealer caused my problem in the first place. I had been told that the ignition switch was going to be replaced last week. It wasn't

They have a SPAC on the part like they did for the BCM. They are currently trying to get a part off the assembly line, since they don't have spares on stock.

I am considering calling GM and making a complaint to see if they can help speed up the part delivery and also let them know of my overall disatisfaction.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kilo3031:

Waiting for Ignition switch, which according to the dealer caused my problem in the first place. I had been told that the ignition switch was going to be replaced last week. It wasn't

They have a SPAC on the part like they did for the BCM. They are currently trying to get a part off the assembly line, since they don't have spares on stock.

I am considering calling GM and making a complaint to see if they can help speed up the part delivery and also let them know of my overall disatisfaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ignition switches are on backorder too? That I didn't know.
Just a note on the WPC. It is actually a UPS (or maybe a FedEx) site, filled with their employees and about a half-dozen GM people overssing the operation. Depending on the part, and the bulletins issued, they might ship out as many parts in one day as they receive.
From my understanding, they are to ship parts for certain bulletins and parts that are impossible to obtain. They also are the major point of warranty return parts, returned for inspection so that enginnering can see exactly why they are failing.
I will try and get a better explanation of this, when my friend returns from Vacation in TN. With the snow arriving, we "rednecks" need a night in the bar.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kilo3031:

Waiting for Ignition switch, which according to the dealer caused my problem in the first place. I had been told that the ignition switch was going to be replaced last week. It <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Someone is pulling your leg!This switch is not even in the EPC yet but ,If you look up the shear bolt for the housing there it is 89060589.Stock at every major warehouse.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>wasn't

I am considering calling GM and making a complaint to see if they can help speed up the part delivery and also let them know of my overall disatisfaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Hopefully, the dealer is talking about the ignition lock solenoid (10391401). Partsguy is correct on the ignition switch assembly.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Hummer Authority

14 at W/house 622 Burton,MI.f5fstop..Is there major problems
with this solenoid? I do not stock them but,I will If there is.
There is very little out of the box warranty issues unlike anything I've seen from GM.I only stock 4X4 modules and sway bar
links.
It a good vehicle from a warranty stand point."bad for service"
Old 11-30-2005, 04:15 PM

stevomc is off the scale

hi from germany

i have the same problem. i have got my hummer some days ago. i had the problem on saturday the first time. today ma engine went off at a traffic light. :-( nobody can help me in germany ...

and i have the problem with the temperature gage .. it goes to the middle then to low and to the middle again when the rpm is going up and down...

:-( plz help me

greetz from germany

stevo
Old 11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
There is very little out of the box warranty issues unlike anything I've seen from GM.I only stock 4X4 modules and sway bar
links.
It a good vehicle from a warranty stand point."bad for service" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, nothing on the warranty horizon in regard to the solenoid. Just guessing that the dealer ordered one, but said it was a switch.
Yes, so far this vehicle is good on warranty costs, but from what I have seen, it will be a bugger to work on some of the engine components.
Interior components are fairly easy; not like the SSR where it can take up to three hours to R&R a radio.

What are you guys doing about wiper blades and arms? I want to put a set of winter blades on mine, and when checking the specs I almost laughed for an hour. 16.7 driver's side, 15.7 passenger side. I have no problem with different sizes, I just laughed with the odd measurements; which I comfirmed. I do believe a 17 and 16 will fit, or at least by my crude measurements outside in the freezing weather shows they will.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevomc:
hi from germany

i have the same problem. i have got my hummer some days ago. i had the problem on saturday the first time. today ma engine went off at a traffic light. :-( nobody can help me in germany ...

and i have the problem with the temperature gage .. it goes to the middle then to low and to the middle again when the rpm is going up and down...

:-( plz help me

greetz from germany

stevo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a defective cluster and probably the same problems that other have had on this thread.
All I could recommend is a trip to the dealer.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 AM

stevomc is off the scale

hi,

i will go to the dealer this afternoon.

this morning i tried 2 different things:

1. i started the engine and drove to my office. then i stoped the engine. within 15 seconds i tried tzo start the engine again. but it didnt start. when i pushed the acceleartion pedal it came up and the engine was running with abou 1500 rpm.

