H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great matches your truck. Thanks for saving me from drilling that 4th hole.Im going to incorperate a quick connect between fuse and battery.I wont be doing mine till next week.The mf1050 i just got has a waterproof switch on it?.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
Looks great matches your truck. Thanks for saving me from drilling that 4th hole.Im going to incorperate a quick connect between fuse and battery.I wont be doing mine till next week.The mf1050 i just got has a waterproof switch on it?.

Mine had the same switch but, I broke it and did'nt want to send it to the factory for repairs so I installed a new switch. this is also water proofed.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
Im gunna tell your Boss your playing around on the Computer Wait, are'nt you the guy who always says, "I should of worked at Capitol One." I kid, I kid. No Really, you should make a photo album..... For me too poop on!
All kidding aside. I want see more pics! This looks like a cool mod!!!

I am the boss! Nanny, Nanny, Nanny Goat!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Hey FourFourTo!
Let me know how the install goes!
if you have any more questions I'm here for ya!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Hummer Guru

I cant wait to have it installed will even come in handy when the TPM light comes on.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Hummer Guru

How easy does the fuse cover come off with the compressor on there.I would be carefull removing with cold temperatures.I broke 2 clips when temp was about 20-25 deg. It was only $19.00 for replacement at the dealer.In the cold I would warm up engine before removing.

Also on that 4th mounting hole, I was thinking(I think to much) of glueing down a washer on lid and using the original rubber foot as a bumper against it.This way it wont bend down in that corner if presure is applyed and posibly crack plastic.It couldnt hurt.

I think my brothers getting me hard line for relocating the male end ,thats what they use on the big rigs .It might be a little harder to run lines but all the hardware will be at no cost.

Im sure you will have lines installed before I get to it next weekend.
I do recomend you get a heavy duty quick connect for removal or to shut down if switch malfunctions.(I guess you could pull the fuse)

This install for $100.00 is great.An alternitive to those high priced setups.
Good luck with rest of install.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh. Soooooo. Looking good. Glad I thought of it and you did all the work
Thanks. You da man.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Hey
Quote:
ETD
I was wondering what happened to you. jp's-h3 Did all the figuring out for us so we wont drill that 4th hole.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Hummer Expert

Hey fourfourto!
here are the answers to your questions/suggestions.

The fuse box cover comes off pretty easily, there are two tabs on each side pull out on these tabs. Release the one's closest to the engine first, then the other side. AND OFF IT WILL COME!
puting the foot back on that fourth mounting hole is a good idea!
I finished installing the air hose along the frame rail. I'll take some pics and post them asap!
Have a great weekend!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Ill check back after work for those pics .
I gave my brother the compressor to change fittings over to standard shop fittings like my other hose and home compressor that way there all the same.My brother had a good idea to use 90 deg fittings off the compressor and under the frame.

I had the fuse cover off before but that one cold day the clips broke like a toothpick.Good thing there cheap(as in cost )

Your info is great I tend to over think things and spend more time thinking about it than the install will take.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Hummer Guru

I had some time today so I hooked up the quick connect to the battery.It will save me a little time next sunday when I install compressor.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Hummer Expert

Just a little advise! DO NOT TRY TO SHUT THE HOOD W/ THE AIR HOSE INSTALLED IT SIT'S TO HIGH, YOU NEED TO DETACH IT FIRST. I thought I'd give you a head's up!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Hummer Guru

Im going to put a 90 deg fitting on it and the hood should shut.
You should be able to get a 90 deg fitting were you got your hose setup .
Old 03-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by ETD:
Ahhhh. Soooooo. Looking good. Glad I thought of it and you did all the work
Thanks. You da man.

Sorry to burst your bubble! but, I did the same install on my last rig about one year ago. So, you see this was not your idea! but, I'm glad to help any way that I can!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
Im going to put a 90 deg fitting on it and the hood should shut.
You should be able to get a 90 deg fitting were you got your hose setup .

I was thinking of the same thing but, I don't think that they make a 90 degree fitting to fit the MF-1050. (at least I have not been able to find one)
Old 03-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Switch over to a standard fitting on the compressor,hose end and male/female on extention hose..Im not using the ones that came on it.When my brother gets me the fittings Ill let you know.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Hummer Expert

So the threads on the compressor fitting are a standard size?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

I mean stardard fittings,standard = regular type im assuming the threads are all metric.I let you know how my brother makes out when he trys matching it up at work.If one is
standard and one metric he might have an adapter? Ill let you know next week.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Thanks fourfourto!
Old 03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Amazing install, thanks jp, now even a girl could do it!!!

On small critique,

your engine compartment is WAAAAAAAYY to clean