H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Steve - SanJose

Default Re: Wind noise on new H3

Yea marker lights look cool, but I'm still waiting for a redesigned version that is trouble free.

S.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Elcova Rookie

DaveH3nj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH3nj
Went to the dealer yesterday. They have a new fix kit that they say will definitely fix the problem. I've got an appointment for next week and will post the results.

Hey guys, the dealer fix seemed to work. I don't know which fix kit they used, but no more vibration noise. They did, however, add a scratch to the black trim above the window.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH3nj
Hey guys, the dealer fix seemed to work. I don't know which fix kit they used, but no more vibration noise. They did, however, add a scratch to the black trim above the window.
Glad they finally fixed your problem! Regarding that scratch to your black trim .. they should be held responsible for it. Did you point it out to them? Even if you didn't notice until you got home, you can still call them, if it bothers you. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Novice

lexunet is on a distinguished road

I have wind vibration noise. I don't even have the roof marker lights! It is hard to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. I can find any volunteers to ride on the roof while I go 70MPH.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Hummer Guru

Wink Re: Wind noise on new H3

I don't have roof marker lights either, but I had the noise. I THINK it could be gone, although I haven't tested it yet at 65+ mph. My sound came from the driver side A pillar area .. sounds like crackling glass when you hit 65+ mph. The consenus here was that a cracked roof rail may cause that sound. I stepped up and looked at where the roof rail joins the A pillar molding, and sure enough, it had a crack in it. They replaced it. I've had some other ongoing issues with my 3, so I haven't been able to test it for that particular noise yet. Check out your roof rails for cracks. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Hummer Novice

lexunet is on a distinguished road

Checked the roof molding. Sure enough it has a crack in it. The dealer is ordering a new one for me. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Hummer Guru

Glad I could help! I JUST found last last night, while looking at my invoice, that my dealer replaced my left cracked roof rail with the same old part number. F5stop on the forum had posted the newer replacement part number. Call your dealer to make sure they ordered the NEW roof rail replacement #15905532 (left side) or 15905533 (right side) for you. The OLD part numbers are #15286618 (left side) and 15286619 (right side). I went down to talk to my service mgr this morning today and told him. He is ordering the new one. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexunet
Checked the roof molding. Sure enough it has a crack in it. The dealer is ordering a new one for me. Thanks for the tip.

Make sure they get you both sides,also ask about the moldings up the windshield.They replaced 4 pieces on mine, I had a crack on both sides.
Now there's a tight fit.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto, consider yourself lucky, VERY lucky, that your Service Dept. will just replace parts for you "just because". I'm getting my left A pillar molding replaced because the coating is coming off .. but when I asked if I could get my right one replaced, too, I didn't really get an answer. When I requested that my right roof rail get replaced when my left one was, they said no, because it wasn't cracked. Now I'm trying to get my left roof rail replaced again because they replaced the cracked one with the same part #. No way would they replace all 4 of my moldings just because I wanted them replaced. Maybe you have just the right touch with those guys.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
fourfourto, consider yourself lucky, VERY lucky, that your Service Dept. will just replace parts for you "just because". I'm getting my left A pillar molding replaced because the coating is coming off .. but when I asked if I could get my right one replaced, too, I didn't really get an answer. When I requested that my right roof rail get replaced when my left one was, they said no, because it wasn't cracked. Now I'm trying to get my left roof rail replaced again because they replaced the cracked one with the same part #. No way would they replace all 4 of my moldings just because I wanted them replaced. Maybe you have just the right touch with those guys.
Tell them you're getting noise from both sides and you really want it fixed before you get the next Service Survey.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:19 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny thing when I picked it it the service manager said he didnt even see the crack I told him remember several months ago you ordered the old style and were told to wait for new ones the crack was wide due to cold temps and now sealed up tight.He felt a little stupid but they did the right thing and replaced the windshield moldings to get a good fit.

They even gave me a 2007 suburban loaner and gave me the 3 back washed.

No problem with Ramp hummer on warranty stuff . They even replaced the battery in march and did not try to blame it on aftermarket radio/system

If temperature is warm closely inspect the other side to see if there's a hairline crack.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Tell them you're getting noise from both sides and you really want it fixed before you get the next Service Survey.
You're right ..live and learn. Sometimes I'm just too honest. You'd THINK they'd say, "Oh, well lets replace BOTH just in case it happens on the other side." You'd think I'd learn after all this time.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

ictH3 is on a distinguished road

My wind noise/rattle was coming from the passenger side roof and started at 40 mph, it was driving me crazy! I have the off road lights and found that it is the plastic piece where the off road lights join with the piece that runs down the side of the windshield. You can see I fixed the problem by wedging a piece of rubber so the thing wouldn't rattle. See pics.... I'll be taking mine back to the dealer in the next week or so, unfortunately I have to go to a Chevy dealer since all the Hummer dealers are sooooooo far away.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

ictH3 is on a distinguished road

Fron view
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road

I have cracked roof rails on both sides, poorly fitting A-pillar trim, and marker lights that begin to fart loudly at high speed, especially in gusty wind. Should I wait awhile and have everything addressed at the same time? What's the latest date on the redesigned marker lights?
Old 11-04-2006, 04:53 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Damn, I thought it was just me and that I was being a to damn picky. I had no idea that everyone was having this problem. Shouldn't this be a re-call?
If all of us are having this issue, imagine how many more are.
My fix was to turn up the volume or roll down all the windows and just listen to wind noise.
Man my dealer that I go to is gonna hate me.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, this may sound dumb, But can I print out what you all have written and take it to my dealer?? Just so I can say "look I am not the only one" I go to a GMC dealer (10 miles away) rather than my selling dealer that is 120+ miles away. And so far this dealer has been very helpfull and understanding. They give me a loaner even for a oil change and my H3 is always detailed when I get it back, so I may have a good chance to have it all fixed.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Hummer Guru

It's fine with me!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road

It's OK with me, just don't send copies of the naughty e-mails I sent to my interns.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Hummer Novice

TreborH3 is on a distinguished road

I bought my H3 a couple of weeks ago and they were supposed to give me the marker lights. When I went down to have them put on they told me they were in Quarenteen. They said they might have the problem solved in the next couple of months. None of the 07's they have in stock have the marker lights. So it must be a BIG problem.