2. i stoped the engine again after about 2 minutes running. then i let it cool down for about 5 minutes. i tried to start the engine and it started purfect.

what is that ?

but i will go to the dealer later...

thanks and bye

stevo
Old 12-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
links.
It a good vehicle from a warranty stand point."bad for service" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, nothing on the warranty horizon in regard to the solenoid. Just guessing that the dealer ordered one, but said it was a switch.
Yes, so far this vehicle is good on warranty costs, but from what I have seen, it will be a bugger to work on some of the engine components.
Interior components are fairly easy; not like the SSR where it can take up to three hours to R&R a radio.

What are you guys doing about wiper blades and arms? I want to put a set of winter blades on mine, and when checking the specs I almost laughed for an hour. 16.7 driver's side, 15.7 passenger side. I have no problem with different sizes, I just laughed with the odd measurements; which I comfirmed. I do believe a 17 and 16 will fit, or at least by my crude measurements outside in the freezing weather shows they will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well in the past(my Chevy days I would ramp up on A parts(wipers, sheet metal,filters etc)but have not even thought of things with the H3.exc filters of course.I have see only quality in this model and it's killing me
I"ll look into it and get you a brand name and number.
Oh you should move outta that state and come south to sunny Pa!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Still no update on my vehicle. Its now been close to 3 weeks and my vehicle hasn't been fixed.

I just got off the phone with GM customer services and they opened a case for me. They contacted the dealer but not much has been done. The dealer is still waiting for the part. It seems there is no way to expedite repair of this vehicle.

I am supposed to be contacted by a case manager but I'm not sure what that is going to do for me.

I'm extremely unhappy with GMs ability to repair a brand new vehicle they sell and advertise so heavily.

Their motto should be "If its broke, we can't fix it"
Old 12-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

I feel your pain Kilo as I to waited 2 weeks to get my vehicle back.I was told that the BCM module suppose to be released week of Dec 5th.Sounds like you are getting the same run around I got for 2 weeks.Plus when they gave it back to me they screwed up my remote starter.I am not very happy with they way they treated me.GOOD LUCK DUDE.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
links.

What are you guys doing about wiper blades and arms? I want to put a set of winter blades on mine, and when checking the specs I almost laughed for an hour. 16.7 driver's side, 15.7 passenger side. I have no problem with different sizes, I just laughed with the odd measurements; which I comfirmed. I do believe a 17 and 16 will fit, or at least by my crude measurements outside in the freezing weather shows they will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well in the past(my Chevy days I would ramp up on A parts(wipers, sheet metal,filters etc)but have not even thought of things with the H3.exc filters of course.I have see only quality in this model and it's killing me
I"ll look into it and get you a brand name and number.
Oh you should move outta that state and come south to sunny Pa! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trico makes winter blades in 16 and 17, and these should fit. Problem is I can't find anyone local who carries Trico, it seems it is all Bosch or Anco, with some unknown names mixed in.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:36 AM

At what point can I say that GM has taken to long? I grow more frustrated every day. The dealer and GM just don't have any customer service. I don't buy vehicles everyday or even every year. This was a huge investment for me which has not paid off.

The dealer has stopped giving updates because, "they have no status". What can I say is reasonable to expect from the dealer?

What can I do? Does this happen all the time? Is this common at the dealers?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

you are still waiting on BCM module?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Supposedly they replaced the BCM (I highly doubt it). They had been looking for an ignition switch before the BCM, which still hasn't arrived.

I was told by GM today that the part could not be pulled off the assembly line or off another vechicle because it was a VIN specific part (whatever that means).

As a customer, I don't really care where they get the part. I am tired of being told its not in stock. I'm sure thousands of the part I need have been made since my problem started.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Hummer Guru

BCM is not VIN specific, until it is programmed into the vehicle. So, I don't see why they couldn't ship one from the plant.
Switching between two cars may or may not be possible. Not sure, but I do know some GM vehicles can't be swapped due to being VIN specific, and once tied to a VIN, they cannot be switched to another vehicle.
They can be returned and rebuilt by Motorola, Bosch, whoever manufactured it, and then it is like new...no tie to a VIN.